Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 12:48 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,869,543 times

Advertisements

They are busy waiting in line to early vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 12:50 AM

2,450 posts, read 971,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
As someone who lives in a major city, it was never nearly as big of a deal as it was made out to be. Fox, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit just overplayed it. Don't trust everything the right wing media tells you.
Which major city might be.
I live in NYC and things were intense here for weeks
My Cousin lives in Manhattan and things are still lousy there.
A friend of mine lives in Portland, a gay musician who is as woke as they come and even he was like feet don't fail me now, I'm outta here. He moved to Idaho. His neighborhood n Portland was destroyed. Fires, riots, lootings, shootings, killings etc.

Old 10-19-2020, 12:51 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,947,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
They are busy waiting in line to early vote.
Patiently in line for a vote that Trump intends to disqualify.
USA politics is entertaining like Hollywood.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:03 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,947,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Which major city might be.
I live in NYC and things were intense here for weeks
My Cousin lives in Manhattan and things are still lousy there.
A friend of mine lives in Portland, a gay musician who is as woke as they come and even he was like feet don't fail me now, I'm outta here. He moved to Idaho. His neighborhood n Portland was destroyed. Fires, riots, lootings, shootings, killings etc.
Michelle Obama announced that democrat states could protest but should not riot - but she was not there when police deemed protests riots. Protestor rioters destroyed the natural history museum, statues, universities, restaurants and then? Is that what proud people looking to uphold individual rights do? Perhaps they should think first, before listening to others?

Old 10-19-2020, 07:10 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,914,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
From one major city dweller to another, nothing is according to media TV and social media influence.

My experience is based on livestream of protests that are eventually deemed riots by police, particularly after molotov cocktail tossing. My opinion is unrelated to reliance on main stream media reporting.

Think outside the box - move beyond evening news, president's twitter, mother's Facebook - think about live video of vandalism. Portland has banned and attacked live-streamers to hide their violence.

Let's distinguish been "YouTube" and "livestream" for a moment. We know that the difference is timeframe, right. Livestream is in the moment, like a live shooting in Ky, and YouTube is not live, likely edited footage.

Does honest mean being present and aware of evolving technologies, or whining that the news was wrong?
Being honest means not overinflating things. Let's distinguish between 'livestream' and actually experiencing something. You can easily pick and choose livestreams that only show the worst. That's my point. Take any major event, and you'll have protests in a major city. Hell, take a championship by any sports team and you'll have some violence and rioting in the streets. If all you do is look at that side of it, if all you do is look at livestreams that have a goal of trying to make things look violent, you'll think it's much worse than it is. Again, be careful of letting yourself be manipulated like this.

And portland banned livestreaming because it was done in a way that violated state law. Police can't record people unsuspecting of committing a crime. It's illegal for police to video people of a certain political belief for the purpose of identifying them. Let's just be on the same page about why police livestreaming was disallowed. It wasn't to hide violence. It was to protect people.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:14 AM

5,944 posts, read 2,867,675 times
Live streaming disallowed ,to protect the rioters.

ACLU strikes again.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:22 AM

6,614 posts, read 2,948,385 times
Just go to youtube. plenty of raw unedited footage there. Mostly still in the Portland area,..but Wisconsin too.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:24 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,023,478 times
Should just make a game out of it.Set up a statue and stake it out.When the mentally ill show up wack em and give prizes.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:32 PM

2,450 posts, read 971,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Michelle Obama announced that democrat states could protest but should not riot - but she was not there when police deemed protests riots. Protestor rioters destroyed the natural history museum, statues, universities, restaurants and then? Is that what proud people looking to uphold individual rights do? Perhaps they should think first, before listening to others?
These "protestors" are no better than the Taliban.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:31 AM

3,213 posts, read 1,600,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
These "protestors" are no better than the Taliban.
I’m surprised there aren’t any calls for demolishing Mt. Rushmore, like the giant Buddhas of Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies