Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2020, 08:08 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,787,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The 52 Senators that voted to confirm ACB represent 16,000,000 fewer citizens than the 48 who voted against her confirmation. The minority got their wish. As short sided as it is. Good luck with minority rule. It’s not going to work long term. Maybe someday Democrats will learn how to politic. They seem great on governance in my adult life. They fail on politics, Republicans got that down pat. Governance? Republicans haven’t shown they can do that effectively.

My adult life presidents are Clinton Obama and Bush Trump. Any wonder why I think Democrats can govern more effectively?
Yeap, I’m in California unfortunately. The senators from my state don’t really represent me. Kamala Harris, that dumb ass, not really. I have voted for Feinstein repeatedly, but look how Chuck Schumer scolded her for hugging Graham. The woman is 87. This maybe her last term.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I did too. Don’t like it? Change the rules. On the flip side Republicans will have no argument against congress expanding the court. It’s in the Constitution, explicitly. She appears vastly more qualified than Brett Kavanaugh. He went into a partisan tirade on his closing statement. He didn’t even have to. He did though. He’s a serious danger to the court. ACB appears to be qualified. I don’t agree with her positions and am not happy a SC justice got approved within a week of the presidential election. I remind my fellow Republicans, turnabout is fair play. How do you expect the Democrats to react if they win the presidency and both houses? I’d expect scorched earth.
The Democrats for sure will cheap, remember Dona Brazille.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,805,823 times
Quote:
Brett Kavanaugh. He went into a partisan tirade on his closing statement. He didn’t even have to. He did though. He a serious danger to the court.
You're missing a big difference.....Kavanaugh was unfairly excoriated by the Dems...he was pissed and had a right to be. Good for him...!

Serious danger.......BS....

Old 10-27-2020, 08:39 PM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Quote:
I did too. Don’t like it? Change the rules. On the flip side Republicans will have no argument against congress expanding the court. It’s in the Constitution, explicitly. She appears vastly more qualified than Brett Kavanaugh. He went into a partisan tirade in his closing statement. He didn’t even have to. He did though. He’s a serious danger to the court. ACB appears to be qualified. I don’t agree with her positions and am not happy a SC justice got approved within a week of the presidential election. I remind my fellow Republicans, turnabout is fair play. How do you expect the Democrats to react if they win the presidency and both houses? I’d expect scorched earth.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg disagreed with you. She described Kavanaugh as "a very decent man, who was a victim of a dysfunctional confirmation process."

Old 10-27-2020, 08:43 PM

Ouch!

Old 10-27-2020, 08:48 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,703,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Overturning Roe wouldn't make abortion illegal and mandate punishment for woman or doctor. Overturning Roe would simply return the issue to the states.

Some, like NY and California, would continue to allow abortion on demand. Others, like Mississippi and Texas, would take steps to respect the sanctity of innocent life. If a state chooses to punish woman and/or doctor, that's for the state to decide.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:28 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,617,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You are the one that is not understanding this. We know the SC rules on the law. The Dems, however, want the justices to make law, not interpret it.........
Examples? What are you talking about?

Old 10-27-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The Democrats for sure will cheap, remember Dona Brazille.
This response doesn’t make sense. Please clarify.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You're missing a big difference.....Kavanaugh was unfairly excoriated by the Dems...he was pissed and had a right to be. Good for him...!

Serious danger.......BS....
I hold SC Justices to a higher standard. Life isn’t fair. He played fast and loose and still made it. Good for him. I’ve read some of his opinions. Not good. Dudes partisan as all get up.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,895,162 times
Quote:
I hold SC Justices to a higher standard. Life isn’t fair. He played fast and loose and still made it. Good for him. I’ve read some of his opinions. Not good. Dudes partisan as all get up.
Double standards have a nasty habit of coming back to bite you. What happened to Kavanaugh was wrong on too many levels to count and those that did it have completely ignored even more credible accusations against Biden.

Like you I do have higher standards for sitting politicians, and most of the accusations against Biden came when he was a sitting politician.

WE don't know that Kavanaugh did anything wrong, but we have video evidence of Biden sniffing and groping. WE have credible allegations against him.

I detest Trump but feel this nomination is the best we have had in a long time. By the way RBG considered Kavanaugh a good man and was the first to welcome him to the SCOTUS. Kagan was almost as bad as Sotomayor for a choice. We got lucky, Trump actually did something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies