Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 10:49 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post

1. Getting people to live and let live again .
If you remember and go back to when Obama was elected and the republicans lost, there was no issue. No riots, no looting, no burning and no real issues.

When Trump got elected:

1. The left called everyone that voted for Trump " a racist!". How do you walk that back?
2. The left rioted.
3. The racial divide in our country is at 1960's levels if not worse due to the left using it for their political gain. How do you fix that? The left would have to apologies. Good luck.
4. They impeached Trump for no real reason.
5. Russian collusion.
6. Ukraine

How do you walk back what the left has done to our country? Seriously? I was a registered democrat all my life. I left that party due to mostly how the left hates white people, destroys our history, attacks the hard working laborers, takes down statues of our very difficult history as if it is nothing and the list goes on and on. The left has been pure poison since Trump got elected fighting him on every turn. They are bullying us and I don't think that will ever really be fixed. The right didn't riot and go nuts! You can't focus on some tiny group like the KKK to offset how the left as a whole has been acting. It is like one big temper tantrum from day one of his winning. How can we walk that back? Good luck!

Old 10-18-2020, 11:25 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Unbelievable you would say this. I have never seen such division in our country which our president promotes. And please educate yourself to learn about white supremacy. Good grief.
[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The division started or restarted under Obama/Biden. The Democratic party has been causing division at least since the 1960s, but they really ramped up during and since Obama.
The only "success" Obama achieved during his otherwise failed eight year presidency was his deliberate division of Caucasian and black Americans. It was the main focus of his presidency, and his only success. Everything else he did was an abject failure. He'll be remembered as the first mixed race president who set out to divide America along racial lines. He squandered an opportunity to bring us together. That IS his legacy.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:30 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Ronald Reagan's opponents were the same way. You could go back to Nixon and his opponents and so on. Poltitics has always been somewhat divisive. I'm talking about the real divisiveness, identity politics and division based on immutable characteristics like race, critical race theory, attacking the police, individuals and the voters, the legitimacy of the country itself etc. That, started or was made common practice under Obama.
Crush the Democrats at the ballot box. Their promotion of anti-Americanism (and it is patriotism that unites us) and racial divisions IS the problem. If they get beat, they will change. They went from McGovern and all the hatred to a Jimmy Carter and won in 1976.

Then the Republicans need to nominate a kinder, gentler candidate in 2024 to succeed President Trump.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:35 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It al starts by getting rid of the divisive Donald Trump.
That would make it worse. It would validate the insanity of the left that has been going on the last 4 years.
The Trump personality will move on in 2025. The Democrats are trying to make their divisive policies law and trying to control the media and schools and large corporations to enforce it.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:37 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Both sides are guilty of the following:
  • divisive outrage machine
  • dark money
  • gerrymandering
  • never-ending campaign/election cycle
  • hypocrisy
Wash, rinse, repeat.
Term limits would help. Then you get rid of most of the professional politicians. You get people who live with the rest of us making a living, instead of living inside the Beltway in their bizarre bubbles where life revolves around politics and winning at all costs.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:46 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Crush the Democrats at the ballot box. Their promotion of anti-Americanism (and it is patriotism that unites us) and racial divisions IS the problem. If they get beat, they will change. They went from McGovern and all the hatred to a Jimmy Carter and won in 1976.

Then the Republicans need to nominate a kinder, gentler candidate in 2024 to succeed President Trump.
Rand Paul for President 2024!

Old 10-18-2020, 11:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
Since this is a subject I'm rather passionate about , I thought I'd get around to finally jotting down my main ideas regarding it , as well as reading the opinions of others on this forum concerning it to boot .

So without further ado here they are :

1. Getting people to live and let live again .

One of the main problems with present day American politics and society is ( IMHO ) the tendency for so many people to get up in each others faces/confront each other when they disagree ...

Instead the focus should be on doing what you like , while letting others do what you like , naturally within the boundaries of legality/natural rights .

I seriously think that prominent influencer type people should start a challenge that could be called the " Go do something you like when you get upset about something concerning American politics/society " challenge , which would literally consist of the participants promptly going off to do something they like when coming across something upsetting in relation to American politics/society for a month or so .

If we have no shave Novembers and such , then I really don't see why we shouldn't have a challenge like this .

2 . Hosting Political Rival Spectator Sport Matches .

I think having political opponents fight each other in the ring is much preferable to having them fight each other in the street , especially when non prominent people are concerned .

In short I'm not suggesting that there be a Biden versus Trump boxing match , on the contrary I think such matches should be organized for the nameless people who engage in the sort of sad street brawls we've seen so much of in the past four years or so .

It's very much agreed upon by experts that sports is a good way of releasing tension and FWIW this type of events hosting could extend all the way to volleyball matches as well .

Just imagine the idea of watching an Antifa versus Proud Boys volleyball match and tell me I'm not on to something .

3. Hosting All Are Welcome Type Festive Events .

This idea may seem very silly , but I think it could work out beautifully , especially as the not so gung ho rival elements of our society are concerned .

There have been far too many divisive political rallies that I think it's high time for an inclusive type Woodstock event once COVID ends .

4 . Allowing the Establishment of Voluntary Autonomous Zones .

I've gotten into that issue on several of my other threads , so I won't repeat it here , but suffice to say that those of us who really can't the thought of coexistence are very much ( IMHO ) better off living by themselves in their own little zones , since the alternative is too likely to lead to all sorts of undesirable things for this country as a whole .

Naturally the implementation of these proposals will have to wait till after the current situation with COVID ends , but I think they are pretty swell regardless .

Anyways what do y'all think could be done ?

P.S. While I understand the criticism of " These ideas aren't particularly well thought out/childish Lionel " , I must counter with the argument of most people not being overly intellectual/childish at heart .

In other words simple/childish solutions may very well be much more worthy of implementation , especially as far as societal related problems are concerned .
You want a real solution? Mandate everybody must marry or date someone other than his or her own race.

In two generations, the race issue would no longer be an issue.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:49 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Get rid of the media is the biggest one that keeps fanning the division flames.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:59 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:

Nope. They did that virtually every election before this one. The MSM will absolutely gut a "nice" conservative candidate. They will not treat a conservative candidate the same as a Democrat. They will lie, they will suppress the truth when it harms the Democrat. They will attack any Republican ruthlessly-as they did GWB, John McCain and Mitt Romney (who all were far from conservatives-just establishment Republicans.

I'm afraid it's going to take someone as thick-skinned and abrasive as Trump to deal with the MSM of this nation. And that's a sad thing to have to acknowledge.

Old 10-18-2020, 12:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Agree, if you vote for Kamala-Biden then you are voting for the media's and Democrat's division and have no one to blame but yourself.

Quote:
What like a Joni Ernst ? It depends most on their policies. I agree we need Trump's policies in a candidate with broader personality appeal like Reagan, an appeal so strong it can overcome the Democratic media. That's a tall order.

Really Trump and his policies were a godsend, and stupid voters want to throw it away because he doesn't present it in a sweet and pretty enough package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies