Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 09:54 PM

724 posts, read 504,632 times

Advertisements

Since this is a subject I'm rather passionate about , I thought I'd get around to finally jotting down my main ideas regarding it , as well as reading the opinions of others on this forum concerning it to boot .

So without further ado here they are :

1. Getting people to live and let live again .

One of the main problems with present day American politics and society is ( IMHO ) the tendency for so many people to get up in each others faces/confront each other when they disagree ...

Instead the focus should be on doing what you like , while letting others do what you like , naturally within the boundaries of legality/natural rights .

I seriously think that prominent influencer type people should start a challenge that could be called the " Go do something you like when you get upset about something concerning American politics/society " challenge , which would literally consist of the participants promptly going off to do something they like when coming across something upsetting in relation to American politics/society for a month or so .

If we have no shave Novembers and such , then I really don't see why we shouldn't have a challenge like this .

2 . Hosting Political Rival Spectator Sport Matches .

I think having political opponents fight each other in the ring is much preferable to having them fight each other in the street , especially when non prominent people are concerned .

In short I'm not suggesting that there be a Biden versus Trump boxing match , on the contrary I think such matches should be organized for the nameless people who engage in the sort of sad street brawls we've seen so much of in the past four years or so .

It's very much agreed upon by experts that sports is a good way of releasing tension and FWIW this type of events hosting could extend all the way to volleyball matches as well .

Just imagine the idea of watching an Antifa versus Proud Boys volleyball match and tell me I'm not on to something .

3. Hosting All Are Welcome Type Festive Events .

This idea may seem very silly , but I think it could work out beautifully , especially as the not so gung ho rival elements of our society are concerned .

There have been far too many divisive political rallies that I think it's high time for an inclusive type Woodstock event once COVID ends .

4 . Allowing the Establishment of Voluntary Autonomous Zones .

I've gotten into that issue on several of my other threads , so I won't repeat it here , but suffice to say that those of us who really can't the thought of coexistence are very much ( IMHO ) better off living by themselves in their own little zones , since the alternative is too likely to lead to all sorts of undesirable things for this country as a whole .

Naturally the implementation of these proposals will have to wait till after the current situation with COVID ends , but I think they are pretty swell regardless .

Anyways what do y'all think could be done ?

P.S. While I understand the criticism of " These ideas aren't particularly well thought out/childish Lionel " , I must counter with the argument of most people not being overly intellectual/childish at heart .

In other words simple/childish solutions may very well be much more worthy of implementation , especially as far as societal related problems are concerned .

Old 10-17-2020, 09:56 PM

254 posts, read 146,177 times
Stop funding education that indoctrinates the youth with Marxist ideology.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:59 PM

15,879 posts, read 6,346,191 times
I've always wanted to see the Christain right take on ISIS in the ring.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:27 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,832,025 times
Stop with the celebrities and MSM crucifying the right.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,888,661 times
When you have a President and Vice President nominee, probably going to be elected, and the Democratic party constantly running on and saying the country is racist and discriminating institutionally against non-whites, constantly calling for the condemnation of white supremacy (I'm not sure what that means but I think it is really just scapegoating), and the identity politics where everyone is a victim of the Christian American straight white male, we can start there. The Democratic party is the root of all the division.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Stop with the celebrities and MSM crucifying the right.
And education/academia, big tech and globalist corporations lol.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times
Do what Australia does and clean house. Out with the career politicians and in with new and fresh ideas.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:38 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
When you have a President and Vice President nominee, probably going to elected, and the Democratic party constantly running on and saying the country is racist and discriminating institutionally against non-whites, constantly calling for the condemnation of white supremacy (I'm not sure what that means but I think it is really just scapegoating), and the identity politics where everyone is a victim of the Christian American straight white male, we can start there. The Democratic party is the root of all the division.

Unbelievable you would say this. I have never seen such division in our country which our president promotes. And please educate yourself to learn about white supremacy. Good grief.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Unbelievable you would say this. I have never seen such division in our country which our president promotes. And please educate yourself to learn about white supremacy. Good grief.
The division started or restarted under Obama/Biden. The Democratic party has been causing division at least since the 1960s, but they really ramped up during and since Obama.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:42 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,832,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Obama was divider in chief. And his “wife” is out there making divisive comments as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies