Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 09:50 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
Regardless of which side you are on, I think it is pretty safe to say that we are in for a really rough ride over the next few months. There is no scenario I can imagine where there will be no violence.

Trump wins in a landslide = Burn, Loot and Murder
Trump wins in a close election = Burn, Loot and Murder
Biden wins in a close election = Burn, Loot and Murder
Biden wins in a landslide = Burn, Loot and Murder

I don't see Trump or Biden conceding. This disaster kicks off on November 3rd, but we will be dealing with this into January easy. Probably longer.

I hope everyone is ready. I definitely don't recommend being in a large liberal city, but the crap is going to hit the fan all over the country.
Trumps voters will not Burn, loot and murder. We may be vocal, but won’t destroy property while throwing a temper tantrums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 09:55 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
There will be zero violence if Biden wins.

Well, there will probably be some downright nasty hissy fits in the White House.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:00 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
You mean I’ll finally get to use the stacks of gold bullion I’ve been hoarding in my cellar?

Old 10-20-2020, 10:05 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Wait, what? republicans are going to burn, loot and murder?

Since when?

That's a democrat thing bro.

If Trump wins, prepare for it. Not the other way around.
Nah, they'll just bunker up on Federal land, kidnap a few governors, have their White is Right rallies, stuff like that.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:08 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
Quote:
Regardless of which side you are on, I think it is pretty safe to say that we are in for a really rough ride over the next few months. There is no scenario I can imagine where there will be no violence.

I don't see Trump or Biden conceding. This disaster kicks off on November 3rd, but we will be dealing with this into January easy. Probably longer.

I hope everyone is ready. I definitely don't recommend being in a large liberal city, but the crap is going to hit the fan all over the country.
i think you are being a little sensationalist but i do think the election results will be contested beyond the end of the year. A clean transition of power is not likely.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:16 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
after reading through this thread it appears the people voting for Biden or against Trump don't realize what they are doing to themselves. if Biden wins and the dems take control -- and you are in any kind of pension or retirement plan that must invest in US Bonds -- don't say you were not warned. if you work in any industry that can pick up and move due to higher tax rates - don't say you were not warned. if you are expecting freedom loving Americans to roll over and watch govt. get bigger - don't say you were not warned. if you are expecting prices for food, energy and necessities to remain at current levels - don't say you were not warned. if you are expecting people who abide by the laws to allow govt. to look the other way with select groups and career politicians - don't say you were not warned. Etc., etc.

it's not going back to normal. the dems gave that option up through their actions these last 4 years.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:21 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Not seeing it. Depends on what the event was that shifted it to Trump most likely.
It already shifted towards Trump. Come election day millions will go to the poles, having not taking a chance on dumpster voting.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:30 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Come election day millions will go to the poles...
Hopping on the pole is an interesting way for you to spend election day. To each their own.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:34 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:

I worried about this scenario for a minute, but I think:

If Biden loses big (doubtful), he'll concede
If it's close, the losing side (Biden or Trump) will litigate, just like 2000. It will eventually get resolved.
If Trump loses big, hopefully he'll concede, but if he doesn't, I think he won't have enough support to stay in office after losing. Sure, his base will make issues, but I don't think the military, GOP senators or others will stand beside him. Their already jumping ship pretty quickly.

In any case though, I think there will be burning and looting, but hopefully it will be brought under control fast. I don't think Trump will be able to stay in office if he's soundly defeated, even though he's hinted that he'll try.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:36 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Im more worried about these corporate executives going "Outsource crazy" or just laying people off like crazy and pocketing the change once Biden gets elected. These companies are what we really need to worry about. Not a bunch of goofballs on the street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies