Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 02:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one said they were pulled over for suspicion. It was asked what probable cause and I stated they CAN state suspicion as probable cause. They dont have to discuss any probable cause.

We dont know they were not in the process of giving a warning or ticket to the driver when big mouth began being obnoxious and combative. They would most likely never have acknowledged him if he would have kept his mouth shut but we will never know as camera did not start rolling until the situation had escalated. As usual.
He had to ask them several times why they were pulled over and why they were asking for his license, and I never heard either of them say, 'we just told you....'

Nor did I see anyone writing anything up. Either give the driver a ticket or let them go. Again, asking for a passenger for ID is insane. Passengers don't need to carry ID's. Period, end of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 02:24 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He had to ask them several times why they were pulled over and why they were asking for his license, and I never heard either of them say, 'we just told you....'

Nor did I see anyone writing anything up. Either give the driver a ticket or let them go. Again, asking for a passenger for ID is insane. Passengers don't need to carry ID's. Period, end of story.
Well thats because you didnt see the initial encounter either.
From what I heard, and I admit I could not stand listening to that guy yell and carry on for another 5 minutes, he didnt give them much of a chance to speak.
I did hear him yelling over and over whats your name and badge number, dont shoot me, please dont kill me. And I saw and heard the officers telling him over and over the badge number and that their name and badge number was on their shirt and they were not going to shoot him.
We don't know the entire story but I can guess that the officers would never have even spoken to him as a passenger had he not been mouthy, combative and foolish.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:55 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,382 times
Ticket the driver or don't ticket the driver and move on. I don't blame the guy for not cooperating (in principle).

Old 10-13-2020, 03:02 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
i have never met an honest cop, they are trained to take command of any situtaion, if they are not in control, then they shoot you. now they are in control

law enforcement is the only industry where its legal to kill people

Old 10-13-2020, 03:06 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
You wouldnt think it would be such an issue to act like a civilized person, and then get treated like one. No, act like a total whiney butthead, and then be surprised you get treated the same way you are acting. And then have the OP whining they mistreated that poor man.

Just for once, take responsibility for your actions. Just once.

I would like to see what happened before this guy started recording.

Why is he so angry?

No one likes being singled out and pulled over by the cops but acting like a jerk is only going to escalate the tension.

Why do so many black guys have a chip on their shoulder?

There are plenty of white guys that do too but the black ones seem to take it to the extreme.

I wonder and I'm sure the cops did to, why this guy was so reluctant to identify himself?

It sounds like he might be guilty of something.

Oh well I guess they should have left him alone to stew in his anger but now the next time there is a riot this guy is going to be right on the front lines throwing bricks.

Old 10-13-2020, 03:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well thats because you didnt see the initial encounter either.
From what I heard, and I admit I could not stand listening to that guy yell and carry on for another 5 minutes, he didnt give them much of a chance to speak.
I did hear him yelling over and over whats your name and badge number, dont shoot me, please dont kill me. And I saw and heard the officers telling him over and over the badge number and that their name and badge number was on their shirt and they were not going to shoot him.
We don't know the entire story but I can guess that the officers would never have even spoken to him as a passenger had he not been mouthy, combative and foolish.
No, no, no - you don't get it. Cops stop and do this kind of thing even with white people (though less often). One did this to my son and his friend. The officer said he was stopping them due to a rolling stop, which both had said was an actual stop because they knew they were being tailed by police. Cop went through their pockets, their wallets, and then tore the car apart. Called for another officer who brought police canine sniffing for drugs. This went on for 40 minutes. Cop and canine found nothing and they were told to get in the car and go. Oh, did the officer suddenly forget about the ticket for the 'rolling stop'? No, that was b.s. Both of them said nothing but 'yes sir' and 'no sir' the whole time because they were raised to do that. And that wasn't in Cook County where Chicago is located - that was in my county north of Cook, where the cops are far more reasonable.

This passenger asked the cops in the video repeatedly why they were being detained. Ticket the driver or let them go. This kind of encounter is sheer idiocy that only enrages taxpayers and ties up the cops who should be doing something more useful with their time.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:36 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I am noticing that we have many narcissists in jobs with power. I’m pro LEOS, but I’ve seen some ugly attitudes. I am retiring because of that, still won’t say what I do, not yet, but things are not the same. We must do better.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
It's not rolling over, it's obeying the law.
There is no law that says he has to show ID. You didn't pay attention to the video. In yellow was everything the cops did that was improper.

Quote:
cooperate and make your life easier.
Bow down mundane and do as you are told.

Quote:
When a cop stops you you say yes sir, no sir.
When a cop stops while you are sitting in the passenger seat, don't answer questions.

Quote:
If you are in the right and the cop is in the wrong, it will come out in court.
They knew they were wrong and didn't arrest him.

Quote:
One woulds think that one who professes to Loveshiscountyr would understand. Some would prefer to be a jerk...
In this country we don't have to prove our innocence. Have you learned nothing?

We didn't fight a Revolutionary War to replace British tyranny with our own tyranny.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, much better to make a complete fool of himself as the subject did. What a loser...
The only losers are those who think it's no big deal to violate someones rights.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
LOL, you just made me snarf coffee on my keyboard. Where did you hear that ridiculous tripe? Oh look - a unicorn just jumped over a rainbow right outside your window. Seriously, dude, get real. Your rights are precisely what the society you choose to live in give you.
You should sue the schools who failed you. Get this through your head,government DEFINES the rights it protects. Rights pre-exist government.

I'm sure you've never heard of Thomas Jefferson but he was a founding father and a president.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Jefferson says that natural rights spring from very nature of man. Rights are “unalienable.” They can't be taken or given away. A government action which attempts to infringe rights would be by its very nature illegitimate. These rights exist, not according to which group you categorize yourself, but belong instead to each individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies