Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 07:14 AM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

UGH. I guess we are supposed to be outraged by this latest revelation over Trump and his taxes..?
Why can't people understand that before jumping into politics Trump was a business man with a world wide brand and as a result he had business dealings in foreign countries.

Trump had these dealings BEFORE he was in public office and that is preferable to Hunter and his dad getting rich WHILE Joe was an elected politician.

Trump makes his own way as a private citizen and is criticized and condemned but Biden and his family get rich off his position in public office and that is OK??

What a Bizarro world we live in.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:18 AM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times
Jesus Christ. Trump's yearly property taxes for Mar-A-Lago alone are more than that.

https://www.pbcgov.org/papa/Asps/Pro...34335000020390

Try again.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:01 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Funny. We had a guy to change the tax laws. It wasn't like he admitted "Hey, it isn't right that I pay more taxes to China than to America. But yeah, let's Make America Great again by paying more taxes to China."

I'd be furious if I was fooled so bad. And I'd be embarrassed if I cast another vote for the guy.

I won't lie, if I was rich id do everything I could to not pay americas taxes. honestly, can you blame them? something like 98% of Americans aren't pulling their weight and receive far more than they pay.

why should the 1% pay for the 99%? I do not agree, I am middle class, but I am still pissed those guys get screwed in taxes. I would move everything offshore to avoid paying for peoples welfare and benefits.

yeah poverty people, I dont support you single mothers with 10 kids living on welfare and housing assistance. useless sacks of people.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Two points
1) He paid 188,561 between 2013 and 2015. How much did he pay to the IRS in those years.

2) When you pay taxes to another country you may get a credit for those taxes.
"If you paid or accrued foreign taxes to a foreign country or U.S. possession and are subject to U.S. tax on the same income, you may be able to take either a credit "
I would think if someone was paying taxes to China , Trump would get rid of that tax credit. Aren't we suppose to curtailing all the interaction with China we can.

Oh wait -- no --- we are putting on a song and a dance about bad bad China while we are fiddling with China in the backroom.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:32 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Yes, it is pretty sad that liberals have put so many deductions, exemptions, rebates, exclusions, deferments, etc. into our tax code.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:38 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Make China Great Again

Donald Trump paid nearly $200,000 in taxes to China, report claims

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0-taxes-report

Donald Trump maintains a bank account in China where he pursued licensing deals for years, according to a report that could undermine the president’s election campaign claim that he is tough on Beijing.

Tax records reviewed by the New York Times showed a previously unreported bank account in China controlled by Trump International Hotels Management. The account paid $188,561 in taxes in China between 2013 and 2015 in connection to potential licensing deals, according the newspaper.

Earlier reporting by the Times showed he paid just $750 in US taxes in 2016 and 2017.
Trump is a businessman. He has interests all over the world. This really was never a secret.

Also "earlier reporting" had NOTHING to back it up. Seriously, read the articles more carefully and look for solid facts for best results. Also, another tip, Trump isn't doing his own taxes, he has professionals doing them. Tax computation for businesses like Trump has is not like what the regular citizen fills out. They can take deductions for business expenses and losses, and remember that Trump donated $400,000 which is also a deduction from his tax fill during the 2 referenced years.

Maybe present facts, and learn something about business taxes.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:41 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Why did he pay so much taxes to China? Because he hired no less than five companies to find ways to to business in China, which is one of the many reasons he is trying to hide is tax returns.

All the anti-China talk is noting but a projection.
how much more in taxes do you pay the feds beyond what you rightfully owe?

Old 10-21-2020, 08:43 AM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Hail King Donald.
He's taking his money to a commie country and making $

Old 10-21-2020, 08:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH. I guess we are supposed to be outraged by this latest revelation over Trump and his taxes..?
Why can't people understand that before jumping into politics Trump was a business man with a world wide brand and as a result he had business dealings in foreign countries.

Trump had these dealings BEFORE he was in public office and that is preferable to Hunter and his dad getting rich WHILE Joe was an elected politician.

Trump makes his own way as a private citizen and is criticized and condemned but Biden and his family get rich off his position in public office and that is OK??

What a Bizarro world we live in.
Oh dear -- you missed some of the finer details. Trump made more money in China in 2017 than he did in all the five years before.

Trump was President in 2017.

That's a small point you overlooked.

So here we go --justifying Trump bad mouthing doing business with China, while he's fiddling with China in the back room.

It is irony, hypocrisy.. blah blah blah

Old 10-21-2020, 08:51 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Make China Great Again

Donald Trump paid nearly $200,000 in taxes to China, report claims

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0-taxes-report

Donald Trump maintains a bank account in China where he pursued licensing deals for years, according to a report that could undermine the president’s election campaign claim that he is tough on Beijing.

Tax records reviewed by the New York Times showed a previously unreported bank account in China controlled by Trump International Hotels Management. The account paid $188,561 in taxes in China between 2013 and 2015 in connection to potential licensing deals, according the newspaper.

Earlier reporting by the Times showed he paid just $750 in US taxes in 2016 and 2017.
You are still 'confusing' income tax with other forms of taxes such as AMT, Cap Gains, Etc. I actually think you do know and are just attempting to spread more lies about Trump.

In Trump’s first two years in office, he filed for extensions for taxes on the prior years tax filing and paid estimated taxes on those. For 2016, he paid $1 million, according to the New York Times. The following year, Trump paid $4.2 million when he filed for an extension.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...lars-in-taxes/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies