Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2020, 01:25 PM

24,450 posts, read 9,315,996 times

Advertisements

Wow, very scary stuff, Biden will have his hands full over this 99% survival rate virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 01:42 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,149,534 times
The actual virus (in it's current configuration) is about the least of my concerns right now. First off, I don't trust the numbers of actual deaths that have been caused by COVID and secondly, the number of deaths of HEALTHY people between the ages of 1 and 75 is comically low.

What I do fear is we are all being played. I'm starting to think COVID is being used for a much more sinister plan. We all need to start getting comfortable with the term Global Reset. That term is popping up more and more often. Here's a good clip that gives basics about what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeykREAlYSg

We also need to understand that we are artificially being divided. It's the oldest trick in the book yet so few Americans see it. Don't take the bait. While all the "isms" are important, they are not enough to divide this nation in which brother hates other brother for having opposing views. Don't take the bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We as a nation are so caught up in the "divide game" that elite, corporate based owners of this world simply sneak in this Global Reset because nobody is paying attention. That's what they want!

So when do terms like Global Reset stop be "conspiracy theory" and one day become reality? As the video points out, the upcoming but delayed Davos Meeting which is attended by the World's biggest corporations and government talk about the Global Reset, why don't we as citizens? The answer is that we are so tied up in TDS, racism, sexism, blah blah blah, we have no bandwidth to think of other perils that may be lurking.

We need to learn to question everything! If you let mainstream media color your coloring book, you are being manipulated.

It's wise for those caught in the hatred vortex to occasionally look up now and then and do some critical thinking. These politicians Trump and Biden are just short term issues. Look deeper and farther into the future. I get it, most won't but if a more that can, the better.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:54 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...d-seattle.html
"Idaho hospitals near capacity, may send new coronavirus patients to Portland, Seattle"
yes, one of the "typical leftists" on this board already posted that.

I don't recall either of us saying "hospitalizations are fine everywhere". Someone said they were up dramatically, without evidence. We provided some evidence.

Perhaps you'd be interested in going back to similar "____ state hospitals NEAR/at capacity and MAY send patients"

some to google:

Montgomery AL
Houston
Texas
Oklahoma

Old 10-22-2020, 02:16 PM

1,231 posts, read 447,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
if you feel the need for a mask, a crucifix around your neck, some garlic etc. no one is stopping you, but there are no guarantees of a vaccine for Covid
Whatever you do never wear a mask and if you have surgery please tell your surgeon he doesn't need to wear one or wash his hands. Better yet make sure the surgeon is fresh out of a previous surgery and can get right to work on you. Also if you ever need to visit someone in the hospital or a nursing home and they require masks tell them you won't wear them and don't care about getting the patients sick. Also you don't ever need to wash your hands not even after you use the bathroom since handwashing infringes upon your freedoms.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This will never end as long as almost half the country continues to believe the virus is a hoax, even after Dear Glorious Leader himself came down with it.

I honestly think conservatives are enjoying this in a sadistic way. The bars and restaurants are closed. Live music isn't happening. Everything enjoyable in life is gone except for churches and Trump rallies. They can run around and act like the virus isn't real and even die from it but they are relishing in the suffering that is going on in this country right now.
I honestly think you're extraordinarily ignorant (in the classic definition), and you do nothing to change that impression.

please find a poll on "Is the virus itself a hoax?" so we can see this "almost half".

it is NOT the Republicans pushing for continued everyday inconvenience, economic constriction, and psychological malaise.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I was replying to this statement: "Hospitalizations are not "way up"."

Perhaps you'd like to take a look at this:https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-is-increasing
"Hospitalizations have surpassed 34,000, which is significantly below the 50,000-plus numbers posted in late July but an increase from the 31,000 recorded a week ago."

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-ho...5685ac522.html
"Coronavirus hospitalizations are increasing in 39 states, and are at or near their all-time peak in 16. . . The big picture: No state is anywhere near the worst-case situation of not having enough capacity to handle its COVID-19 outbreak. But rising hospitalization rates are a sign that things are getting worse, at a dangerous time, and a reminder that this virus can do serious harm."
I went to CDC and similar sources. You chose Axios and a health news aggregator. Read what I've bolded.

if 16 states had very little effect up until now, an increase in anything is obviously going to put them at or near a peak.

And go find the stories from those cities/states I mentioned - the ones that were posted AFTER the doomsday "they're out of beds!!!" had passed.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,676,529 times
Quote:
LOL! From the first link:
"A source familiar with the matter told Reuters the trial would have been suspended if the volunteer who died had received the COVID-19 vaccine, suggesting the person was part of the control group that was given a meningitis jab."

Anonymous source reporting gossip, and "suggesting" the person received a meningitis "jab".

Second link says even less:
"The BBC understands that the volunteer did not receive the vaccine. . . Only around half the volunteers in the trial are given the actual Oxford University Covid-19 vaccine. . . Neither the participants nor their families know which vaccine they are being given."

"Understands". How does the BBC "understand" this? From the same "source familiar with the matter"?

NOT
confirmed. Thanks.
Google is your friend. https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...-ii-trial.html

Old 10-22-2020, 02:31 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Whatever you do never wear a mask and if you have surgery please tell your surgeon he doesn't need to wear one or wash his hands. Better yet make sure the surgeon is fresh out of a previous surgery and can get right to work on you. Also if you ever need to visit someone in the hospital or a nursing home and they require masks tell them you won't wear them and don't care about getting the patients sick. Also you don't ever need to wash your hands not even after you use the bathroom since handwashing infringes upon your freedoms.
Well in no way are any of those scenarios the same as grocery shopping without a mask and/or catching Covid. But I get it, you're angry, anxious and not thinking clearly.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 10-22-2020 at 02:40 PM..

Old 10-22-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Surgeons don’t wear masks because they are trying to prevent viruses from passing from patient to doctor or vice versa. They are to prevent getting contaminated with the patient’s bodily fluids.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
The trial in Brazil had not even started in your article. Yes, it shows that the placebo is a meningitis vaccine. So does my second link, but I did not copy the sentence, since, unlike about 90% of the posters here on CD, I follow the rule about only three sentences being allowed. However, you could have taken the time to read it.

Your link says nothing about the volunteer in Brazil, since the Brazil trials did not happen when it was written. The guy died of Covid, according to one of my links.

I provided you with ample evidence. You clearly are choosing not to believe it in spite of all of it. Your choice. He got the placebo. The placebo was not saline, it was the meningitis vaccine according to all of the evidence. I’m sorry you don’t believe this to be true even though it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies