Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Psychology subforum is best to get the answers you seek

Is most likely as someone mentioned, a divorce looming, and did not want mother to have his kid.

But then why not just kill mother? You can make it look like a mugging gone wrong. The key is to burn your clothing, and bury weapon somewhere no one will ever find.
It's easier for the weak of body, soul, and mind to kill the child, same as with abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 01:57 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
To hurt someone else is a big reason why. Another is that they can't picture their children growing in the world with them or growing up in this world.

In the Goebbels case, they couldn't picture the children growing up in a world without Hitler; they were that committed to that ideal. I suppose it is also possible that given who the children were, being alive in the post WWII Germany world might have been very difficult.

This case?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Cooper_Harris
Admittedly, I don't think I was aware of this case, just found it with a key word search of "atlanta 2015 child murder car".

One thing I find "interesting" of that case is that the prosecution says the killer researched car deaths of children before the incident. Whether we do it as part of our credentials or for the curiousity such as this C-D thread, if any of us ever up as suspect, I think that might pretty will damn us.
I don’t remember all the details but there are a lot of other things besides him simply looking it up on the Internet

Old 10-21-2020, 02:05 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I didn’t put this in psychology because I don’t know that is where it belongs...

Our county recently had a father kill his very young son, while the mother was at work. It was definitely premeditated as he had an elaborate plan prior, that he facilitated using an unknowing friend. It ended as a murder/ suicide. The father shot the child, then himself.

What makes parents do this? Why don’t they just kill them selves and the leave the children to live? Is it to punish the other parent? Is the simple answer that they are just crazy? Do we have that many people walking around that are just plain nuts?

I can’t wrap my head around it. I don’t know what I would do, if my sons father hurt my son. It just makes me think that maybe it’s easier to parent alone, where only one parent or a responsible for the children and not at risk for the other parent to hurt them. I have raised my daughter without another parent and she has turned out amazing. I don’t have to worry that her other parent will kill her.

Why are these situations happening? What can be done to prevent them? Gun control is never the answer to republicans. I would assume the guns were purchased legally in this situation, as I haven’t heard differently.
Put me in the camp of anti-gun post: "Gun control is never the answer to republicans." Good try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Same reason women get abortions. The kid(s) are an inconvenience to them, and our society has very little respect for life.
In this case a 3 year old, but all too often it is a mother killing her baby right after birth. I do think this has something to do with abortion and probably television/video games desensitizing people to death.

Quote:
It may seem so but is he actually diagnosed?
So, you think psychopaths seek mental health services? Very unlikely.

Quote:
I can’t imagine feeling that way. My life has been anything but easy, but never have I thought it would be better for my children for me to be dead.

We do certainly need to improve treatment and diagnosing mental illness.
You can't force being diagnosed or treatment unless the person is in the "system". These people don't line up for services, as they don't see themselves as having anything wrong with them. Sociopaths and psychopaths believe they just fine the way they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Treatment? Antidepressants have been in use for seven decades and look how well they have eradicated depression!
Well, considering one of the side effects is suicide and that the rate of suicides is up...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not sure why you tie this to guns. These people are sick and violent and will kill their children by any means.

Abortion is not that simplistic. Women get abortions for various reasons, not just inconvenience. Abuse, life-threatening conditions, rape etc. All are reasons. Trying to equate the OP’s discussion regarding parents killing their young children to abortion in general is as absurd as tying this to gun control.
Not when it comes to being part of desensitizing people to ending a life. A man doesn't have the right to save the life of his unborn child does he? The woman makes that decision. As a woman, I can't see how any one can extinguish the life of their own child. Some parents are very adamant about not paying child support
or taking any responsibility for the child. Selfish is a big issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
People that love and reverence God do not do these kind of things.
I did not say religious because religion does not make a person Godly, it only gives an illusion of godliness.
People lack hope and love because they don't actually know what love is except fr the misdesignation used in what is called lovemking which is not love, it is lust.
Be honest and call it what it is in stead of lying about it.
Selfish people for their own pleasure have sex and a child is an unwanted result putting pressure in people that are too selfish to care and this responsibiity to the selfish hampers their lust. We have a lot of selfish people bread to be selfish in this modern society and it's not going to change so long as selfish people raise more selfish people.
Some people are just evil, so selfishness is a natural thing. Mental health cannot extinguish evil. More services for mental health? They are spending tons of money on it, but most of those people are happy the way they are, and many just need a friend to talk too.

Quote:
Having an Abortion is very different than a parent killing a 3 year old child, that is already loved. Certainly you do see the difference...
I think many mothers, including myself, kind of loved our babies even before they were born. I would no more have ended that life than my own. Abortion does desensitize people about life. It simply does. Imagine, you are the one that was aborted and thrown in the trash and you are looking down standing there with the 3 year old child - was your life worth less as an aborted baby than that of the 3 year old child?

Suggest OP consider talking with some sort of counselor on this. From this one incident among all the others, it seems to make OP frantic. Fathers do not normally kill their children, and neither do mothers. I never worried about either of my husbands killing the children. Of course, there was never violence in the home that would indicate that, and no drug or alcohol abuse. I suspect in this case, the father was getting even with the mother for one thing or another. Some people are just EVIL!

Old 10-21-2020, 02:05 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I don’t remember all the details but there are a lot of other things besides him simply looking it up on the Internet
I don't think "simply" is the word. Just saying that since death and murder methods are part of my knowledge base (and I have done a death investigation)......and then that we are probably a bit morbid curious if we are reading in this thread.......that someone researches the mechanisms of death should not be taken as that they are planning to do someone it.......just saying.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:40 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,501 times
It's funny how people are obsessed with protecting kids from "stranger danger," kidnappers and "pedos" lurking in every shadow and behind every tree.... when children are far more likely to be harmed by their own parents than just about anyone else.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:49 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Research the behaviors of humans (especially males), back to the beginning of recorded history. It's not an impressive show.

Get used to it...you will see these types of behaviors until the day you either stop watching TV, listening to others tell these stories or cease to exist.

Sadly these stories will never cease to exist.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:56 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Not when it comes to being part of desensitizing people to ending a life. A man doesn't have the right to save the life of his unborn child does he? The woman makes that decision. As a woman, I can't see how any one can extinguish the life of their own child. Some parents are very adamant about not paying child support or taking any responsibility for the child. Selfish is a big issue.
That’s some parents. However, as stated, women who are victims of abuse, rape, and who are dealing with life-threatening conditions are not desensitized. They are dealing with extremely difficult situations and often agonize over such decisions. But then, some people are desensitized to abuse, rape and life-threatening conditions and feel the need to control everyone else...which is borderline narcissist.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:11 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
I am not anti gun. I worked in ballistics for years. I am pro gun control, but that’s not the point. I want to know why parents kill their own children regardless of the weapon they use. As someone said cars have been used. Chris Watts strangled his children, I believe.
If it's not about the tool used to kill why are you screeching about gun control? BTW most kids are killed by abortion that doesn't involve a firearm.

Old 10-22-2020, 11:01 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Research the behaviors of humans (especially males), back to the beginning of recorded history. It's not an impressive show.

Get used to it...you will see these types of behaviors until the day you either stop watching TV, listening to others tell these stories or cease to exist.

Sadly these stories will never cease to exist.
It may be a bit more than that.

I was reading an excerpt of Forensic Pathology yesterday
https://www.amazon.com/Forensic-Path.../dp/B00UVACXJ0
and there was the section of the methods of people die through asphyxiation such as gagging. The text in the "book" said that is often through the blockage in the mouth moving further into the airway ..... despite what it shows on TV. That is, TV often shows us that gagging doesn't kill people but in reality, it can be quite the opposite.

So now we come to the deaths of young children where people don't realize just what it takes or how little it takes to mortally harm them. Such as in shaking, such as in putting something in their mouth to get them to stop crying (the section I was reading had a part where a pacifier was jammed into the mouth), such as other things they might do, be it unintentionally, negligently (such as oral sex rape), or intentionally.

Are they all like that? No, I am sure many had every intention to murder.....but there are so many cases of otherwise, too.

Old 10-22-2020, 11:45 AM

2,106 posts, read 977,306 times
Reading long time ago , a lot of children are taken from trailer parks , windows are often open at night because of no AC , neighbors dont see or hear a thing ,because illegals don’t want to get involved And most of them are that live in parks .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies