Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 01:24 PM

301 posts, read 183,125 times

Advertisements

Except for my first election, when I voted for Reagan, I have voted Democrat my whole life, including two times for Obama. So how exactly does a life long Democrat start warming up to someone like Trump? It is an interesting phenomena, which finally consumed my 82 year old mother (also a life long Democrat).

It starts like this...

1. I can't stand Trump. If that ahole was the last person on earth I would not vote for him. He's a slimeball.

2. I agree with Trump about that issue, but he is still the biggest slimeball ever. No way I would vote for someone like that.

3. Yeah, I agree with him on that issue too. He might be the most unlikeable person on earth, but I do agree with him on some things. Still, no way in he!! I would ever vote for him.

4. to 10. Rinse and repeat.

11. Could I possibly be wrong about Trump???? I can't vote for Trump, can I?

12. I think Trump is right about just about everything, and the media keeps attacking him. Could it be that the people the media hate are actually the good guys? No fing way.

13. Trump is blasting the media as fake news, and going after everyone speaking out against him. At some point that behavior, no matter how unsavory it is, actually endears him to you. Because you understand that he is calling out the liars. Yeah, he is a total wildcard, tweets like a madman, but at the end of the day...

You start to realize that Trump, the man who you thought was a slimeball, was the rogue wave president who shined a light on the cockroaches that are destroying this country. It is at that point that you are fully onboard.

It really takes enough time for a person to realize that Trump, with all his flaws, might possibly be the only honest person in Washington. And that is mind blowing to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 01:26 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
I fail to see where most of Trump's positions align with "Democrat" positions, but you're obviously free to vote for anyone you'd like - so, congrats?

Old 10-21-2020, 01:28 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
How a life long Democrat warms up to Trump
Well, in the case of Stormy, I suspect it started with just a little itching, then she "warmed up", and then it became a full-blown "burning sensation".

The more important question is how do you stop the burning if you have contact with Trump.

ANSWER: Penicillin!

Old 10-21-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:

It really takes enough time for a person to realize that Trump, with all his flaws, might possibly be the only honest person in Washington. And that is mind blowing to think about.
If he's so honest, then why are there so many documented lies. I'm not talking about "poltical promises", I'm talking flat out lies, flip-flops, and broken promises.

He's told us that he has a healthcare plan, and given at least three specific dates that we'd see it. He has not delivered.
Same with his taxes: If you elect me, I'll release them. NOPE

He told us he doesn't know who Q-anon is. Either that is a lie, or he's not doing his job (but he's told us he is the best, so one of them has to be a lie)

Sorry dude, you are wrong. You might like his agenda, but honest, he is not.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:40 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
...It really takes enough time for a person to realize that Trump, with all his flaws, might possibly be the only honest person in Washington. And that is mind blowing to think about.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:41 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Except for my first election, when I voted for Reagan, I have voted Democrat my whole life, including two times for Obama. So how exactly does a life long Democrat start warming up to someone like Trump? It is an interesting phenomena, which finally consumed my 82 year old mother (also a life long Democrat).

It starts like this...

1. I can't stand Trump. If that ahole was the last person on earth I would not vote for him. He's a slimeball.

2. I agree with Trump about that issue, but he is still the biggest slimeball ever. No way I would vote for someone like that.

3. Yeah, I agree with him on that issue too. He might be the most unlikeable person on earth, but I do agree with him on some things. Still, no way in he!! I would ever vote for him.

4. to 10. Rinse and repeat.

11. Could I possibly be wrong about Trump???? I can't vote for Trump, can I?

12. I think Trump is right about just about everything, and the media keeps attacking him. Could it be that the people the media hate are actually the good guys? No fing way.

13. Trump is blasting the media as fake news, and going after everyone speaking out against him. At some point that behavior, no matter how unsavory it is, actually endears him to you. Because you understand that he is calling out the liars. Yeah, he is a total wildcard, tweets like a madman, but at the end of the day...

You start to realize that Trump, the man who you thought was a slimeball, was the rogue wave president who shined a light on the cockroaches that are destroying this country. It is at that point that you are fully onboard.

2) Antifa losers
a) Scream at you while you are trying to eat dinner
b) Burn down where your job is
c) Beat your crazy right wing uncle that you love despite him being a crazy right winger.

Note not voting for Trump but the path is potentially much shorter.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:43 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
I never thought being a "slimeball" was a bad thing anyway.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:43 PM

282 posts, read 113,300 times
Congrats, Robrelo...

I am also a new Trump voter. I voted LIB in 2016, but was happy to find the President more conservative and pro-liberty than I expected. I also don't care for much of his tweets and I facepalm often at the things he says, but who cares? Results are all that matter to me, and there is a long list of economic and foreign policy achievements.

The COVID thing?? Who knows if anyone would've handled it better. Its "novel" for a reason. I don't blame any leader for the outcomes of their COVID decisions; they're all doing their best to figure it out. Sweden is trying on thing and California the other. In the end, we will find out what was the right decision.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:54 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If he's so honest, then why are there so many documented lies. I'm not talking about "poltical promises", I'm talking flat out lies, flip-flops, and broken promises.

He's told us that he has a healthcare plan, and given at least three specific dates that we'd see it. He has not delivered.
Same with his taxes: If you elect me, I'll release them. NOPE

He told us he doesn't know who Q-anon is. Either that is a lie, or he's not doing his job (but he's told us he is the best, so one of them has to be a lie)

Sorry dude, you are wrong. You might like his agenda, but honest, he is not.
This.

Plus, I don't see how a "life long Democrat" warms up to a policy of separating young children from their parents and putting the kids into cages and ending up with more than 500 kids still in custody. Only now the Trump administration has lost track of their parents. We Democrats just love throwing children away. NOT!

And how does an actual Democrat warm up to a President who has admitted that he lied to the country about the severity of the Coronavirus, and to put the icing on the cake, this very same president wants to take away people's healthcare in the middle of a pandemic. Only the Supreme Court knows for sure how this will go and Trump has packed the Court with his very own toadies. Yep Democrats just hate the idea of people having access to reliable medical care.

Etc., etc., etc.

Just admit it, you love the idea of a swaggering idiot making a fool of himself and our Country with his crazy tweets and he comes off as a wildman because he has absolutely no idea of what he's doing not now, not from one day to the next - not ever.

Trump lies and lies and lies, and I think you are lying about being a Democrat. You don't have the faintest idea of what Democrats actually stand for.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSENGERTOASCHERON View Post
Congrats, Robrelo...

I voted LIB in 2016, but was happy to find the President more conservative and pro-liberty than I expected.
Trump is conservative?

He runs the highest deficit ever
He believes that Government should interfere with private business to benefit those who govern
He does not believe in, or respect the constitution
He does not believe or support the military
His actions in his personal life are not at all Godly

What part of him do you actually think is conservative? (or Pro-liberty for that matter, he's not that either)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies