Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ......
Social Issues 3 15.79%
Fiscal Issues 13 68.42%
Single-Issue 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 PM

652 posts, read 521,192 times

Advertisements

Where do you stand in your conservatism or liberalism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 08:37 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Supreme Court. All else pales in comparison.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:39 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
My voting has been pretty evenly split between conservative and democratic candidates over my lifetime. Currently, I want a return to normalcy. The past few years I've seen the country turn into a circus. This is serious, not a reality TV show. We need a real leader. I focus on what a candidate can practically do over the course of their elected term. That means things that WON'T change (abortion, for example, will never become illegal) are non-issues to me when voting, regardless of how I feel. Currently, we need to focus on policies that help the lower and middle classes. We need health care for everyone, and we need more safety nets for the lower classes, instead of for corporations. Additionally, we need a president who acts with respect and decency, and doesn't rile people up for his own gain. If we can move forward in those issues over the next few years, I'll be happy.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:41 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
There was a poll like this here a couple days ago. I remember saying something along the lines that economic growth these days is just about non-stop bailouts and never-ending bubbles in asset prices, thus I don't care about anything much anymore if we are not going to have sensible fiscal policy and are simply going to try to inflate away any economic contractions in an irresponsible manner. I suppose economic issues are both social and fiscal though. Perhaps they don't have any other choice.. it will be interesting to see what happens.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:26 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Guess all over. I mean environment is important. Also reforming campaign financing and rank choice voting is another. Lowering or doing away with personal taxes is another. Supporting the Constitution is another. Boosting the economy via tax prebates is another. Public healthcare. Legalize marijuana and decriminalized drugs is another. So all over the board.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:34 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,166 posts, read 13,455,286 times
The Democrats usually concentrate on Social Issues such as universal healthcare and increased welfare.

The Republicans concentrate on the economy and lower taxes, whilst the Dems just see the economy and taxes as a means to fund their social and environmental policies.

Both parties have their different views on single issues, such as gun laws and the environment.

However it should be noted that without a strong economy it is difficult to fund public spending on social issues and many single issues.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:52 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
My voting has been pretty evenly split between conservative and democratic candidates over my lifetime. Currently, I want a return to normalcy. The past few years I've seen the country turn into a circus. This is serious, not a reality TV show. We need a real leader. I focus on what a candidate can practically do over the course of their elected term. That means things that WON'T change (abortion, for example, will never become illegal) are non-issues to me when voting, regardless of how I feel. Currently, we need to focus on policies that help the lower and middle classes. We need health care for everyone, and we need more safety nets for the lower classes, instead of for corporations. Additionally, we need a president who acts with respect and decency, and doesn't rile people up for his own gain. If we can move forward in those issues over the next few years, I'll be happy.

Best job market since the 1960s is definitely good for the working poor.

Amnesty, effectively open borders, one-way ****ty trade deals, globalism and taxing away jobs is bad for working Americans.

Question: why should I trade in my very good health insurance provided by my employer, an international corporation, for a government-run system that will likely suck ass and cost taxpayers a lot of money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies