Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 01:30 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's time for some of you to put this into perspective.

World Population: 7,819,264,499 (the last number goes up and down every second)

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

7.8 Billion people.

Or 7.69 according to this site:

https://www.census.gov/popclock/

Global Deaths from Corona Virus:

ONE million out of 7.8 Billion

https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...i-update-9.pdf

The United States has a huge baby boomer population. They are anywhere from 60 something to late 70s, early 80s.

73 million in the United States.

[url]https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/12/by-2030-all-baby-boomers-will-be-age-65-or-older.html[/B
The United States has a population of 330,462,456 (last number goes up and down)

https://www.census.gov/popclock/

We have 216,073 deaths from (or with) Corona in the US.

Again https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...i-update-9.pdf

Do the math, people.This is not as deadly as some of you continue to push. It's time to stop this fear mongering. Stop it.

No. They’re not.

The whole naming of the generation came from the post World War II baby boom.

Pew, Gallup, and the U.S. Department of Labor all define Baby Boomers as being born between 1946 and 1964.

The oldest boomers are 74 (Trump, GWB, and Bill Clinton are all first year boomers).

The youngest boomers will turn 56 before the end of 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 04:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

No. They’re not.

The whole naming of the generation came from the post World War II baby boom.

Pew, Gallup, and the U.S. Department of Labor all define Baby Boomers as being born between 1946 and 1964.

The oldest boomers are 74 (Trump, GWB, and Bill Clinton are all first year boomers).

The youngest boomers will turn 56 before the end of 2020.
That's all you got? You want to nitpick about age of a baby boomer? Totally ignored the fact that only 1 million people out of 7 fricken BILLION have died, globally, didn't you?

The 73 million boomers number is from the census bureau. That's not debatable, those are the numbers.

The population of the US and the death numbers from the US is from the WHO. That's not debatable, those are the numbers.

200,000 out of 330 million.

1 million out of 7 Billion.

That's it.

Oooh, scary.

This isn't the pandemic that the left wishes it was.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:30 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Many of us continue to point this out. Because we aren't having the # of deaths that we had early on, the scum sucking media has latched on to "positive cases" to scare everyone. And, clearly, we have a bunch of mouth breathing morons in this country who buy into that.

Positive cases do not equal death.

The survival rate is 99.9% (which I've been saying for months on end, despite how many demanded to know where I "got that number" (if you fools would read something besides the main stream liars, you would have known that, as well)), with most of those being very mild or NO symptoms at all!

Stop freaking out over something that isn't as deadly as the lying politicians and media would like you to believe.

Some of you are pushing this for political purposes because "Trump!!", and lying about what he did in the beginning, and lying about what the Dems did in the beginning in reaction to the things Trump was doing to protect people....

And some of you apparently thrive off of living in fear.

Get. Over IT.

Stay the hell away from each other, meaning out of their personal space, wash your filthy hands that you never wash, stop touching everything out in public, and you'll be fine.

If you're elderly, or you have breathing issues already, stay. home!

Done.
It gets worse now, it seems they now "shame" people for getting a virus. Oh you must have done something wrong and no paid attention to the guidelines. Somewhere you didn't wear a mask or were around someone who didn't, that is exactly where you got it.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:32 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Covid exists but spares almost everyone it infects any lasting harm. Demanding healthy people drastically upend their lives and cause them to suffer emotional and financial hardship because you might get it, is the epitome of selfish.
Exactly. I have to now "tiptoe" around others cause they think they can be out and about and live a "normal" life as long as they have a mask on. This even now goes outside where people think your crazy for not wearing a mask. Sorry, I would rather breath in fresh air than some bacteria trap on your face. If you are that scared don't go out, I'm not responsible for your health. I don't get to pick what you eat and our risk factor.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:46 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,219 times

Well, let's see. According to Johns Hopkins/CDC, the 14 day increase of the 7 day moving average for those 8 states is:

California -7.08%
Arizona +55.7%
Idaho +41%
Wyoming +56%
North Dakota +63.9%
Georgia +10.6%
Vermont +42.9%

Source: https://covidusa.net/

Every state is listed at the bottom of the page.

I'd say MSN should either get new sources or change their definition of soaring.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:58 AM

8,047 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
Well, let's see. According to Johns Hopkins/CDC, the 14 day increase of the 7 day moving average for those 8 states is:

California -7.08%
Arizona +55.7%
Idaho +41%
Wyoming +56%
North Dakota +63.9%
Georgia +10.6%
Vermont +42.9%

Source: https://covidusa.net/

Every state is listed at the bottom of the page.

I'd say MSN should either get new sources or change their definition of soaring.
Yes, but Soaring and Surging sound so good and dramatic, though.
The main stream media channels would gain so much more credibility if they would report the actual risks and put them in perspective, rather than trying to cause fear and alarm.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:05 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It’s really a shame because these numbers could have been avoided.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I didn't say it wasn't all about masks. My problem is with those who absolutely refuse to wear a mask under any circumstance. If wearing a mask can keep even one person safe then we all should just do it and stop whining about rights being taken away & blah blah blah. It's selfish.
But we could all be carrying something at any given time that could pass to another person,

Shingles, the flu, other viruses, the common cold. We're human. There will always be this risk. We also have natural immune systems that are meant to fight off these things, unless one's immunity is weakened for some reason (age, illness, etc.), and yes around those people, it makes sense to take precautions.

Since there will always be viruses and flus that exist among us, should we all be wearing masks now and forever, and if we don't we're selfish?

Just one more comment. Rights being taken away is not a bunch of blah, blah, blah and whining. Wars have been fought and people have died for "rights" and freedoms.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
It's not surprising. Until there is a vaccine, anytime things open up (including schools, where kids can catch it and bring it home), it will spread. A safe and effective vaccine is the only hope to stop this spread.
Is that you, Bill Gates here posting on City Data?

Old 10-18-2020, 08:16 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
People have died because they couldn't get medical care due to covid shutdowns. I know of three personally. One was my step sister. We weren't even allowed to attend a funeral. My step sister was only 27 years old.
I'm a doc, had Covid in March and gave it to my immuno-suppressed wife who nearly died. She is still recovering today. But even I as a doc could not attend to her in the hospital because of Covid rules.

I am so sorry about your terrible news. Why couldn't you attend her funeral?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies