Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:47 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisjusticeman View Post
emmm, i beg to differ, he was in camp ramadi, let us see, emm, i don't think he was doing community service or helping the elderly. he was there to enforce occupation and kill anyone who resists it. not a hero in my book. at best a young life wasted for a stupid war. the real heros to me are the young Iraqi children living in all this craziness.
He served his country and paid the price, that alone makes him a hero!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 01:24 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
The audacity of some people on these forums amazes me! You can be against the war but do not make disparaging remarks about a young man who served his country and ultimately died as a result of that service! You may not agree with what he did there but guess what? He was following orders and paid dearly for it. God bless him and his family! May he rest in peace......and may we not forget that our soldiers are only doing what is asked of them. Do not be disrespectful when we are living our normal lives while they are in a freaking desert far from their families and friends. The funny thing is that most of the people who are so vehemently against the war wouldn't have the balls to fight if called.

Don't be so surprised.

Don't tell me that you believe people when they say they support the troops while in the same breath go on to say how what they are doing is illegal and immoral.

Or how they say they support the troops while at the same time saying that they have murdered millions of innocent Iraqis.

Or how they say they support the troops while at the same time saying that Saddam's torture chambers have simply been reopened under new management.

Or how they say they support the troops while telling them that they cannot win.

Or how they say they support the troops while at the same time saying that they joined the military because they are too dumb to get civilian jobs.

Or how they say they support the troops but not their mission while conveniently ignoring the fact that there is no draft and that every single Soldier, Sailor, Airmen, and Marine signed up voluntarily to take part in the mission.

Or how they say they support the troops while at the same time protesting in front of, and trying to shut down, recruiting centers that are there for new volunteers.

Don't believe these people for one second when they say they support the troops while opposing every single thing they are doing.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
The military do NOT see themselves as heroes...unless they've never actually SERVED in the military, and are just making it up as they go along--impostors, posers, whatever you want to call them.

I have NO heroes. I don't look up to other people.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:46 PM

62 posts, read 97,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
How the hell do you know what he was doing there? You don't know. He served his country and died doing it but not before he started a charity as he was dying. That is heroism. He wasn't selfish and I am sure he wasn't so thrilled with being away from his loved ones here in the United States and would rather have not been sent to war, especially a war that has been and will be (and rightfully) questioned forever.

This country will miss the him and people like him before people like you.
haha, ok i guess he was there teaching little Iraqi kids how to golf, riiiiitttteee. No reason to get personal, all i'm saying is that this poor soul joined the army hoping to get his college education paid for. (might be a speculation, but a good one i would say).

Now despite the fact that he was just following orders, it does not make whatever he was doing in Iraq right. Im more inclined to feel bad for the civilians who had to die because of the actions of our glorouis army (actions that me as an american civilian will get the credit for and hence pay the consequence to).

As for all this crap about him being a hero and all, fine, he might be your hero, he sure isnt mine, and save me all this talk about he was defending my freedom and all. I don't remember Iraq was ever a threat to my freedom.

You made me laugh, trust me when i die, the last thing i would care for is if i would be missed by this country or not. thanks for making me smile though.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:17 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
He was in the Marines...try not to be so ignorant of the topic.

You might come across as....well ignorant.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:40 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,747 times
Quote:
haha, ok i guess he was there teaching little Iraqi kids how to golf, riiiiitttteee. No reason to get personal, all i'm saying is that this poor soul joined the army hoping to get his college education paid for. (might be a speculation, but a good one i would say).

No. He was probably teaching them how to reconstruct their country though. Either that or putting his efforts towards ridding the area of those that want to destroy them. Once again, you don't know why he joined the Marines and automatically jump to a conclusion about why without any proof. Even if he did join to get his college education paid for, I think it's the least we can do for those that serve. You want to play the speculation game, I'm in. I speculate that you are a Muslim who hates our military.

Now despite the fact that he was just following orders, it does not make whatever he was doing in Iraq right. Im more inclined to feel bad for the civilians who had to die because of the actions of our glorouis army (actions that me as an american civilian will get the credit for and hence pay the consequence to).

Doesn't make him wrong either. He joined the Marines to serve his country. He didn't join the Marines to go kill innocent people in Iraq which is what you are alluding too. You feel bad about the Iraqi civilians there's nothing wrong with that as I can guarantee you those that support the war do too. Oh, and the regime that we kicked out has killed many more of their own civilians than our actions did.

Not sure what you mean about "actions to you as an American civilian will get the credit for and hence pay the consequence to". How will you get "credit" and pay the "consequences"? Are you saying that you will be the victim of terrorism?

(Oh, and please capitalize the word American. You did capitalize the word Iraq. Why one and not the other?)

As for all this crap about him being a hero and all, fine, he might be your hero, he sure isnt mine, and save me all this talk about he was defending my freedom and all. I don't remember Iraq was ever a threat to my freedom.

Crap?? To you and other heartless self-centered people possibly. To real American citizens this isn't crap. He didn't join the Marines to be your hero. I would even bet he joined the Marines knowing people like you don't appreciate his efforts but that's ok because the majority of Americans do appreciate his efforts. Oh, and he was defending your freedom; not by fighting in Iraq, but by joining the Marines in the first place.

You made me laugh, trust me when i die, the last thing i would care for is if i would be missed by this country or not. thanks for making me smile though.
Glad I can make you laugh because your response made me laugh with all the misspelled words in your response. I guess I should realize that I am dealing with someone who needs to get a better education. Your handle worries me though; what kind of "justice" do you espouse?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:27 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,201 times
R.I.P. brother.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,738,314 times
I saw a piece on him last weekend. The definition of a True American Hero.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,027 times
Quote:
emmm, i beg to differ, he was in camp ramadi, let us see, emm, i don't think he was doing community service or helping the elderly. he was there to enforce occupation and kill anyone who resists it. not a hero in my book. at best a young life wasted for a stupid war. the real heros to me are the young Iraqi children living in all this craziness.
Well we know he fought for your right to spew your hateful unpatriotic clap trap.

Bless his heart.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:25 AM

62 posts, read 97,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Well we know he fought for your right to spew your hateful unpatriotic clap trap.

Bless his heart.
Not really, for all i remember, i was till able to do that before we attacked Iraq, during and after. So your point is?!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies