Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 12:55 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
1. Paying guests aren’t “interlopers.”

2. You basically answered your own question (bolded).

3. It’s not “neighborly” to BARGE into something that isn’t yours uninvited.

4. I’m happy that you and I have different ideas of what being neighborly is.

1. The neighbors didn't know they were paying guests. Did you read the article, or were you too busy digging the race card out of your pocket?
2. You just contradicted yourself. Or you don't know what an interloper is.

3. Nobody said it was. Read.

4. I'm happy we do to, especially since you seem to be quite proud of not caring about your neighbors. Not sure when being selfish became a desirable characteristic.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
This. If we saw suspicious activity at any of our neighbor's homes (white and black included) we would call the police. It's the right thing to do. Grow a brain and communication with your neighbors when you might be doing something that would raise suspicion. It's not hard, even a text message is better than nothing.
The couple admitted to knowing that it’s an AirBNB rental.

You folks just keep skipping over that point.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:57 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Fun fact. 94% of all white/black interracial violent crime is black on white.
And that’s only what’s been reported.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
1. The neighbors didn't know they were paying guests. Did you read the article, or were you too busy digging the race card out of your pocket?
2. You just contradicted yourself. Or you don't know what an interloper is.

3. Nobody said it was. Read.

4. I'm happy we do to, especially since you seem to be quite proud of not caring about your neighbors. Not sure when being selfish became a desirable characteristic.
1. Yeah...DUUUUUH Sherlock. If you don’t know, then call the cops. You don’t just barge into an AirBNB property.

2. They KNEW it was an AirBNB.

3. Again, paying guests aren’t interlopers. You obviously don’t know yourself what that word means.

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
So, if you saw strangers in your neighbor's home while they clearly weren't there, you would just ignore it? I'm not saying I would barge in and confront the alleged interlopers, but I would probably call the police. I'd be seriously pissed if my neighbors saw people in my home when I was away and did nothing. I guess we have different ideas about what being neighborly means.
She said that she knows the owner of the house, why didn't she call them? Makes more sense than to walk into who knows what situation.

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
....and the result is interesting to say the least.

Nice. Don’t knock, just come on in and investigate. Gotta love it.

What really cracks me up is the arrogance of the wife...hands on her hips and all; talking to the guy as if he’s her child while maintaining her quite materialistic, Boss Momma posture over him. LMAO...shocked that she didn’t say “why are you here boy?”

Video in link

https://thegrio.com/2020/10/20/black...le-couple/amp/
Did they have a megaphone and demand a white power fist pump before they'd leave?

Quote:
The couple admitted to knowing that it’s an AirBNB property.

It doesn't say that in the article. Stop making crap up to fit your agenda.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
1. Yeah...DUUUUUH Sherlock. If you don’t know, then call the cops. You don’t just barge into an AirBNB property.

2. They KNEW it was an AirBNB.

3. Again, paying guests aren’t interlopers. You obviously don’t know yourself what that word means.

2. READ. THE. ARTICLE. You posted the link, at least read it. They did not know it was an AirBNB. They knew that it was for sale. Two very different things.
3. Again, until they found out - after entering the house - that they were paying guests, they were, in fact, interlopers.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
It doesn't say that in the article. Stop making crap up to fit your agenda.
Actually, the video did show them admitting they knew it was, but they thought they had stopped renting it out on AirBnB.

Bottom line is, these folks were wrong to just walk in. If they were nervous about someone messing around in a house that was unoccupied they should have called the cops, or even rang the doorbell. You don't open a door and walk in.

They were wrong.

Having said that, I saw nothing to suggest that it was a racial issue.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
She said that she knows the owner of the house, why didn't she call them? Makes more sense than to walk into who knows what situation.

Agree. In fact, I said in my first post that I wouldn't have barged in. Calling the owner or the police would have been a much better approach. None of which is the real issue. The real issue is why anyone would immediately assume racism was afoot when a neighbor thought it was odd that strangers were in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies