Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2020, 10:43 PM

1,984 posts, read 736,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It isn't a leftist theory -- but a policy for security .....if you owe too much money to a foreign entity it compromises you in some way.

I know land development and debt is part of the game. But disclosing who owns the debt is a different question. If Trump revealed who owned the debt and that he is not in any way beholden to them...that eliminates that security concern.
Your making assumptions acting as if he borrowed money from the mob. Beholden? It’s a legitimate business transaction, not a drug deal.

He also knows revealing the banks won’t do anything but lead to the next doorway the left decides to start banging on. It’s a no win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 10:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,734,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
He doesn't know QAnon and he doesn't really care... I know that your world must revolve around a relatively meaningless event... But it's still useless, meaningless, and nobody cares about it... Well nobody except those who are obsessed over niche groups...
You mean Republicans do with ANTIFA?

Old 10-15-2020, 10:47 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,809,131 times
Quote:
Mr Rogers took millions in payment from foreign countries.... And then lied to America about it... Hiding Biden... No wondering you are hiding...
Do tell us more. Other than royalties for his TV shows, what foreign payments did Mr Rogers receive, and for what was he paid? I never heard or read a word about this before, which is surprising, considering the attention and praise Mr. Rogers has received in recent years.

In any case, even if Mr. Rogers did have shady financial deals resembling those of Trump, it was his mild and caring manner I compared to that of Joe Biden, and your aside about Fred Rogers' supposed foreign deals is irrelevant.

Later: Okay, I just did a search online and found absolutely nothing verifying your statement above regarding Mr. (Fred) Rogers supposedly taking in "millions in payments from foreign countries". I couldn't even find a rumor on Snopes, much less anything on Wikipedia or any other biographical source. He lived a pretty much blameless life, was an ordained minister, and was just as he presented himself, according to his most recent biography, published in 2018.

Please cite your sources for this claim.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-15-2020 at 10:57 PM..

Old 10-15-2020, 10:48 PM

6,522 posts, read 6,668,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Biden was asked about how his response to Covid-19 might have differed, had he been president when it was first detected, and he would asked what he would do about Covid-19 if he is elected. Other questioned concerned what he would do to help the black community. He was also asked about whether or not he thought the Supreme Court should be enlarged to more than nine justices. Reception was spotty so I very likely missed several topics on which he was questioned.

I think because Biden tends to be conventionally courteous, he can come across as being mild-mannered - someone on Twitter compared him to Mr. Rogers, which I thought was fairly apt. However, his passion for justice and his innate courtesy were very apparent, along with his deep understanding of democratic government and how it works. There were no fireworks, but there were no wildfires, either. I found it refreshing to have an intelligent adult responding with temperate, reasonable replies.
Lol. Biden is a gentleman? Was he a gentleman when he was swiming nude in front of his female Secret Service agents? Was he a gentelman when he was playing grab-butt with a Secret Service agent's girlfriend & was almost beat-down by that agent? Spare us...

Old 10-15-2020, 10:49 PM

1,969 posts, read 538,482 times
Quote:
Tougher? Trump got a nuclear warhead shot at him while Biden had an acorn wrapped in foam padding thrown at him a mile away by a toddler... Yeah, Trump got it tougher... And won...
i was gona say something similar, but this is better!

Old 10-15-2020, 10:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,734,032 times
Trump has changed his position on the court and wanted to pack it based on what happened with Kavanaugh. Talk about packing the court...

17,276 posts, read 6,641,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Lol. Biden is a gentleman? Was he a gentleman when he was swiming nude in front of his female Secret Service agents? Was he a gentelman when he was playing grab-butt with a Secret Service agent's girlfriend & was almost beat-down by that agent? Spare us...
Biden is a white supremacist and a racist. It's no surprise that CraigCreek supports him.

20,187 posts, read 23,751,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You mean Republicans do with ANTIFA?
Oh yeah... Hundreds of riots and looting that are still ongoing... Multiple people dead or hurt... Billions in damage... labeled as a terrorist group... Oh yeah, I can see why liberals think nobody should talk about them....

31,841 posts, read 14,828,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Oh that sounds fascinating. Can you give links.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:51 PM
JL

8,516 posts, read 14,462,662 times
I think the townhall is the best thing for both guys. Them on being the same stage will just be them talking over each other and arguing for the entire debate. Here in the townhall they can give their answers in depth eventhough some of it might just be b.s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies