Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 07:59 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Very! He has called it since March.

The virology, epidemiology, public health group that I am in touch with communicates with Osterholm and his group regularly!
He actually called this a pandemic back in January when they confirmed human-human transfer. He went right over to 3M and said they should step up production of N95 masks. Very respected Epidemiologist at University of Minnesota, very honest and not afraid to say what he doesn't know.

Does an excellent weekly podcast.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...9/id1504360345

Quote:
On Jan. 20, just nine days after Chinese health authorities published the DNA sequence for a new coronavirus that had sickened dozens of people in China, Dr. Michael Osterholm, an epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota, wrote in an email: “I’m certain this will cause our next pandemic.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...emic.%E2%80%9D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 07:59 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
its very interesting. We were told two million dead as this thing started.

Then once infection vectors were better understood this guy predicted north of 480k dead in 7 months

Now on the back side we have 220k dead and we have been told that the President failed.

its kind of interesting how that works

Old 10-20-2020, 01:18 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Since March? He should have been right in January.

Even I was sounding the alarm here, in February, that this sh*t would crash the markets before it crashed the markets. By March, it doesn't take some genius to figure out our trajectory.

I will make a prediction. He will be wrong. Less people will die of Covid19 in November than they did in April.

I posted the Joe Rogan interview in March. That's what I was referring to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3UR...ature=youtu.be

Dr Osterholm spoke out in late Jan-Early Feb

https://www.thedailybeast.com/corona...ly-experts-say

Old 10-20-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Interestingly the death rate in the US is not cooperating with this prognosis.

The case rate has been rising since a low of 26,000/day on Sept 7. The death rate has been dropping since Aug 11 and is showing no signs of a reversal.

Thank God we are learning on the go with COVID. Treatment today is better than in August and infinitely better since the beginning of this plague

I was discussing the Pandemic and treatment options with a Pulmonologist friend and he described today vs March as better by a logarithmic number and climbing daily

So, yes, cases up and deaths down. Hospitalizations are increasing again but deaths are decreasing

Now, the kicker. We still have no idea as to long term effects. We have seen an increase in coronary and pulmonary conditions.

The COVID virus is a multi system invader

Old 10-20-2020, 05:08 PM

Default COVID-19 is at least 5 times deadlier than flu for hospitalized patients

This came out today:

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...-patients.html

Hospitalized COVID-19 patients were also at higher risk for 17 serious health complications, compared with flu patients.

Quote:
COVID-19 truly is more deadly than the flu — patients hospitalized with COVID-19 were five times more likely to die than those with the flu, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

What's more, the study found COVID-19 patients were at higher risk for 17 additional, serious health complications, including pneumonia, respiratory failure and blood clots, compared with flu patients. However, because the study only looked at hospitalized patients, it can't directly compare overall mortality rates between the two diseases.

Repeat after me: COVID19 is NOT THE FLU

Old 10-20-2020, 05:11 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
This came out today:

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...-patients.html

Hospitalized COVID-19 patients were also at higher risk for 17 serious health complications, compared with flu patients.

Repeat after me: COVID19 is NOT THE FLU
So....I still don't know a single person that has caught the bug......

Old 10-20-2020, 06:22 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
it will come your way eventually

Old 10-20-2020, 06:23 PM
bu2

24,097 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Well we were on target for a record flu season back in January before the virus hit.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:25 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
it will come your way eventually
had it once, passed the antibody test and everything......When they wanted more blood for testing I asked how much they would pay....... I told them to get a bigger checkbook............

Old 10-20-2020, 06:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
There is some concern when we look back and see that we were a week or two behind Europe and they are surging now.

I thought we wouldn't see anything until after Thanksgiving.

It's too hard to ask everyone to stay home............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies