Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 07:36 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,782,603 times

Advertisements

So... basically we have a whole thread of people accusing the "other" side of being nuts who hold extreme views... while THEY exhibit the same behavior they criticize from their "enemies".

Yep, we're doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 08:16 AM

17,346 posts, read 9,163,791 times
Flyers left at Trump supporter homes in Kansas City

https://mobile.twitter.com/mschlapp/...318656/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/mschlapp/...318656/photo/1

Old 10-19-2020, 08:19 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,162,833 times
If I remember correctly each presidential election year the Democrat and Republican National Convention have their share of protests. Were there any protests at anything the Democrats had? Maybe this means something about who is controlling the protests.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:21 AM

5,186 posts, read 4,637,259 times
If Republicans continue to subvert the democratic process by introducing more and more corruption into government, they will be very surprised to learn that Democrat protests are not just fringe. Sure they start in the cities. But just wait.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 AM

62,609 posts, read 28,790,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
If Republicans continue to subvert the democratic process by introducing more and more corruption into government, they will be very surprised to learn that Democrat protests are not just fringe. Sure they start in the cities. But just wait.
You just described the Democrats when you use the word corruption.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:32 AM

8,931 posts, read 5,957,848 times
Default Where are they now?

I haven't yet seen a list of self-made celebrities who have promised to leave the USA if [fill in candidate of choice] wins.

From 2016 promises if candidate Trump won:

Amy Schumer

"My act will change because I'll need to learn to speak Spanish because I will move to Spain, or somewhere," the comedienne and cousin of Sen. Chuck Schumer said. "It's beyond my comprehension if Trump won. It's too crazy."

Bryan Cranston

"I would definitely move," the former "Breaking Bad" star said last month. "It's not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won't."

Lena Dunham

The "Girls" star told Bustle there's a "100 percent chance" she'd move to Vancouver if Trump wins.

Samuel L. Jackson

"If that motherf---er becomes president, I’m moving my black a-- to South Africa," the actor told Jimmy Kimmel.

Barbra Streisand

"I'm either coming to your country, if you'll let me in, or Canada," she told the Australian edition of "60 Minutes."

Miley Cyrus

"My heart is broken into a 100000 pieces," she wrote on Instagram. "I am moving if this is my president! I don't say things I don't mean!"

Old 10-19-2020, 08:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,622,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
So basically, we now have a situation where there are members of each party that think that if the other guy wins it will be The End Of America As We Know It - and that their side's loss can only happen through some kind of unfair shenanigans by the corrupt enemies on the other side.

It honestly seems like no matter what happens there will be chaos.

How does America ever get back to anything approaching normal again? I really don't know how we get out of this. People really are deeply entrenched in their separate realities, and in each those realties the country will be destroyed by the winner.

I know that there are plenty of folks in the middle that are nowhere near that extreme but it really is hard to tell how big that middle is anymore.

What do you guys think we are in for? And do you ever think sanity will return?
In general, I think that the larger electorate will accept the results, whatever they are.
The bigger concern for me is how will Trump react should the polls prove accurate?
Given his well-established vindictiveness, what should we expect if he ends up being fired?
Could be a dangerous few months.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:43 AM

9,471 posts, read 9,329,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
In general, I think that the larger electorate will accept the results, whatever they are.
The bigger concern for me is how will Trump react should the polls prove accurate?
Given his well-established vindictiveness, what should we expect if he ends up being fired?
Could be a dangerous few months.

^^^This

Old 10-19-2020, 08:43 AM

504 posts, read 441,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Trump is only "dangerous" to the deep state pukes who continue to lie to you and rip you off, year after year after year.

The crap is on both sides - both Dem and Rep - and they need to be exposed and tossed out.

NO ONE ELSE is doing that. Only Trump had the damn backbone to do it.

You vote Biden, we go right back to the GD deep state running things, lying to us, ripping us off, while they pad their bank accounts and laugh at all of us.

The media and Never Trumpers and Dems who are screeching about him, and making you believe it, ARE the problem, but some people are too dense to see it.

It isn't Trump that is the problem. It is all of the people he has been exposing. He came in, flipped on the lights, and the cockroaches are scurrying around, freaking out.

To hell with them. They need to go, and none of these other presidents has done a damn thing about it - they were ALL part of the problem.

There was no difference between "left" and "right" for decades - it was all a facade, because they were all in on it.

Deep down, you know this.

I don't care what Trump tweets, I don't care how he says things, I don't care if you think "normal" as we have known it, is sane.

We are to the point where government thinks it owns us, controls us, and that they don't "work for us". That's where we are right now. And that is the complete OPPOSITE of what their job is.

Stop falling for the BS. You're being lied to by a bunch of evil demons who don't care about you. They lie to you. They take your money.

You answer this for yourself: How the hell does someone go into politics and come out of it a millionaire when their salary is only $174,000 a year? HOW? That's the salary for Reps and Senators - $174,000 a year. The president's salary is $400,000 a year. How do you serve in Congress or the Senate for 2-6 years and become a fricken millionaire with that low salary? How do you serve 10 years and become a millionaire with that low salary? It's not because they "invested wisely".

I'll tell you how. By LYING to the people, by ripping the people off, by doing back door deals so that corporations get what they want at the expense of the American people.

Trump gets $1 a year. ONE DOLLAR! Do you know what he does with the rest of it? He donates it. What other president has done that? He isn't trying to accumulate wealth like all of these other useless piles of horse manure have done. He cannot be bought, and that just p*$$es the deep state right off.

When you're tired of it all, you'll figure it out.

Until then, keep cheerleading for the corruption - you're hurting yourself.

You covered it all! It's so sad that there's so many stupid people out there who have allowed themselves to become indoctrinated to believe otherwise.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:57 AM

4,716 posts, read 3,151,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I haven't yet seen a list of self-made celebrities who have promised to leave the USA if [fill in candidate of choice] wins.

From 2016 promises if candidate Trump won:

Amy Schumer

"My act will change because I'll need to learn to speak Spanish because I will move to Spain, or somewhere," the comedienne and cousin of Sen. Chuck Schumer said. "It's beyond my comprehension if Trump won. It's too crazy."

Bryan Cranston

"I would definitely move," the former "Breaking Bad" star said last month. "It's not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won't."

Lena Dunham

The "Girls" star told Bustle there's a "100 percent chance" she'd move to Vancouver if Trump wins.

Samuel L. Jackson

"If that motherf---er becomes president, I’m moving my black a-- to South Africa," the actor told Jimmy Kimmel.

Barbra Streisand

"I'm either coming to your country, if you'll let me in, or Canada," she told the Australian edition of "60 Minutes."

Miley Cyrus

"My heart is broken into a 100000 pieces," she wrote on Instagram. "I am moving if this is my president! I don't say things I don't mean!"
And all these people have the means to actually do it. Based on the number of ex-pats scattered around the world, I expect the number of regular folks that would actually GO if they could far exceeds the mouthy 'celebrities'. Regular folks from both both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies