Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 07:35 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
But Trump LIVES to be confrontational and edgy and adversarial. He's built his life, career and Presidency on it. What is confrontational? Trying to get Trump to follow the rules his campaign agreed to beforehand? Daring to bring up the handling of coronavirus, the racial unrest, the implied support of domestic terror groups, the constant misinformation or the dissemination of unfounded, unproven conspiracy theories?

In other words, don't ask him for answers about anything but his unqualified successes and don't make him follow rules. Otherwise, you're Anti-Trump. Got it.

What a bunch of whiners Trump has empowered.
Or how about asking him things that matter like what his strategy and goals are for the next four years? But noo, these Trump hating moderators want a Trump trial with GOTCHA questions that mean nothing for the average American.

For example, what good does it do to ask Trump for the 1000th time if he will denounce white supremacy? He has denounced it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again. Even calling out specifics like David Duke and KKK. What more does he have to do? Go to their rallies and spit in their face? The handling of covid is irrelevant too. What's done is done. Lot of mistakes were made by many people. The focus should be on the future, not a blame game. That's not indicative of poor leadership. Covid has baffled experts and has been a complete unknown. Any president would have struggled with it. Even Canada is struggling right now.

I want to see an informative debate. Not another Trump trial where he is not even allowed to defend himself.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:37 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
If you think he won that first debate, you're just blind with the orange glow. I'm not saying Biden won it, but Trump DEFINITELY lost it.
Keep watching NBC, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc and parrot their lying viewpoint. That's all you are good for, but blindly accept it.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:38 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
The debate commission needs to be "Swapped Out" and disinfected !!!

Old 10-16-2020, 07:43 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Keep watching NBC, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc and parrot their lying viewpoint. That's all you are good for, but blindly accept it.
Except...I watched the debate itself. Not the [pre-game or post-game shows. And since you're just parroting FOX and OAN, I suggest you listen to a Billy Joel album called Glass Houses and let the adults talk.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:45 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Where were all the threads about Democrats crapping their pants when someone from fox was picked as a moderator? Where was the outrage and accusations that it would be biased? A Fox News anchor. That wasn’t “fair” enough?

The way he tried to get the president to just answer the question asked, is not bias, it’s how a debate works!

The difference in their town halls reflects their differences in answering a question, even when it’s the same question.

Trump already said he doesn’t want a debate where there’s a possibility that his mic is cut when his time is up. He doesn’t follow rules, he won’t be happy unless he’s allowed to act like an obnoxious bully, there’s no other version of him. The Law and Order President. Rules don’t apply apparently.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:45 AM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Apparently an anti-Trump moderator is somebody who follows up on a misleading response. I've never seen such a thin-skinned man.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:48 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Or how about asking him things that matter like what his strategy and goals are for the next four years? But noo, these Trump hating moderators want a Trump trial with GOTCHA questions that mean nothing for the average American.

For example, what good does it do to ask Trump for the 1000th time if he will denounce white supremacy? He has denounced it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again. Even calling out specifics like David Duke and KKK. What more does he have to do? Go to their rallies and spit in their face? The handling of covid is irrelevant too. What's done is done. Lot of mistakes were made by many people. The focus should be on the future, not a blame game. That's not indicative of poor leadership. Covid has baffled experts and has been a complete unknown. Any president would have struggled with it. Even Canada is struggling right now.

I want to see an informative debate. Not another Trump trial where he is not even allowed to defend himself.
No, you want another Trump RALLY where everyone acts like he isn't one of the worst Presidents ever (his approval ratings AND the opinions of a large number of world leaders) and that his lies and misleading statements ("I don't know what they (Q'Anon ) is!", "I say wear the mask, I'm fine with it."...and those are just from last NIGHT) are taken as gospel by what is apparently a horde of people with the memories of goldfish.

Biden is far from perfect, but Trump is just embarrassing. Not even for all the horrid things he says and does, for showcasing how.....base his base is.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:48 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Just because Trump did poorly in the debate does not mean the moderator was biased. Trump's crowd needs to consider Trump needs to improve his performance, if he wants to win.

Instead of whining about a moderator, maybe suggest Trump not bully, interrupt, lie and act like a child in a presidential debate.

Quote:
Biden is far from perfect, but Trump is just embarrassing. Not even for all the horrid things he says and does, for showcasing how.....base his base is.
Exactly. This election is like your computer getting hacked, corrupted and made unusable. Voting Biden is like doing a factory reset on the computer. You're not thrilled with the situation, it's not really how you want it to go, but it's night and day better than how bad it was before the reset.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:51 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Except...I watched the debate itself. Not the [pre-game or post-game shows. And since you're just parroting FOX and OAN, I suggest you listen to a Billy Joel album called Glass Houses and let the adults talk.
So did I but you are blinded by your bias.

I don't get my political nor personal life strategies from rock albums and singers with character flaws like you do. Obviously you have a lot in common. Pathetic.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:03 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
But Trump LIVES to be confrontational and edgy and adversarial. He's built his life, career and Presidency on it. What is confrontational? Trying to get Trump to follow the rules his campaign agreed to beforehand? Daring to bring up the handling of coronavirus, the racial unrest, the implied support of domestic terror groups, the constant misinformation or the dissemination of unfounded, unproven conspiracy theories?

In other words, don't ask him for answers about anything but his unqualified successes and don't make him follow rules. Otherwise, you're Anti-Trump. Got it.

What a bunch of whiners Trump has empowered.

The moderators aren't supposed to debate the candidate...... that's the opponent's job.

Savannah Guthrie demonstrated quite well what she thought her mission was...... to be a stand-in for Joe Biden.

If George Stephanopoulos had treated Joe Biden the way that Savannah treated Trump, Joe would have walked off the stage in the first 5 minutes.

The thing is, Trump knew what he was getting into with NBC and went and answered questions anyways.

Meanwhile , Joe sat in a mostly empty hall, fielding softball questions with a moderator who would have literally kissed his ass if necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies