Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's issues are important to you when voting for the next President.
The Supreme court/judges. 9 13.85%
Healthcare 2 3.08%
the Economy 26 40.00%
Covid Pandemic 4 6.15%
Climate 2 3.08%
Racial tensions 0 0%
Foreign policy 3 4.62%
All the above. 19 29.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 05:21 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times

Advertisements

Character trumps issues to me. Character is of paramount importance: courage and integrity are at the core of successful leadership and America requires a POTUS who possesses these both. Our POTUS must be a person with integrity and courage in order to preserve, protect and defend our United States of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 05:23 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Where the option for when you’re just sick of trumps bs?

It’s called political capital. Every politician only has so much. He used his up real fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Character trumps issues to me. Character is of paramount importance: courage and integrity are at the core of successful leadership and America requires a POTUS who possesses these both. Our POTUS must be a person with integrity and courage in order to preserve, protect and defend our United States of America.
^^

Person > policy > politics.

A persons character is of the utmost importance.

Policy is what they actually do.

Politics is what they say for the show of politics.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Character trumps issues to me. Character is of paramount importance: courage and integrity are at the core of successful leadership and America need a POTUS who possesses these both. Our POTUS must be a person with integrity and courage in order to preserve, protect and defend our United States of America.
That's another reason why I'm voting Trump and against politicians Kamala/quid pro Joe. Joe and Kamala have none of those qualities.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:26 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's another reason why I'm voting Trump and against politicians Kamala/quid pro Joe. Joe and Kamala have none of those qualities.

If Trump was an Investment Advisor, no client would make money. He would end up like Bernie Madoff.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:28 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
If Trump was an Investment Advisor, no client would make money. He would end up like Bernie Madoff.
He’d actually probably make a lot money.

Most investment advisors sell. They don’t actually manage.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:31 PM

25,731 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
"The economy" has simply become something both parties will prop up with unlimited amounts of central bank asset buying to maintain a "forever expansion" which leads to major inflation... most likely scenario. We'll see if wages can keep up with the rate of inflation and money creation. We'll see if they fairly hand out the money to everyone, or if they make some people continue to slave away and give other people money to do nothing. Should be interesting. I want to get myself on the welfare dole like everyone else.
I want a gov't part-time job w/ Cadillac health plan, above average pay, a pension that fully vests in 20 years, then pays 80% of my highest pay rate, months of vacation, tons of holidays some never heard of, full job security, & bonus paid time off for gov't shutdowns, & pandemics, carryover of all unused time off paid out at my highest pay grade, & a union to protect it all against those greedy taxpayers.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:41 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Really is that why he is a rich man today? How did that happen if all of his investments failed?

Old 10-16-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
You’re the descendent of illegal aliens
How would you know that? Do you know this poster personally?

Old 10-16-2020, 05:43 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Yep and independent credit agencies have affirmed. Biden is the right man with the plan.

Oxford, Moody's: Biden's Economic Plan Would Create More Jobs, Growth Versus Trump's

It's time to stop investing in companies that off-shore jobs and investing in the American People.
pretty amazing that for 8 years (nevermind any role in NAFTA etal) Joe Biden could have done something. But this time - THIS TIME! - he really means it!!!!

Old 10-16-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Admittedly this may sound racist but my number one priority is that no one who is orange be elected.
Keep your day job you're no stand up comedian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies