Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the information on Biden's laptop influence the election?
I'm republican - yes 30 25.21%
I'm democrat- yes 11 9.24%
I'm republican- no 32 26.89%
I'm democrat- no 46 38.66%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 08:02 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Every day, Gulliani releases more information from Hunter Biden's lap top. Apparently he has said that he will release the devastating information on Joe Biden ten days before the election.

Will the released information on Biden influence the election?
I'm worried this may take Biden out.

I don't want this.

I just want what is actually going to happen naturally; Biden/Harris is going to get clobbered by Trump/Pence.

We don't need a derailed election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 08:04 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
The way I see it, there are two possibilities

1) the laptop and the emails are authentic. If so, the media and Facebook are guilty of withholding information from the public in order to benefit a specific candidate. Hunter Biden is guilty of selling influence and we need to know just how much Joe was involved in the scheme.

2) the laptop and emails are a fraud. In this case, Steve Bannon and Rudy Giuliani are guilty of conspiring with Russia to impact the US election and will spend a very long time in jail. Also we need to know just how much Trump was involved in this scheme.

We really need answers before the election because whoever is elected will then claim Presidential immunity from any prosecution. Wouldn’t that be ironic if Biden was elected and then used the idea of presidential immunity that Trump asserted to protect himself?

Old 10-16-2020, 08:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Will the Biden laptop change the election?

The laptop itself, no, but what's on the laptop, yeah that could !!!

Anyone foolish enough to believe China Joe is honest is probably going to be the fool no matter what is found but there is hope for them !!! Thats about it !!!

Old 10-16-2020, 08:06 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

1) the laptop and the emails are authentic. If so, the media and Facebook are guilty of withholding information from the public in order to benefit a specific candidate. Hunter Biden is guilty of selling influence and we need to know just how much Joe was involved in the scheme.

2) the laptop and emails are a fraud. In this case, Steve Bannon and Rudy Giuliani are guilty of conspiring with Russia to impact the US election and will spend a very long time in jail. Also we need to know just how much Trump was involved in this scheme.

We really need answers before the election because whoever is elected will then claim Presidential immunity from any prosecution. Wouldn’t that be ironic if Biden was elected and then used the idea of presidential immunity that Trump asserted to protect himself?
Fox has sources that were on the email chains confirm they are legitimate. It’s looking like option 1.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:07 PM

2,450 posts, read 971,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Clinton lost in 2016 and the revelations there did not involve criminal activity, just negligence.
Criminal negligence is a crime. A felony.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I asked several Democrats if they think that Biden is guilty... Everyone said yes and will still vote for him... The reason they vote is because of hate and I think that is representative of most of them.......

Old 10-16-2020, 08:20 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
We have been in a global health pandemic most of the year. People are out of work, businesses are closing, some permanently. Schools aren't open. Many are standing in lines at foods banks. Healthcare workers have been overwhelmed. This country is in chaos and hurting because we haven't had any leadership with this. So why in the world would anyone care about Hunter's laptop.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:21 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

Ummm........ a president cannot declare himself immune from crimes.

See Watergate

Whoever is elected, this will take out Joe and Hunter. The question is will it take out Obama.

The good thing is that it will lead to increased protections so that dems cannot sell out America to the Chinese. We may be witnessing the beginning of the end of dem “pay for play” politics.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:25 PM

14,764 posts, read 8,093,254 times
No.
First I doubt the validity and the story behind it. The whole story is sketchy and suspect.
(I lean toward it is much more likely to be fraudulent...heck one of the persons involved Steve Bannon was recently arrested for fraud in the Border Wall Charity scheme. People involved with Trump like Bannon and Roger Stone have proven they will go to any lengths and break laws to reach their goals, Trump is a habitual liar...do I trust this group? No way.)

Second, even if it were true I cast my vote for Joe Biden, not Hunter Biden.
(And I don't hold candidates or people responsible for what their parents or their grown children do.)
Third, I consider Donald Trump a threat to our Country and our Constitution. I would trust literally anyone else in the country more than him. I would vote for a rock over him.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:27 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
no, a hail mary unsubstantiated claim by a Trump lapdog will not impact the election in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies