Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 02:18 PM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
HELL NO. I dont support supporting disabled from birth people, they can find work to suit there needs. If a blind person can work in a place making tissues, then they can find work. Zero support from me on that. It should be against the law too.. when a woman finds out her child in the womb is like 100 brain dead, veggie. and yet they let her continue to have it, and then government supports it and her all their life.

get out of here with that nonsense. it should not even be a debate on the correct action.

I sound mean because I just dont support the notion of free handout living for anyone regardless of their status. work or starve. contribute or starve.
I supposed the liberals would say if abortion were more common, the cripples would never be allowed to be born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 02:21 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
Everyone should pay somthing. Even $1.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:27 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
It is. Im sorry but most people that have alot of wealth in this country DO NOT DESERVE it because generally it was attained through the following means:

1. Rich Daddy/Mommy inheritance=You didn't EARN IT. You were handed it
2. Overpaid athletes/celebrities or otherwise worthless overpaid people of those genres
3. Crooked corporate management playing games with people's lives & laying off thousands of workers only to give themselves inflated stock options and bonuses despite running the companies into the ground

Hell if I care these idiots get taxed up the wazoo.. Theres only so many yachts, homes, Ferraris etc. a human needs anyways. If you can't live the rest of your life with millions of dollars, you dont deserve money, you deserve lifelong inpatient counseling and drugs for your brain because you have a DAMN PROBLEM

Old 10-21-2020, 02:28 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. The top 1% are almost a Trillion dollars richer since the pandemic started. Theyve got easy mode turned on while everyone else struggles.

The richest people pay a lower rate then everyone else, while getting the most benefits. Its absurd to make them sound like victims.

So why do you get pissed off about how little they pay vs how MUCH you pay?

Tell me, why should any American pay a higher or lower percentage of their income in taxes than any other American?

Old 10-21-2020, 02:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Hopefully, you never become disabled yourself, or your parents, your children, etc. Thank God you are not in charge of such decisions. You really should have added say age 70 or so, just walking people off a cliff to make sure they don't end up using a tax supported system in our country, and surely drug addicts should get in that line also as they cost taxpayers a ton of money, and prisoners, put them in the line to walk off a cliff and pretty soon, you'll be in the line too!

I did find that amusing. When he learned how much taxes he was going to pay, it got his attention. But, the plus side is that helps get the information out there! A vote for Trump is a vote for Trump!

Yes, they have the mistaken notion that the rich will pay all the taxes for all the goodies that they want. Obviously, for being so "educated", math is not what they are "educated" in. Selfishness is expecting other to give one a guaranteed monthly income, pay off one's student debt (legal debt the student took on without duress), paying one's medical, paying one's child care bills, and the list is endless. Maybe they want those things, they take the risk and they put in the hours............... And, making illegal aliens legal so they qualify for the full array of public assistance goodies, plus I guess they would get that guaranteed monthly income. Yep, I am just sure "math" is not their thing. Also, we would need to find a way to keep the rich here when they are told their taxes will go up to support the goodie list. We are far, far away from being "rich", but I am also sick and tired of the lazy whiners!

you have great ideas. share them with your elected officials.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:29 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
It is. Im sorry but most people that have alot of wealth in this country DO NOT DESERVE it because generally it was attained through the following means:

1. Rich Daddy/Mommy inheritance=You didn't EARN IT. You were handed it
2. Overpaid athletes/celebrities or otherwise worthless overpaid people of those genres
3. Crooked corporate management playing games with people's lives & laying off thousands of workers only to give themselves inflated stock options and bonuses despite running the companies into the ground

Hell if I care these idiots get taxed up the wazoo.. Theres only so many yachts, homes, Ferraris etc. a human needs anyways

uhm if I was rich, and I want my child to have it, they deserve it for being my child.
nuff said.

you dont think they deserve it? get over yourself. just because you aren't their child doesn't mean they dont 110% deserve it. its called BIRTH RIGHT

You aren't entitled to ANY of my money because I am at a certain peak of wealth, or you think its unfair. contrary to your belief. the like 1% support 95% of Americans, that ISNT fair. I would rather have 50 yachts than give my money to non paying individuals.

if you had it your way, you'd take all my money so I cant even have a roof over my head to pay those who dont deserve, ie. not paying tax individuals.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:30 PM

490 posts, read 152,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Everyone should pay somthing. Even $1.
It's funny because most of the bitching about rich people not paying taxes is done by those 50% that don't pay or pay about 3%. I bet they wouldn't like a "fair" tax code.

Everyone pays 10%, no deductions, no loop holes nothing. A one sentence tax code. All citizens pay 10% of their income. Done, nice, neat and simple.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:30 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
uhm if I was rich, and I want my child to have it, they deserve it for being my child.
nuff said.

you dont think they deserve it? get over yourself. just because you aren't their child doesn't mean they dont 110% deserve it. its called BIRTH RIGHT

So you "deserve" millions/billions of dollars just happening to be born to wealthy parents? No you don't

Old 10-21-2020, 02:36 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
So you "deserve" millions/billions of dollars just happening to be born to wealthy parents? No you don't

if the Left put half the effort into trying to make something for themselves that they do into crying about how unfair life is, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Some people are born into wealth......

That's life.

Quit bawling about it and go out and create your own wealth.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:38 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,377 times
Quote:

Your a reader of Karl Marx aren’t you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies