Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 10:43 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

People in Minneapolis must be complete morons. It's called voting not suing, enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 10:44 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I’m not apologizing for anybody here. Things are tough for MPD right now. That is pretty obvious. And to be fair, things would not be this way if Derek Chauvin had not sat on George Floyd’s neck (or if a police officer hadn’t shot and killed Justine Diamond in 2017 or Jamar Clark in 2015, etc. etc.) The MPD has a history of incidents that have resulted in unnecessary deaths of residents it was sworn to protect. So to pretend that some accountability doesn’t rest on the police here is dishonest.
Yep, your Democrat controlled Police Dept with their Democrat Mayor and Police Chiefs are the problem.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:46 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we can do without the cops until the laws are changed and policies are change to stop them from being the biggest criminal gang in america
^ Notice how everyone who is anti-police doesn't live in bad neighborhoods or have to deal with criminals. But the world has a way of equalizing itself, keep getting rid of cops and see how fast it spreads to where you live. Nothing like getting punched in the face or stabbed to knock some common sense into you

Old 10-21-2020, 10:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
^ Notice how everyone who is anti-police doesn't live in bad neighborhoods or have to deal with criminals. But the world has a way of equalizing itself, keep getting rid of cops and see how fast it spreads to where you live. Nothing like getting punched in the face or stabbed to knock some common sense into you
we arent going to get rid of police anyway. if we do, then the locality should just respect the 2nd amendment.

but police arent going to ever give an inch voluntarily and so we should be willing to let them resign if that is what they do when it comes to changes which will hold them accountable when they break the law and violate peoples' rights.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:55 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Because the overwhelming truth is that police officers are falsely accused! Not only that you have politicians that dictate firing and discipline of officers. So yeah cops need protection as well!
I can understand that, everyone needs protection against false claims. Wouldn't properly used body cams provide the same to eliminate 'he said...she/he said'?

Old 10-21-2020, 10:58 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
People in Minneapolis must be complete morons. It's called voting not suing, enjoy.
Not all, but some did vote in a Jihadist for Congress so I would say Insane or Moronic

Old 10-21-2020, 11:01 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
I can understand that, everyone needs protection against false claims. Wouldn't properly used body cams provide the same to eliminate 'he said...she/he said'?
Yes they certainly help. BTW the vast majority of police officers welcome body cameras. For every incident that a cop gets in trouble because of body camera footage there are 100 others where it vindicates cops!

Old 10-21-2020, 11:22 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,932 times
Quote:
Yes they certainly help. BTW the vast majority of police officers welcome body cameras. For every incident that a cop gets in trouble because of body camera footage there are 100 others where it vindicates cops!
Yeah, those were my thoughts. What can be better than actual footage of events. So would I be wrong in considering body cams a fair replacement for police unions, or is there something I'm missing?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:24 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Yeah, those were my thoughts. What can be better than actual footage of events. So would I be wrong in considering body cams a fair replacement for police unions, or is there something I'm missing?
Yes you would still be wrong. Still tons of things that cops need protections from. Politicians and supervisors immediately come to mind!

Old 10-21-2020, 11:41 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Yes you would still be wrong. Still tons of things that cops need protections from. Politicians and supervisors immediately come to mind!
Plenty of companies function fine without labor unions. That is what an HR department and employment attorneys are for. Labor unions just get in the way. And as I recall it was police unions that pushed back at attempts to employ body cameras in a number of cities.

Examples:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gov...xas.html%3fAMP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wbu...-reform-update

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.del...amp/4470158002
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies