Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:57 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is a huge group of people who simply want to be left alone to live their lives as they see fit and who also wish to let others do the same. They don't want others running their lives and telling them what to do and how to think, and they certainly do not want the government doing that either. Unfortunately, with the nature of the modern left, it seems that is not a possibility anymore. The left wants it their way, which is okay, but the problem is they want it their way for everyone. That is not okay. That is called oppression and/or enslavement and/or tyranny.

Many, or even most, of the above referenced group will not accept oppression and will only accept individual liberty as per the founding documents of this nation. If you on the left would have simply left these people alone and let them live their own lives (no matter how "-ism" you think that lifestyle involves), there would not be a problem today. But since you can't do that because that's how authoritarians are, here we are. Unfortunately, you have been too stupid to figure out that if you back a cougar into a corner, it will at some point fight its way out or die in the attempt.
Uh, and you think the Right doesn't want it their way for everyone??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
And there's no way to split in two.

There's really only one option left. There might be a way to avoid it, for a little while longer, but I surely cannot see how. I think we have arrived at the end game.

The left has already shown their propensity for violence, as well as their seeming lust for it at this point.

I have no idea what is going to happen. I'm only pretty certain it isn't going to be good.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

CN
It's ridiculous how some keep expressing that those on the left are the violent troublemakers.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:18 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I need Trump supporters to wake up and realize the tremendous damage Trump (and his voters) have done to our nation. Trump is an EVIL PERSON. You people should be ashamed of yourselves for being so selfish.
Trump is only "dangerous" to the deep state pukes who continue to lie to you and rip you off, year after year after year.

The crap is on both sides - both Dem and Rep - and they need to be exposed and tossed out.

NO ONE ELSE is doing that. Only Trump had the damn backbone to do it.

You vote Biden, we go right back to the GD deep state running things, lying to us, ripping us off, while they pad their bank accounts and laugh at all of us.

The media and Never Trumpers and Dems who are screeching about him, and making you believe it, ARE the problem, but some people are too dense to see it.

It isn't Trump that is the problem. It is all of the people he has been exposing. He came in, flipped on the lights, and the cockroaches are scurrying around, freaking out.

To hell with them. They need to go, and none of these other presidents has done a damn thing about it - they were ALL part of the problem.

There was no difference between "left" and "right" for decades - it was all a facade, because they were all in on it.

Deep down, you know this.

I don't care what Trump tweets, I don't care how he says things, I don't care if you think "normal" as we have known it, is sane.

We are to the point where government thinks it owns us, controls us, and that they don't "work for us". That's where we are right now. And that is the complete OPPOSITE of what their job is.

Stop falling for the BS. You're being lied to by a bunch of evil demons who don't care about you. They lie to you. They take your money.

You answer this for yourself: How the hell does someone go into politics and come out of it a millionaire when their salary is only $174,000 a year? HOW? That's the salary for Reps and Senators - $174,000 a year. The president's salary is $400,000 a year. How do you serve in Congress or the Senate for 2-6 years and become a fricken millionaire with that low salary? How do you serve 10 years and become a millionaire with that low salary? It's not because they "invested wisely".

I'll tell you how. By LYING to the people, by ripping the people off, by doing back door deals so that corporations get what they want at the expense of the American people.

Trump gets $1 a year. ONE DOLLAR! Do you know what he does with the rest of it? He donates it. What other president has done that? He isn't trying to accumulate wealth like all of these other useless piles of horse manure have done. He cannot be bought, and that just p*$$es the deep state right off.

When you're tired of it all, you'll figure it out.

Until then, keep cheerleading for the corruption - you're hurting yourself.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And it wasn't Biden voters, either.

It was anarchists and thieves.
That's right. Why don't some people get this? Lots of misinformation and assumptions.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:38 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Just like Florida. Absentee ballots have to be requested. So what's your beef?

Despite the "nonpartisan Brennan center for Justice at the New York School of Law" (like I believe anything coming out of New York could be: A. non partisan, or B. non Corrupt). There have already been plenty of instances of inproprieties with finding stacks of ballots in dumpsters, multiple ballots mailed to the same addresses, etc. just for starters.

But of course you couldn't possibly see how that might be a problem, right?

CN
I have never requested a mail in ballot in my entire life. This year, I have received 4....FOUR mail in ballots.

You can bet there is some massive corruption going on.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:49 AM

4,845 posts, read 3,272,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If Biden wins (unlikely), there will be no "chaos", as conservatives are civilized.

If Trump wins (likely), the dems will riot, burn and loot.

Do we see a pattern here? Dems are increasingly "going Asiatic" and cannot live by the normal rules of a civilized society, resorting to violence as a matter of course when they do not get their political desires.
I might change that to 'less chaos'. It's gonna be a sh*tshow either way.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:57 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
If Trump loses, and if the past predicts the future, there will be militias bringing their big guns intimidate people and stop traffic, trying to kidnap officials, marching into statehouses to stop business, threatening the lives of anyone they don't like. And there will be Trump nuts shooting up churches, schools, and Walmarts, not to mention blowing up Federal buildings. The survivalists will be spending their savings laying in supplies, and the gun stores will be sold out.
Indeed, political unrest is not at all unique to either the left or the right. The root cause on either side is sin. The Bible is very clear that God has appointed the powers that be (Romans 13:1), whatever their political leanings or agendas are. The Bible calls those who despise government and speak evil of dignities, "natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed" (2 Peter 2:12). This is because they don't have the love of God in them. They mind the things of this world, which are corrupt and fading away, and are not partakers of the rich, eternal, and incorruptible inheritance reserved for those who are in Christ Jesus. Therefore, they have no rest.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I have never requested a mail in ballot in my entire life. This year, I have received 4....FOUR mail in ballots.

You can bet there is some massive corruption going on.
That only happened in the Red States.

No, seriously, how in the world did that happen? Many have used absentee ballots for years, those who are disabled or cannot go to a Poll place...there is nothing wrong with them, are official and if something would not be right with as it is received back, it would be questioned.

Before all the baloney having been stirred up, to receive "multiple or fake ballots" or any other crazy voting falsehood, never used to surface. I frankly feel sorry for those who will be standing for hours to then have to fill out a lengthy ballot, because they believe it would otherwise be unofficial.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:39 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
It's ridiculous how some keep expressing that those on the left are the violent troublemakers.
Oh maybe Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis might have given people that idea and I doubt those causing havoc there are voting for Trump

Old 10-19-2020, 06:42 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
The thing that has to happen for the sanity we enjoyed in the past to come back, is for Americans to trust their institutions again. Whether it’s the CDC, intelligence agencies, judges, or yes, even the news — once the trust in those is gone, people can (and will) believe anything put out there for them. This is how free societies fail; autocracies do not have this problem because the citizens are FORCED to listen to their institutions, they have no choice. In America that trust must be earned.

At least with Biden you’ll have a leader that won’t actively undermine those institutions. But don’t expect the other side to just start trusting them again. I don’t know how long it will take, and it probably will never be as it was pre-Trump. But maybe a little closer to sanity.
Didn’t trust them under Clinton on down to now, why would they be trust worthy now under Biden. Especially how he used his position to advance his son to a board in the Ukraine, who is making a lot of money. Biden is far more of a crook then Trump ever was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies