Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 04:48 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,140,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
Regardless of which side you are on, I think it is pretty safe to say that we are in for a really rough ride over the next few months. There is no scenario I can imagine where there will be no violence.

Trump wins in a landslide = Burn, Loot and Murder
Trump wins in a close election = Burn, Loot and Murder
Biden wins in a close election = Burn, Loot and Murder
Biden wins in a landslide = Burn, Loot and Murder

I don't see Trump or Biden conceding. This disaster kicks off on November 3rd, but we will be dealing with this into January easy. Probably longer.

I hope everyone is ready. I definitely don't recommend being in a large liberal city, but the crap is going to hit the fan all over the country.
Certainly a possibility especially if Trump wins. Trump can't win a landslide, so take that possibility off the table. if Trump wins it will be close (probably best he can do is about as well as George W Bush did in 2004 when he won by about 3%) and yes, if he wins the leftist goons will be back out doing what they do.

If Biden wins I am not sure you will see rioting, but you might see stock market chaos especially if they decide to do some major lockdowns.

Either way - buckle up, it's going to be entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 04:52 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,140,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I choose optimism. Our system has been strained to the limit over the last couple of years. Still one of the great things about this country is that we accept the outcomes of our elections and trust our institutions to work. That trust has been put to the test, and I will be the first to admit that not every single member of the electorate fully accepted the 2016 results. But the vast majority did, whether they supported Trump or not. The optimist in me tells me that this is a moment where we can show that those mores are still strong in this country, and thsat whatever the outcome there will be a peacefukl transition into the nect term, whther it be a first term or a second term.
Really? We accept the outcome of elections?

I must have missed where Hillary Clinton accepted her loss 4 years ago.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:03 AM

29,032 posts, read 14,379,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The scenario doesn't matter, any rioting will be the same people regardless. There will just be more, at first, if Trump wins.

People like me are not going to destroy businesses and attack homes because our guy lost an election.
Pretty much the same way I feel.
The wife and I will continue to go to work, we've already been avoiding the city (Detroit) and we will just tighten the belt , and reduce some spending, just in case things turn for the worst. We already know our taxes will be going up, so , just preparing for that and whatever else heads our way.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:04 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,426,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
Regardless of which side you are on, I think it is pretty safe to say that we are in for a really rough ride over the next few months. There is no scenario I can imagine where there will be no violence.

Trump wins in a landslide = Burn, Loot and Murder
Trump wins in a close election = Burn, Loot and Murder
Biden wins in a close election = Burn, Loot and Murder
Biden wins in a landslide = Burn, Loot and Murder

I don't see Trump or Biden conceding. This disaster kicks off on November 3rd, but we will be dealing with this into January easy. Probably longer.

I hope everyone is ready. I definitely don't recommend being in a large liberal city, but the crap is going to hit the fan all over the country.
Everyone vote for Joe, so they don't harm us.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:09 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,308,799 times
If Biden wins the cities won’t be touched. You may see another Charlottesville type of scenario and a few gun nut rednecks go postal, but that’s about it. I could see more protests and cities burning if Trump wins, however.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:15 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,703,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Well yeah, eventually they will find something else to riot about.

But they would be happy at least for a while if Biden won.
I don't disagree with your premise, however, I'm afraid you might be missing something there.

This is about so much more for the left, than just a Biden win. The next time the dem/communists win, they will make certain they can never "lose" again.

They will riot, in an attempt to shift the blame for it to the right, giving them a fake "moral high ground" to purge the right from existence. They are organized and they have a plan. Total dominance, one way or the other. This is their revolution, and they will win it, if they take resistance, or not. (at least that is their attitude)

They have begun their violence before the election, they intend to ramp it up after it has come and gone.......mark my words.

CN

Old 10-20-2020, 07:56 AM

301 posts, read 182,199 times
Regardless of who wins, or by how much, the violence is going to get a lot worse. I would just be prepared and take care of yourself and your family. Expect the worst, but hope for the best.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:20 AM

18,138 posts, read 15,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
There will be zero violence if Biden wins.
I vehemently disagree. If Trump wins riots and such are a gimme from the left. But if Biden wins those same people who would perpetuate violence and mayhem will take that as a license to go on a purge.

Bolshevik style hammering of political opposition. Ah yes they know who you are. Either way a huge number of folks are fed up with this communist style bilge.

It will be open season on ANTIFA type varmints. I'm truly praying things stay at least manageable on the orderly scale. But if they dont no matter the why I've got my bases covered.

It'll be out of here and back to my real home. Where I have room, people that have my back and i have their's, and nobody tells us how to live or what to think. The latter being my biggest heartburn with leftists.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:24 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,121,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I choose optimism. Our system has been strained to the limit over the last couple of years. Still one of the great things about this country is that we accept the outcomes of our elections and trust our institutions to work. That trust has been put to the test, and I will be the first to admit that not every single member of the electorate fully accepted the 2016 results. But the vast majority did, whether they supported Trump or not. The optimist in me tells me that this is a moment where we can show that those mores are still strong in this country, and that whatever the outcome there will be a peaceful transition into the next term, whether it be a first term or a second term.
Polling numbers on Trump approval say differently.

When 30%+ say he was doing a bad job on the economy - with record low unemployment for all but especially minorities, real wage gains for all but especially minorities, tax cuts for all, but especially those making under $120K (75% of people) - then you know they refused to accept or support in any way.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:26 AM

23,612 posts, read 23,924,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The tilt toward Biden recently and the real possibility of a landslide victory for Biden (+10 popular)
Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies