Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 06:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
hmmm...Chicago cops. Not surprising!
Officer told the passenger in Illinois, passengers are required to show ID, when asked. That is incorrect and the officers know it.

I could not make out the reason the officer eventually gave as to why they pulled in front of this car. Looked like the stand- off concluded with the passenger not showing his ID.

Passenger could have simply declined, instead of going off the way he did. Or just complied. He sounded under the influence. Since he was not driving, who cares?

There is a long, long history of lousy relations between Police and the black community in the US.

CPD seizes thousands of unlawful weapons off black males every year. Often times, it’s convicted felons. The Police know better than anyone, nearly everyone is carrying, legal or otherwise, in some neighborhoods in Chicago.

Is the intent carry offense or defense?

I would not have had the same reaction as this guy did. Then again I am a white female who has never experienced a traffic stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 06:41 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You apparently went out of your way to find a video that disproves your point. There's no context. All I see is a loudmouthed agitator. He has zero idea what probable cause the officer has (nor do you). The officer is under no obligation to discuss probable cause with him, which means that the best thing to do is answer basic questions like identifying yourself. This guy is the poster child for how not to handle an interaction with the police. Shame on you for sharing this nonsense. You don't understand your rights and you are propagating your ignorance. Someone is going to end up getting arrested - or worse - thanks to you.
Exactly!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

OP fail.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:24 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
You apparently went out of your way to find a video that disproves your point. There's no context. All I see is a loudmouthed agitator.
Contempt of cop is not a crime.

Quote:
He has zero idea what probable cause the officer has (nor do you). The officer is under no obligation to discuss probable cause with him, which means that the best thing to do is answer basic questions like identifying yourself.
Yes the officer has to give the reason why the person is being detained.
Quote:
This guy is the poster child for how not to handle an interaction with the police. Shame on you for sharing this nonsense. You don't understand your rights and you are propagating your ignorance. Someone is going to end up getting arrested - or worse - thanks to you.
hahahahaha Saying someone doesn't understand rights when you don't. hahahahaha

Don't write checks with your mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Exactly!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

OP fail.
The only failure here is your lack of education on knowing what rights are.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Well, here's the thing. You know how people always say when someone posts a video, 'We don't know what happened before video started rolling'? We don't know how many times this guy has been stopped for no reason. He may have snapped at this point.

He was being detained - you don't think they need to tell him why? He wasn't even driving, why should he show them any license, which he may not have had on him in the first place?

Old 10-13-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, here's the thing. You know how people always say when someone posts a video, 'We don't know what happened before video started rolling'? We don't know how many times this guy has been stopped for no reason. He may have snapped at this point.

He was being detained - you don't think they need to tell him why? He wasn't even driving, why should he show them any license, which he may not have had on him in the first place?
Yep cannot detain someone with out probable cause of committing a crime.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
It's known as a "Black Attitude", the man went way out of his way to be the biggest a$$hole he could possibly be. Many are taught from birth to resist all authority, hate whitie and hate cops. This would have all been over with in minutes had he shown any cooperation but he chose to make a spectacle of himself. Now he hates cops more than ever, and it was entirely his fault.
Another in favor of rolling over. King George would proud of you.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yep cannot detain someone with out probable cause of committing a crime.
I'm all for complying, but at this point - they either need to tell him WHY he's being detained, or they need to let him go.

I was mad for the guy watching the video, not at the guy.

Then again - I know how Chicago cops like to play with people.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:48 AM

21,131 posts, read 19,707,707 times
I think I heard the cop say the driver didn’t stop for a stop sign. Why the passenger had to get himself involved, I can’t explain. He should have just sat there quietly. He probably wanted to get his “suicide by cop” on video.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think I heard the cop say the driver didn’t stop for a stop sign. Why the passenger had to get himself involved, I can’t explain. He should have just sat there quietly. He probably wanted to get his “suicide by cop” on video.
You're right - after much prodding they said that. Thanks for the reminder.

A rolling stop was the phrase and I know that because it set off alarm bells in my head. It's one of those b.s. charges - but let's give the cops the benefit of the doubt. You ask the driver for their license, you ticket the driver and let them be on their merry way.

I was stopped for that once decades ago and got off with a warning.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
It's known as a "Black Attitude", the man went way out of his way to be the biggest a$$hole he could possibly be. Many are taught from birth to resist all authority, hate whitie and hate cops. This would have all been over with in minutes had he shown any cooperation but he chose to make a spectacle of himself. Now he hates cops more than ever, and it was entirely his fault.
Surrender ones rights, so you do not get bullied....
Lovely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies