Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who do you think won this final debate?
Trump 308 67.99%
Biden 145 32.01%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:36 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times

Advertisements

[quote=AZLiam;59483196]Sad; however, at the very end of article, "It's unclear where DeMarinis picked up the virus." Also, Slade "began quarantining after he had contact with someone who was positive at a church meeting." Again, Nacoma James - "was self-quarantining when teachers and students returned to the classroom" - no indication where or how he contracted covid.[/QUOTE

Sad. your logic...

Teachers dying from COVID..

Can't prove where they got it.

But, these same teachers could bring COVID to their students and the students could bring it home to their their families.

but,.. you're the expert. Like DJT. You just get these things. Don't know how. Maybe you should run for president!!

Old 10-23-2020, 03:43 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,146,663 times
[quote=World Citizen;59483248]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Sad; however, at the very end of article, "It's unclear where DeMarinis picked up the virus." Also, Slade "began quarantining after he had contact with someone who was positive at a church meeting." Again, Nacoma James - "was self-quarantining when teachers and students returned to the classroom" - no indication where or how he contracted covid.[/QUOTE

Sad. your logic...

Teachers dying from COVID..

Can't prove where they got it.

But, these same teachers could bring COVID to their students and the students could bring it home to their their families.

but,.. you're the expert. Like DJT. You just get these things. Don't know how. Maybe you should run for president!!
B U T, BUT, But, but they did't. Furthermore, they could bring COVID to the grocery store, CVS, bank, you name it.

Must be exhausting for you living in your hypothetical, unobservable reality. Sad.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
My SIL is an elementary school teacher...she was recently hospitalized w/ Covid...her school system is considering shutting down again. Just can't keep the schools from being infection hotzones

Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
No kidding. This is really what these arguments are about.
“I disagree with you therefore you’re evil” is what it amounts to.
Freedom of Speech (or Expression) means that the government cannot persecute you for what you say or censor you for what you say. The government did nothing of the sort.

Freedom of Expression is NOT Freedom from Consequence and the sooner some people learn to actua;ly read the documents they swear they love, the better we will all be.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:47 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I think that freedom of expression is a fundamental principle of our republic. If you don't like what someone is saying, ignore them. If what he says is truly as crazy as you seem to believe, then nobody will pay attention.

Every single individual has the right to make up their own mind about anything anyone wants to say. Disagreeing with that simple statement is as un-American as it gets.

I can't even believe that I have to say that the duly elected President of the United States, regardless of who it happens to be at the time, should be able to voice his or her opinion, unimpeded. Heck, don't you WANT transparency from your President, even if you don't like what he says?
Lies and misrepresentations from Trump are dangerous for anyone who believes him and goes out unprotected with Covid raging, not disappearing.

There are consequences to this kind of lying and they are about to happen.

And if you think this kind of immorality is ok with you, it says a lot about you.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:47 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Like when Biden answered Trumps statement that " we have to open schools, etc...we're learning to live with it..."

Biden's answer was true.

Don't worry teachers, not many of you will die. We're not learning to live with it. We're learning to die from it.
That's correct. Biden said if you don't vote in as president, we will pass the point of no returned on 2023. The world will end.

DNC should put AOC as the candidate. She does a lot better, she will give us 12 years from 2019, so it will be end of the world in 2031. At lease she will give herself some time to work out the problem.

Biden, with his 47 records of accomplish nothing, the world will end in 2023 with him.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:48 PM

828 posts, read 416,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Hes basically murdering people indirectly with comments like this. . He should have been removed a long time ago. COVID will be his downfall but if we would have removed him months ago, alot of people's lives would have been saved. too late now. We're knee deep in the mess this guy created
First are you really saying Libs would agree and do what Trump said even if 100% right.

Look at all the lives Trump saved. You just ignore the facts.

We do know back in March Biden did not even agree with Trump doing a Travel ban.

We also know we have 50 states and the states had the same info as Trump. And it was up to the state governor's on how each reacted to the virus.

And we know it resulted in Lib states having a death rate 40% higher. So we thank god Libs where not in charge of all states.

We also know the Libs said a vaccine in less than 3-5 years would be impossible.
Trump put it on the fast track. And who knows when but chances are not the 3 to 5 years from the liberals plan.

If Trump just had been a Liberal the media would be talking about what a great job he did.

Even now do you hear much about Bidens plan? He has even said he would not make even mask a federal mandate.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
[quote=AZLiam;59483309]
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

B U T, BUT, But, but they did't. Furthermore, they could bring COVID to the grocery store, CVS, bank, you name it.

Must be exhausting for you living in your hypothetical, unobservable reality. Sad.
Reading over some of your historical posts, I see you've posted a lot of sarcastic one liners... must give you a lot of satisfaction.

Have a nice day!

Old 10-23-2020, 03:52 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That's interesting. I speak with teachers across the country every single work day and I likely speak to more teachers each day than Joe Biden does. They do not give me the impressions that they are going to die from Covid now that they are working back in the classrooms. In fact, more often than not, I hear how happy they are to be back in the classrooms and how surprised they are at how disciplined the children are with wearing masks and social distancing.
I thought when schools opened here, cases would surge, but they have not at all. I watched a meeting about opening the schools online, and about 90% of the teachers wanted to be in the classroom, you know, those passionate about education. They are wearing masks, taking temps, etc., and it is working! They keep increasing face-time for the secondary kids, but the elementary have been 5 days a week since the first week of September. I have heard of only 1 teacher getting a positive COVID 19 test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Kind of like encouraging people to get out and go to theaters, parades, Chinatown etc....
That was fine with me if they wanted to follow the old bat's advice. I was just disgusted with her and her showing her fancy expensive ice cream when we couldn't even get a carton of milk or eggs where we lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
More like Trump is ignoring reality. Hoping COVID magically goes away.
Actually I have heard from the science that it will never go away as they suspect it will become like the other coronaviruses that circulate each year with symptoms like the common cold thus going unnoticed.

Time will tell, but I betting it will do the same as the others.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0407164949.htm

Until they get a test that is more than 30% accurate that actually gave a positive COVID 19 to a paw-paw, a goat and a papaya, who knows how many cases there actually were or how many people actually died of it.

People need to get out of the masks, especially children: https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress...OBDZhG-lscddEM

Old 10-23-2020, 03:57 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While I would not expect him to say anything unflattering about his dad, I'd bet dollars to donuts if he said anything uncomplimentary, you two and others would be repeating it like it was gospel.

As to being a cokehead, I assume you would be more interested in Hunter Biden's (another alleged cokehead) take on things, right?
I guess you would take the attitude that while Biden Jr. is a cokehead, at least he is our cokehead.

`
Cokehead Jr. said something unflattering about his alleged dad two weeks ago. (Sorry, I take nothing this family says at face value... I’d have to see the paternity tests for myself.) I didn’t repeat it then and I won’t now. It was pretty accurate though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies