Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 06:46 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Terminate a fetus and a pregnancy, not kill an unborn baby.

Words have specific meanings, and laws matter.

Spend some time in a NICU. Or, if you're brave and haven't eaten yet... review some pictures of "fetuses" who have been aborted and left to die at "women's health clinics."

You can change the language to make what you're doing FEEL less bad, but that's just a lot of COPE on your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 08:34 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Yes.

No one is asking for your thoughts or anyone else's on the subject. Yet here you are...

Who has said that any medical condition, due to the maternal carrying the fetal, where the fetal could possible kill the maternal, should NOT be a reason to preserve the life of the maternal?

What exactly, is your point?
the poster I responded to wanted to know my reply. Which is why I responded isn’t that the point of CD?

Old 10-21-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Women are not worried about their rights being taken away. Some use the "gender card" when its to their advantage (mostly liberal women). Roe vs. Wade is never going away. The lib's just use that line that it could go away as a fear mongering technique to keep conservatives off the court. Come on! Get real. Today 55% of college grads are women, a huge % of doctors, lawyers, corp execs are women. NO womens rights or whatever are ever going away! And they all know it. This is all fear mongering by the left.
Is it fear mongering when gun rights advocates make a fuzz over gun regulations? Same thing. Some want to outright make illegal, regulate do anything possible to restrict.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We all have stories. My relative was carrying a dead baby. She wanted the baby. The hospital would not allow an abortion. She was told to let nature take its course. Her DH and mother took her to another town.

I was in the midst of a miscarriage. At that time, the hospital rule was any doctor had to have the concurrence of 2 other doctors before they could do a therapeutic abortion.

A friend wanted her tubes tied when her 3rd child was born. She wasn't old enough. You had to be 36 or have 4 kids in order to get your own tubes tied. She went to another state to get it done. Then she went to law school.

Is that where we are headed? Be careful what you wish for.
Exactly lots of women unfortunately have healthy pregnancy that have an emergency like the posters daughter we replied to. An emergency c section is an isolated unfortunate event in an otherwise fairly healthy pregnancy. Unlike the woman’s pregnancy late into it they discover this pregnancy, no matter what medical intervention is going to end in severe pain, emotional and physical as well as eventual death. How that woman handles her tragedy is none of my business

Old 10-21-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Spend some time in a NICU. Or, if you're brave and haven't eaten yet... review some pictures of "fetuses" who have been aborted and left to die at "women's health clinics."

You can change the language to make what you're doing FEEL less bad, but that's just a lot of COPE on your part.

Abortion terminates the pregnant there is magical fetus that survives the surgery only to be “left” to die later. There is not, never has been fetuses and aborted “babies” Left to die in women’s clinics. As you said language matters. Facts do as well.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:20 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Marriage is a patriarchy invention. Inheritance and all that. The woman and the community know the kids are hers. He just hopes they are his. That fidelity stuff is for property staying in the family. This country was settled by 2nd sons. They had money, but no land.

Yes it was a participial invention because all civilian societies were based upon the ability to enforce it. Fiefs did not serve their lords with pink haired protests. However the line initiated by patriarchy was still heavily invested in their noble women. They did not just turn it over to some male peasant. Aethelflaed was kind of important to say King Alfred. I am quite used to people who know nothing of history babbeling about it. Marriage was a family alliance. Do you honestly think the woman's family were not an interested party? Its idiotic to think otherwise.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:45 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Abortion terminates the pregnant there is magical fetus that survives the surgery only to be “left” to die later. There is not, never has been fetuses and aborted “babies” Left to die in women’s clinics. As you said language matters. Facts do as well.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo...0Testimony.pdf

Christ Hospital readily admitted babies there survived abortions. A spokesman told the Chicago
Sun-Times (article submitted with testimony) “between 10 percent and 20 percent” of aborted
babies “survive for short periods.”

From what I observed, it was not uncommon for a live aborted baby to linger for an hour or two
or even longer. One abortion survivor I was aware of lived for almost eight hours.

Of 16 babies Christ Hospital aborted during the year 2000, I four that I knew of were aborted
alive. Each of those babies – two boys and two girls – lived between 1-1/2 and 3 hours. One
baby was 28 weeks’ gestation – 7 months old – and weighed two pounds, seven ounces.

This is the 12th time I have been asked to testify regarding babies I knew about who were aborted
alive and left to die at Christ Hospital. I’ve testified not only on the federal level but also in
legislative committees in Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Christ Hospital has never
publicly refuted the incidents I describe in my testimony. It can’t.

A Support Associate told me about accidentally throwing a live aborted baby in the garbage who
had been left on the counter of the Soiled Utility Room wrapped in a disposable towel. When she
realized what she had done, she started going through the trash to find the baby, and the baby fell
out of the towel and on to the floor.

Read about what happens at your baby butcheries. So, like I said... if you choose to believe LIES because it dehumanizes what is going on and allows you to distance your politics from the reality of what happens every day, thousands of times per day in this country.... then you do you. But stop peddling COPE propaganda to young women.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo...0Testimony.pdf

Christ Hospital readily admitted babies there survived abortions. A spokesman told the Chicago
Sun-Times (article submitted with testimony) “between 10 percent and 20 percent” of aborted
babies “survive for short periods.”

From what I observed, it was not uncommon for a live aborted baby to linger for an hour or two
or even longer. One abortion survivor I was aware of lived for almost eight hours.

Of 16 babies Christ Hospital aborted during the year 2000, I four that I knew of were aborted
alive. Each of those babies – two boys and two girls – lived between 1-1/2 and 3 hours. One
baby was 28 weeks’ gestation – 7 months old – and weighed two pounds, seven ounces.

This is the 12th time I have been asked to testify regarding babies I knew about who were aborted
alive and left to die at Christ Hospital. I’ve testified not only on the federal level but also in
legislative committees in Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Christ Hospital has never
publicly refuted the incidents I describe in my testimony. It can’t.

A Support Associate told me about accidentally throwing a live aborted baby in the garbage who
had been left on the counter of the Soiled Utility Room wrapped in a disposable towel. When she
realized what she had done, she started going through the trash to find the baby, and the baby fell
out of the towel and on to the floor.

Read about what happens at your baby butcheries. So, like I said... if you choose to believe LIES because it dehumanizes what is going on and allows you to distance your politics from the reality of what happens every day, thousands of times per day in this country.... then you do you. But stop peddling COPE propaganda to young women.
Jill Stanek and her informative is 20 years old. As trump told Savannah just because Jill tells me it’s true doesn’t mean anything. The majority of abortion happens before 12 weeks the fetus doesn’t survive the procedure it doesn’t have even half formed organs. This is a bill designed by anti choice people to make illegal LTA.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:30 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yes it was a participial invention because all civilian societies were based upon the ability to enforce it. Fiefs did not serve their lords with pink haired protests. However the line initiated by patriarchy was still heavily invested in their noble women. They did not just turn it over to some male peasant. Aethelflaed was kind of important to say King Alfred. I am quite used to people who know nothing of history babbeling about it. Marriage was a family alliance. Do you honestly think the woman's family were not an interested party? Its idiotic to think otherwise.
Like i said, lineage of the offspring and keeping the wealth in the family. I never discussed the size of the families.

But I'll show my ignorance to the history teachers in the family. Perhaps they will enlighten me.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:49 AM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Women, are you really worried about your rights being taken away?

No. I don't consider abortion to be a "right".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies