Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 04:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ThevOP may be willing to die. I am not. I want the convince of voting by mail. Why should anyone have to stand in line for hours to vote? Very difficult for lots of people.
Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the wide spread fraud associated with mail in voting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 05:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am in my late-30s, and have always felt like it was my right, my heritage, my duty to vote. And voting in-person is important to me. I find it absolutely repugnant that this mail-in voting seems to be exploding. It is distirbing.

And I would risk acquiring a disease in the process of carrying out my American right to vote (in person) if that is what it required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
People have voted by mail since the civil war. Why would you risk dying to vote in person?
Thanks. It is sad how some have been so ridiculously influenced by this current prez and his falsifications. This never used to be an issue, prior.

More:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the wide spread fraud associated with mail in voting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I'm in my 40s, Ill risk getting a disease in the process too and to vote against Biden along with the other hate filled Democrats.
LOL...

Last edited by In2itive_1; 10-17-2020 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: Additions

Old 10-17-2020, 05:32 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
I voted in-person yesterday. I never felt that my life was in danger. I wore a mask, kept my distance from everyone else and noticed that the poll workers were wiping everything down with disinfectant in between uses.

It really wasn't a big deal. The wait was longer than normal, as to be expected, but I planned ahead for that.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Colorado elected Cory Gardner.
I’d be happy to accept that his win was due to fraud, but alas, it was not.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:07 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
People have voted by mail since the civil war. Why would you risk dying to vote in person?
The percent of total votes attempted by mail, versus the total eligible voter population, has skyrocketed.

That weakens our country, since so many are lost, damage, stolen, or disallowed.

How many cases now have we had where ballots were found in the trash, or along roadsides? How many voters forget to sign them, & get disallowed? Millions in a national election like this.

Even states that have had vote-by-mail for years, acknowlege that it took them several election cycles to work the bugs all out, and implement the proper controls.

Even when they provide web sites to go to to make sure your ballot was counted, I bet very few use them, and then remedy it, if theirs is missing.

No state can prevent mailpersons from trashing ballots. That is why some states have done to ballot drop off boxes...to remove the mail carrier element from the process entirely. I commend them for that.

Hopefully, Trump will win in a blowout, so the mail-in calamity doesn't cost us lives, and property, and to insure the American peoples true intentions are met.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:24 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
I have two words for those who think that in-person voting is foolproof: hanging chads.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:30 AM

364 posts, read 121,099 times
Voting by mail using Absentee ballots is not the issue. Please stop playing dumb people.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:40 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am in my late-30s, and have always felt like it was my right, my heritage, my duty to vote. And voting in-person is important to me. I find it absolutely repugnant that this mail-in voting seems to be exploding. It is distirbing.

And I would risk acquiring a disease in the process of carrying out my American right to vote (in person) if that is what it required.
And I’m in my 30s and have never voted in person. I have better things to do than stand in line when I can just get a paper ballot.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:40 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I'm in my 40s, Ill risk getting a disease in the process too and to vote against Biden along with the other hate filled Democrats.
Indeed, they are the modern KKK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The percent of total votes attempted by mail, versus the total eligible voter population, has skyrocketed.

That weakens our country, since so many are lost, damage, stolen, or disallowed.

How many cases now have we had where ballots were found in the trash, or along roadsides? How many voters forget to sign them, & get disallowed? Millions in a national election like this. .
And that's just it.

I find it absolutely stomach-churning that this voting by mail has become so widespread.

It is not good.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:07 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I havne't missed an election since 1968.
I've voted by mail 2 times, and this upcoming election will be #3.

I'm really glad I never died from an election. I'm also glad the single time I was sick at the time I voted by mail instead of standing in line and infecting everyone.

No thanks. While I enjoy voting in person, it's an obligation first and foremost, so I'll vote by mail, even though it won't be as fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies