Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 12:18 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Maybe it will be the year that people actually vote in significant numbers for a 3rd party candidate like Libertarian Jo Jorgensen. Not a chance of winning, but a good jump in numbers could help the two main parties realize that they are losing voters.
Didn't help in 1992. The Dems and the Republicans both went left.

Perot took 19% of the popular, and the Dems and Republicans doubled down on stupid.

Gore's loss is blamed on Nader, Hillary's on Jill Stein, etc. All 3rd party votes do for the two main parties is give them media cover for being total dolts.

Hillary was the worst "it's her turn" candidate ever, but a TON of Democrats blame Jill Stein, to this day, for Bad Orange Man beating the worst Democrat ever. If Stein would have gotten literally 3 votes, her presence in the race gives the DNC an excuse to double down on stupid. And the Republicans do the exact same thing when they lose. Find that 3rd party nobody and hang the loss on them.

Hell, you can't go a month on this forum without someone on the right still blaming Perot for a 37% popular vote total for GHWB that the entire year of 1992 was predicting to like 3 decimals of precision. In the last 6 months before the election, GHWB never topped 37% in any poll. Not one. And oh look, come election day, he got...drum roll...37%.

All Perot did for GHWB was shield him from a freaking landslide, but what did the RNC do with that loss? Blame the 3rd party, slide left on stuff the base already hated, alienate some more center voters and go with the worst "it's his turn" candidate ever in 1996, who would need John Kerry in 2004 to be even worse before he lost that title.

The two main parties don't learn anything. They run bigger scams, get deeper into thrall with the corporatists, and the whole country dies a little more. That's it, that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 12:19 PM

6,101 posts, read 2,723,766 times
I always wanted John Kasich to make it he seems like the best of both worlds former governor and moderate.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
As a former Democrat who does not recognize the Democrat Party today, I get the unsavory taste that Donald Trump leaves in your mouth. He is the least presidential person ever. I really didn't like Trump before the first election, and he is just embarrassing. On the other hand, the Biden family really is a criminal organization. Pop gets 50% of all money the family scams?

In any case, Americans get to choose between two really great choices. How the heck did we get here? Please try to avoid blaming one side or the other. Something is very wrong in the USA if these are our choices on election day. Are we witnessing the final days or Rome? Is this feeling that things will get better an illusion? Does it only get worse from here?

How the heck did America get here?

I don't know about other countries but the amount of lobby $$$ thrown at our lawmakers sure as hell don't seem to be helping. And I believe far too many who would make a good POTUS or Congressperson are too smart to want the jobs that that have become so adversarial.

Unless we can destroy the asinine two party system that wants us to believe there are only black or white (no, not a racial comment) sides in a Techni-Color world I think the "final days of Rome' may be an apt description.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:22 PM

1,434 posts, read 666,676 times
It says public schools get a fail in teaching history. American history especially but world history also. So many lessons there that have not been taught or learned.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:22 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I always wanted John Kasich to make it he seems like the best of both worlds former governor and moderate.
Says someone who clearly doesn't live in Ohio.

Kasich is the skeevier, more obviously narcissistic version of John McCain's school of RINO-ism. His policies are all glaring big government crony corporatist, hidden inside Dem identity politics, and every single appearance, speech, vote, etc is calculated for one goal and one goal alone - will it get him on TV more and will it pad his bank account.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:23 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,963,757 times
It says Trump is the obvious choice. Only a dumbazz couldn’t see that. By “dumbazz” I mean that literally.

Nothing personal. :-)

Last edited by Leona Valley; 10-20-2020 at 12:49 PM..

Old 10-20-2020, 12:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
As a former Democrat who does not recognize the Democrat Party today, I get the unsavory taste that Donald Trump leaves in your mouth. He is the least presidential person ever. I really didn't like Trump before the first election, and he is just embarrassing. On the other hand, the Biden family really is a criminal organization. Pop gets 50% of all money the family scams?
Good lord, what website indoctrinated you into believing that Joe Biden gets 50% of all money the family scams? Does the author of that website not know that if what Biden was doing was a crime, the FBI would have been all over it by now? After all, there has been a Republican as AG for nearly 4 years. Unlike Trump, Biden has released his tax forms.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
It says Trump is the obvious choice. Only a dumbazz couldn’t see that. By “dumbazz” I mean that literally.
One choice accepts pay for play and calls Americans racist. The other choice says Americans are great. Do I vote for the patriot or the Manchurian candidate? Hard to decide .

Old 10-20-2020, 12:41 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Remember when Dan Quayle not knowing how to spell potato was good enough reason for him not to be president? We should be like that again.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:54 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:

In any case, Americans get to choose between two really great choices. How the heck did we get here? Please try to avoid blaming one side or the other. Something is very wrong in the USA if these are our choices on election day. Are we witnessing the final days or Rome? Is this feeling that things will get better an illusion? Does it only get worse from here?

How the heck did America get here?
This is because the Republicans/Democrats deep states have sold us to vote:
1. Lesser of two evils.
2. And waste your vote AKA don't vote 3rd party.

They are also prevent any 3rd party from showing up on the ballet.

You don't have to like Trump but you have to admit he get things done. More importantly, his supporters love the USA. You can see American Flags wave in all their rally and events.

I don't know about the other side if there is any love for this great country. All I see is hate and destruction. I have not see a rally. For those with a few people show up and the media said a "rally", there is no one showing love for this great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies