Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 04:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
No, they will deliver the baby, My granddaughter was a premie, my daughter almost stroked and had a swollen liver, it wasn’t safe for my daughter to deliver vaginal, they performed a c section, no reason to kill the baby. Viable is the baby is able to survive. I’m not for late term abortion at all.
You are describing a pregnancy with a baby healthy enough when the emergency happened a C section was necessary. That is not the same thing as a woman who discovered at the same gestation age as your granddaughter was severely malformed and would die in utero or soon after birth. The baby is wanted. The baby isn’t viable. Two different scenarios. Keep medical decisions between a woman and her doctor. The rest of us can myob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 04:34 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
I support birth control and adoption, there area lot of people who wants to adopt, I know a few families who are trying to adopt.
Please inform them we have over 300 thousand children in foster care eligible for adoption.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:37 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Please inform them we have over 300 thousand children in foster care eligible for adoption.

There are tens of thousands of children who are spending tonight in a group home, also known as an orphanage.

How does that happen when so many pro-lifers are claiming to care about children over what is best for their mothers? Shouldn't each and every one of these children have a stable and loving, even if temporary, home?

And yet we have a huge foster care family shortage in the US. So much for THOSE babies.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:37 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,236,654 times
Quote:
No, they will deliver the baby, My granddaughter was a premie, my daughter almost stroked and had a swollen liver, it wasn’t safe for my daughter to deliver vaginal, they performed a c section, no reason to kill the baby. Viable is the baby is able to survive. I’m not for late term abortion at all.
If you go up the thread, you'll see that the fetus was not viable. What is the alternative then?

Old 10-23-2020, 04:42 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
So stupid. The only "right" ostensibly being taken away is the right to kill an unborn baby in your womb up until the point of birth.

Any restriction on that is always screeched about as "losing women's rights".
That is the way I see it also. I think some of these women screaming about rights being taken away have NO IDEA what it was like for women in the 1950s or 20 years after that, so it has to be the abortion thing. I remember my mom and grandma in that time era, and I was put in a field in the Air Force that had only been open to women for 2 years and that was in 1975.

Actually, women in the 1950s had very few options for birth control, yet people like my mom and dad, and those of most of my school mates and all my relatives managed not to have all of these "unplanned" pregnancies. That is one thing I don't get, so many birth control options, Medicaid even covers them including I believe, at least in my state, sterilization, yet abortion is a necessity. Don't they know how they are getting pregnant? I thought they taught that in school now.

These whining women ought to be put in a time machine and go back into the 50s, and when they got, they would be kissing the ground beneath them!

Old 10-23-2020, 04:49 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That is the way I see it also. I think some of these women screaming about rights being taken away have NO IDEA what it was like for women in the 1950s or 20 years after that, so it has to be the abortion thing. I remember my mom and grandma in that time era, and I was put in a field in the Air Force that had only been open to women for 2 years and that was in 1975.

Actually, women in the 1950s had very few options for birth control, yet people like my mom and dad, and those of most of my school mates and all my relatives managed not to have all of these "unplanned" pregnancies. That is one thing I don't get, so many birth control options, Medicaid even covers them including I believe, at least in my state, sterilization, yet abortion is a necessity. Don't they know how they are getting pregnant? I thought they taught that in school now.

These whining women ought to be put in a time machine and go back into the 50s, and when they got, they would be kissing the ground beneath them!

What does the experience of women in the 50s have to do with today?

Why would I kiss the ground beneath women whose expectations for their lives and the realities of supporting oneself were entirely different than today?

That's silly.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:00 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Then you don’t do the fricken deed, condoms aren’t that expensive and neither is the pill, I say this when I was young and almost penniless. I didn’t want to get pregnant so as poor as I was, I took precautions. Jeez do we need to teach young people what causes babies.
Birth control has a significant failure rate, so the only option to totally avoid pregnancy is abstinence. Personally, I think it's a unreasonable to expect someone in a serious relationship with someone of the opposite sex to never sleep together when they're not prepared for a child, but even if you hold people to this standard, there are still women and girls who are not in full command of whether they have sex. Someone in an abusive or coercive relationship, someone being molested, someone who are raped, may not realistically be able to avoid being impregnated when they don't want it. I think the portion of pregnancies that come from these situations is probably fairly small in the developed world, but the possibility is there, and it looks very callous when someone in a position of privilege disregards this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I was looking over Kamala's stance on issues and it says she will use executive actions to try to do among other things, compel people with AR-15's to sell them to the feds. On the other hand she wants taxpayer funded abortions
[Citation needed.]

Quote:
There are anywhere from 650,000 to 900,000 abortions per year, and around 35,000 to 40,000 gun deaths per year, around half of those being suicides. A firearm has the potential to save lives of innocent people also. I need a logical justification and rationale for holding these positions...
It's simple - many people don't see a fetus, particularly an early fetus, as a person, and therefore don't see abortion as killing a person. You may disagree, but that is their viewpoint, so they don't hold a contradiction there.

Many of these people do consider abortion wrong or undesirable, but not on par with homicide. They may not consider abortion to be bad enough to merit illegality, or they may consider legal abortion a "lesser evil" than requiring all pregnancies be carried regardless of the pregnant person's wishes and needs.

Last edited by Frostnip; 10-23-2020 at 05:14 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 05:09 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
No.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:21 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
You are describing a pregnancy with a baby healthy enough when the emergency happened a C section was necessary. That is not the same thing as a woman who discovered at the same gestation age as your granddaughter was severely malformed and would die in utero or soon after birth. The baby is wanted. The baby isn’t viable. Two different scenarios. Keep medical decisions between a woman and her doctor. The rest of us can myob
I’m so sorry for your friend and I can’t even imagine the hell she has gone threw. The wording of abortion up to birth for any reason is what I’m against, people believing they aren’t a real human till they take a breath is what I was responding to.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:24 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Four young couples has applied to be foster parents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies