Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 02:23 PM

14,072 posts, read 4,466,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Those with good judgment, cool nerves and steady hands.
Oh, so you are talking about people who have been in firefight...like combat veterans or experienced cops?

Interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 02:25 PM
bu2

23,874 posts, read 14,671,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Biden = joke. I just can't believe the Demos couldn't find anyone else to run......
They could STILL replace him. But instead they hide all the bad news about him.

Says something really bad about the news media and the DNC.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:28 PM

18,275 posts, read 8,077,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
We are not talking about "warning shot". We are talking about shooting AT people in the leg.
...basically the same thing

Old 10-17-2020, 02:28 PM
bu2

Quote:
I am not looking for your agreement, I am just saying it can be considered in the scenario I already explained (as it is in other countries), and I also explained that a leg shot can be lethal, but chance of survival is much grater than with center mass shots. I said "when possible" (twice) ,and obviously it does not apply if the suspect is carrying a firearm, or if you don't have time to try a leg shot (like if someone is charging at you with a machete).
If you need to shoot and you shoot at the leg, you will probably end up dead. Because you will miss and they will keep coming.

Only someone as ignorant as Joe Biden would defend that remark. You need to get your info other than from msm and Hollywood.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:33 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Nothing really tough guy about it......just hand to hand is not nice at all. I've got about 5 seconds to take anyone out before they bring up their defences and clobber me......so you better believe I am going to use every trick in every one's book to take him out of action.......and that includes preemptive strikes.
My dad was chasing a shoplifter (both unarmed). Took his time catching him to get him winded. Finally the guy was worn out and stopped in a junk yard. My father, who was a golden gloves boxer put up his fists and said, "You want it easy or hard." The guy picked up a pipe and my dad felt like the guy with the sword vs. Indiana Jones. He had to break the guy's arm. No fooling around.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:40 PM

14,072 posts, read 4,466,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If you need to shoot and you shoot at the leg, you will probably end up dead. Because you will miss and they will keep coming.

Only someone as ignorant as Joe Biden would defend that remark. You need to get your info other than from msm and Hollywood.
One of the guys from my platoon in Iraq received a purple heart after he took 5 AK rifle rounds. He still managed to kill the shooter. He is a bad ass.

Cops in American carry peashooter 9mm or s&w 40 caliber. There is little stopping power with those peashooters

Old 10-17-2020, 03:04 PM

23,491 posts, read 13,727,994 times
Quote:
Those with good judgment, cool nerves and steady hands.
Well, A and B.

A: Nonsense because as stated before, one does not aim at such a small target that is capable of moving out of the shooting window in an instant.

B: You say "good judgement". A person firing a gun with good judgement would not shoot at a target with a probability of the shot missing where that round is then down range, without an intended target, a hazard to the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
One of the guys from my platoon in Iraq received a purple heart after he took 5 AK rifle rounds. He still managed to kill the shooter. He is a bad ass.

Cops in American carry peashooter 9mm or s&w 40 caliber. There is little stopping power with those peashooters
In the midst of this discussion, I do wonder what my .45 Hydra Shok would do to a frontal hit on a leg.....I'm thinking a turnaquet will be needed.

Old 10-17-2020, 03:17 PM

34,134 posts, read 18,389,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

And only the ignorant would think that possible and a good strategy to follow. Moronic. Not surprised at these people.

Old 10-17-2020, 03:32 PM

76,954 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, A and B.

A: Nonsense because as stated before, one does not aim at such a small target that is capable of moving out of the shooting window in an instant.
If you can't hit a target the size of a telephone pole, then maybe you should not be carrying a firearm.

But it has already been concluded that the US cops are not up to the task, so it has become a moot point.

Here is a story where the suspect was shot in the leg and the police was able to interrogate him later. This was in Europe. The cop made a judgement call and put one in the thigh, as opposed to six in the chest.

"Police said the alarm was raised at 16:02 local time (13:02 GMT) on Friday, when a man was reported to have attacked passers-by with a knife. Witnesses said he then ran to a nearby square and stabbed more people before he was shot in the thigh. Police said he was arrested at 16:05."

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-17-2020 at 03:47 PM..

Old 10-17-2020, 03:34 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,268,117 times
Quote:
If you can't hit a target the size of a telephone pole, then maybe you should not be carrying a firearm.

But it has already been concluded that the US cops are not up to the task, so it has become a moot point.
Maybe you could show all the cops how to do it. I mean you are an expert. Cops always like people such as yourself fixing police departments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies