Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 06:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
anyone who reads anything from trunews or clicks or their links or believes their tinfoil hat nonsense is frankly, too stupid to be allowed internet access.
so you don't agree with this?

criminal qualities became disguised and excused with euphemisms: “Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Oh yeah that article hits the nail right on the head for the most part. I am well-aware of plutocratic global domination. This article's subject is part of that theme.
yep, in a plutocracy, the political system pays no more than lip-service to average people’s problems, I call it political poetry. Obama was good at political poetry. Plutocrats work to protect and grow the wealth of the already wealthy. People are aware of it but Trump is the first to go against the good ole boys club and that's why they hate, no despise him.

By this simple standard, we Americans today unquestionably live in a plutocracy.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:35 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
yep, in a plutocracy, the political system pays no more than lip-service to average people’s problems, I call it political poetry. Obama was good at political poetry. Plutocrats work to protect and grow the wealth of the already wealthy. People are aware of it but Trump is the first to go against the good ole boys club and that's why they hate, no despise him.

By this simple standard, we Americans today unquestionably live in a plutocracy.
Plutocracy is government by the wealthy. You elect a billionaire real estate developer as President and you think that is not plutocracy? Trump has done just what you said plutocrats do - grow the wealth of the wealthy.

But what does any of this have to do with political correctness? I agree with the OP: for the most part being PC is just being courteous. It’s not courteous to call someone the N word, or call a handicapped person a retard, or a homosexual a ***. An alien is from outer space; if immigrants don’t like to be called aliens, it is just courteous to use a different word.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:43 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
If we treat each other courteously there would be no need for arguments over being politically correct. Why "politically" is even in the phrase makes it even more confusing about what it really means.
Courtesy and political correctness are completely different things. Political correctness is an ideology in which people are ruthlessly punished for holding the "incorrect" political views.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:45 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Plutocracy is government by the wealthy. You elect a billionaire real estate developer as President and you think that is not plutocracy?
Of course, it's not plutocracy. Trump is not "the wealthy". He's like a king in the sense of being a wealthy man who stands up for the people (once in a while, at least), even if it's only so he can feel good about himself.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:50 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:

criminal qualities became disguised and excused with euphemisms: “Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good.
I disagree 100% that they are (regardless of the name) automatically something bad. Only an idiot would paint an entire segment of human race with one sweeping derogatory brush.

Unless you're discussing Trump supporters. THOSE people are brain dead morons who think game show hosts are leaders.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:54 AM

21,124 posts, read 19,707,707 times
“...since the 1900s”

I’m guessing you have never read a history book?

Old 10-21-2020, 01:02 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
“...since the 1900s”

I’m guessing you have never read a history book?

Well, then, what do you propose would be correct, in your opinion? Do you have something to educate me with? If you say I am wrong well then show me the correct answer as you view it.

I beleive there was a better time post-WWII in the 1950s (1900s) for morality, family-focus, prosperity.
Mind you I was not yet born in 1862 or 1776 so I cannot comment on how prosperous and moral society was then but I can bet it was backwards as compared to the 1900s especially with women's rights, standard of living, human rights..

Old 10-21-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Plutocracy is government by the wealthy. You elect a billionaire real estate developer as President and you think that is not plutocracy? Trump has done just what you said plutocrats do - grow the wealth of the wealthy.

But what does any of this have to do with political correctness? I agree with the OP: for the most part being PC is just being courteous. It’s not courteous to call someone the N word, or call a handicapped person a retard, or a homosexual a ***. An alien is from outer space; if immigrants don’t like to be called aliens, it is just courteous to use a different word.
Do women like to be called b*tch? Yet it is politically correct to refer to a women as my b*tch.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:41 PM
bu2

24,094 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:

It was the Wuhan virus allowed to spread worldwide by the Chinese Communists. It has also crossed over via illegal aliens crossing from Mexico. Mexico and south were settled by the Spanish and is therefore much poorer than the lands under English law north of the border. That's why the illegals cross.

And a user fee is really a tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies