Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 03:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

The guy who lies all the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 03:38 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

The thread title is laughable!
I think it's intended to be.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sHorrorJunkie View Post
Any arguments to the contrary?
Okay. What if we think his promises stink?

Old 10-16-2020, 03:47 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You cannot fault Trump for being an optimist and trying to fulfill his campaign pledges.

There are few politicians that do not promise the moon and then after the win the promises are ignored. We can see this with Biden today. What has the guy actually accomplished in 47 years but man he can talk a good tall tale of utopia.

I do think that Trump thought he could come in and solve all our problems like he was the CEO of company he just bought out. Trump had no idea that the Democrats were such terrible people that would attack and assault every single thing he ever tried to do.

It has been a non stop grind 24/7 of everything Trump for the last 4 years by the Democrat propaganda machine.

Healthcare is a complex that even many of our elected doesn't understand. Pelosi once said that they need to pass the ACA to find out what is in it. Of course the biggie about Obamacare is how Congress voted themselves exempt from it?

The border is another story. Trumps pledge of making Mexico pay for it was a joke. What is not a joke is how hard the Democrats have fought him over something as simple as securing the border. The take away from their blocking and stopping the wall construction is that the Democrats do not think America is worth protecting.

Trump is an optimist, a visionary, a man that tells it like it is and a man that sometimes stomps loudly and carries a club. The Democrats and their media have never understood this and they have attacked him for it but in 2016 Trump was exactly what America needed and now we need him more than ever.
Trumps meaning of "Mexico will pay for the wall" is that the tariffs enacted on Mexico due to the re-negotiation of our trade agreements will pay for the wall. Now if the Mexican goods end up costing more to the US consumer, or the Mexicans have to price the goods cheaper so the price is the same to the US consumer, is too complicated to measure and would vary widely across the various commodities that are traded.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:49 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Any arguments to the contrary?
Where is his Mexican-funded wall, his tax returns, and his healthcare plan, for openers...?

Old 10-16-2020, 03:50 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Biden promised to Make China Great Again.

He did also.
Don't look now, but under Trump the United States has the largest trade deficit in history.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:02 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You cannot fault Trump for being an optimist and trying to fulfill his campaign pledges. ... .
When it comes to Trumpian reality this is the problem:

Quote:
(CNN)Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, has told friends that President Donald Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/polit...als/index.html

Sure, sure. Kelly should have the guts to stay that directly to the American people. Maybe he has the soldier's misplaced sense of loyalty to a commander in chief. But I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to anyone who actually thinks Trump's action are due to ethics of promise-keeping. What they might get from Trump is one thing (SCOTUS). But believe in the guy as either a person or a POTUS?

Old 10-16-2020, 04:04 PM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not at all, I for sure had to shut up when Mexico paid for the wall. Who could have pulled that off but Trump?
Now that's funny.

I was going to say his big, beautiful healthcare plan or the plan to balance the budget in 10 years.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
*Built the Wall
I dont know how to tell you this....but he mostly did maintenance on the existing one that was there before him, and built virtually no significant additional wall.

Quote:
*Put Constitutionalists on SCOTUS
aka....he listened to folks and picked people from a list they provided him. Honestly McConell could have trained a parrot to do this for him.

Quote:
*Moved the Embassy to Israel
Increasing the level of strife and hatred in the middle east. Way to go! That being said.....This one he said he would, and he delivered. I give this one to you because this was something he made occur.
Quote:

*Pulled out of bs Multinational Agreements like TPP
Making China even more powerful in the region and destroying the best hope we had to contain them some.

Quote:
*Replaced NAFTA
With something 99% identical....

Quote:
*Got Prison Reform done
Which is something he hadn't promised to do. I know it should be a gimme on this one for you, but no. He had made no such promise, and he wasn't the one who worked on it, that was Jared I believe. Its one of the few things he has been involved in that I approve of though. So I kinda hate not giving you this one. Oh, and he didnt do much for prison reform, mostly sentencing I thought.

Quote:
*Continues to advocate for the working-class rather than wealthy globalists
You mean the globalists who he gave massive tax cuts too, and who have seen their net worth go up by 300 billion while the rest of us are further behind? Im sorry, but this is the biggest LOL, of all fo your claims.

Quote:
....need I go on?
Please do, I can debunk nonsense like this all day.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:15 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,055,756 times
My faith is with Trump. I don`t trust Biden or Harris at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies