Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 07:52 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,799,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Exactly. Keep the narrative in context.

Has nothing to do with age, or gender. It has everything to do with being bullied by lying communist shills, misusing their position as a so called "journalist" to attack a sitting President of the United States.

CN
79 year old award-winning veteran journalist and writer Leslie Stahl is a "lying communist shill"?? Who knew?

Do share your sources for this remarkable bit of info. Curious minds want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 07:53 PM

1,766 posts, read 937,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
As I understand it, it was Trump who walked out, not the other way around.
True. All I’m saying is that she has to deal with the consequences of her actions and not complain about the fall out.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:56 PM

45,680 posts, read 23,802,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
True. All I’m saying is that she has to deal with the consequences of her actions and not complain about the fall out.
Consequences of what actions...you think she is 'hurt' by Trump's rants....

i don't think so.

So Trump's base loves when he acts like a middle school kid. But fence sitters independents aren't paying much attention to this stuff.

From what I understand he didn't 'walk out' he just refused to finish the portion of the interview with Pence.....That's too bad. It would have been good for Trump/Pence to seemingly be shown as an actual team -- not as two separate entities passing in the night.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:57 PM

2,774 posts, read 892,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Have to really wonder what Trump accomplished by walking out on the 78 year old 60 Minutes correspondent Leslie Stahl and later attacking her on twitter. Does he think this will help him change the narrative on the two very large voting blocs of WOMEN and SENIORS that he is losing?
He did the right thing. All Lessie wanted to do was gotchya questions. She is an unpleasant female, typical of most haters in the MSM.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:04 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,818,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
79 year old award-winning veteran journalist and writer Leslie Stahl is a "lying communist shill"?? Who knew?

Do share your sources for this remarkable bit of info. Curious minds want to know.
Please what do those awards mean? Obama won a Nobel Peace prize for breathing.

Veteran journalists can't have agendas? Well call be a doubting Thomas, because it seems to me, that every network out there is reporting agenda over substance or facts.

Journalists never lie? Especially veteran Journalists? Whoa, then what happened to Dan Rather that ended up getting him fired? True, if it happened today he would get an award for it.

I used to watch 60 minutes every Sunday. That was back when the team was somewhat reliable and had some integrity. I stopped watching in the Mid 2000's.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Sure, as long as Trump also deals with the consequences of his actions and doesn't complain about the fallout.

Not taking any bets.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Please what do those awards mean? Obama won a Nobel Peace prize for breathing.

Veteran journalists can't have agendas? Well call be a doubting Thomas, because it seems to me, that every network out there is reporting agenda over substance or facts.

Journalists never lie? Especially veteran Journalists? Whoa, then what happened to Dan Rather that ended up getting him fired? True, if it happened today he would get an award for it.

I used to watch 60 minutes every Sunday. That was back when the team was somewhat reliable and had some integrity. I stopped watching in the Mid 2000's.
But both Obama and Dan Rather are irrelevant to this discussion.

Squirrel!

Nice try...

Old 10-21-2020, 08:09 PM

4,086 posts, read 2,387,839 times
Leslie Stalh is doing exactly what the Founders intended a free press to do.

"To prohibit, therefore, the intent to excite those unfavorable sentiments against those who administer the Government, is equivalent to a prohibition of the actual excitement of them; and to prohibit the actual excitement of them is equivalent to a prohibition of discussions having that tendency and effect; which, again, is equivalent to a protection of those who administer the Government..." James Madison January 1800, Report on the Virginia Resolutions

https://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/foun...speechs24.html

Old 10-21-2020, 08:10 PM

12,583 posts, read 9,091,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No. Im a woman and sick of the media lies. I support Trump sticking up for himself against a corrupt media.
Agree. I'm not a woman but I am a senior. Leslie Stahl has been pretty nasty for years - I'm not sure why "journalists" think they have to be on the attack all the time.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:15 PM

1,766 posts, read 937,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Consequences of what actions...you think she is 'hurt' by Trump's rants....

i don't think so.

So Trump's base loves when he acts like a middle school kid. But fence sitters independents aren't paying much attention to this stuff.

From what I understand he didn't 'walk out' he just refused to finish the portion of the interview with Pence.....That's too bad. It would have been good for Trump/Pence to seemingly be shown as an actual team -- not as two separate entities passing in the night.
Then what exactly is the big deal? Why is anyone making anything out of this? My point being is just because she’s 79 doesn’t mean she should be cut any slack. If she wants to keep working as a journalist
then she has to deal with whatever comes her way. If she is ok with taking the heat so be it. But to use her age as some kind of crutch is wrong. Her age is irrelevant and should not factor in to anything.

Last edited by austinaggie; 10-21-2020 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies