Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 05:18 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,649,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No they wouldn’t. Maybe they’d have some humane restrictions, like not allowing a fully formed fetus to be pulled apart limb by limb at the 7-month point. If there’s a few states that ban it entirely, let Mama take a bus to the adjoining state and get it done there.

And before you loving leftists cry that Mama might be poor and can’t afford a bus ticket, you all can stop donating to Planned Parenthood and give to an “Abortion Travel Fund.” Believe me, there will be plenty of money available for women who can’t afford a $50 bus ticket and a $50 motel room.
Fact: abortion was illegal in Texas prior to Roe v Wade. Norma McCovey aka Roe lived in Texas, and had her unwanted pregnancy there. Hence the lawsuit that resulted in Roe v Wade

Old 10-22-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Libertarianism solves almost every American problem.

If people were allowed to starve and die AND allowed to purchase contraception efficiently and affordably with no restrictions then there would be no problems with poverty.

Both Democrats and Republicans have it wrong. My message to both:

Republicans: Keep Church and State separate
Democrats: Big Government and the Welfare State doesn't work.

Give people a time limit and total responsibility over their own health and welfare. Set a defined deadline for people.

"Welfare benefits will be terminated in 2030, indefinitely"

The birth rate would drop accordingly and as it should!

We should not be reproducing with the illusion that there are enough living wage jobs for all of these rugrats. Cut off the faucet and pass out birth control pills and condoms daily during the bridge period.

We need to take our country back from the sloth thinkers that cannot get over this false dichotomy and dog and pony show that is the two party system.

The real America is the frontier lifestyle, no help is on the way. Think fast and smart, do or die. No Church or Government required. People should invest in their own communities and homesteads as they please and are able.
Wow, your post is the most depressing thing I've read in a while. There's a reason that the majority of adherents of libertarianism are financially well off....

Old 10-22-2020, 05:25 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,140,782 times
All y'all pro birthers have forgotten about the Hyde Amendment.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:25 AM

2,915 posts, read 1,365,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
So just cull the underclass. So progressive of you....
Yeah, giving people the right to avoid a pregnancy that would put them in poverty = cull the underclass. So presumptive of you.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:46 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,532,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Yeah, giving people the right to avoid a pregnancy that would put them in poverty = cull the underclass. So presumptive of you.
haha nice try. You said that banning abortion will result in the child living in poverty and going to jail. You said that is a result that pro lifers won't face. Your position is that killing the child is better than more poor and criminals in society.

So yes, that is you saying that a cull of the underclass is preferable to increasing the underclass.

Scratch a "progressive", and you often find a dark soul.

Margaret Sanger would approve of your thinking!

Old 10-22-2020, 05:46 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,779,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wow, your post is the most depressing thing I've read in a while. There's a reason that the majority of adherents of libertarianism are financially well off....
I wonder if you realize what you just admitted to there....

Old 10-22-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I wonder if you realize what you just admitted to there....
I don't know what you're talking about. I just mentioned that most ardent libertarians are monetarily well off, because they have enough dough to use the private market to "solve" any problem they would have. The majority of us don't have that luxury

Old 10-22-2020, 06:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
What's the true end goal of banning abortion?
The GOP will never allow abortion to be banned, because it brings them millions of votes every election cycle. Banning abortion would make it practically impossible for them to win any future elections.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The GOP will never allow abortion to be banned, because it brings them millions of votes every election cycle. Banning abortion would make it practically impossible for them to win any future elections.
I hope you're right, but with all these semi bans that have occurred in red states AND the pubs trying to ram anti-choice Barrett down America's throat, I'm not so sure anymore...

Old 10-22-2020, 06:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,556,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Because official state and sanctioned support of the deliberate termination of a human life should never be acceptable. Would it ever have been acceptable to say "I don't like slavery and won't own a slave, but the government should stay out of it" or "I don't like what's happening in the concentration camps, but keep the government out of it!" No! We support the ban because we don't believe that murder and killing should ever be a part of codified law. And because we strongly support HUMAN rights for all. Injustice in the mother's womb is a threat to justice everywhere.

In abortion, a heartbeat stops. A life extinguished forever. If allowed to live, this human would go on to kindergarten, graduate high school, get married, etc. and is utterly robbed of that chance by an abortionist who has complete power while the unborn has none and cannot fight back. Let's be honest with ourselves: the main reason so many people support abortion is because they support the unfettered right for sex with anyone with no consequences. And if a baby has to be sacrificed on the altar of convenience, so be it. Utterly depraved thinking!

I've never heard it said better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies