Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2020, 07:23 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
People can... do what they want, but should be fully prepared for the consequences. Otherwise, perhaps find other things to do.
That makes two of you^

Any others willing to admit the truth of their real intentions?

sub

4,963 posts, read 3,757,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, apples to oranges, and I'm not going to dignify your post with a response
No, we're all apples and a human is a human.

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
There's a big difference. My parents planned my conception, were already married, and had the means to raise me.

So, your parents were responsible people. Good to know.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
People can... do what they want, but should be fully prepared for the consequences. Otherwise, perhaps find other things to do.

Pretty simple solution.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Pro lifers (a misnomer if I ever heard one) will tell you it's about protecting unborn fetuses, but that is not true, as they don't give two farts what happens to the unwanted children after they're born.

I posit that the real end game is using fascist means to reverse the sexual revolution of the 60s&70s, to put an end to extramarital recreational intercourse, as they most likely believe that if pregnancies can no longer be legally terminated, that women will wait until they're married to engage in intercourse.

I'd be interested to hear any rebuttals of my hypothesis...
I have no idea where some of you come from and how y7our brains work.

Abortion will not be banned - we don't live in the 1600's. It's like racism - we are not living in the 1800's. Society as a whole has advanced so much and while there will always be a small % of people who will disagree with certain aspects of society - there is no way they can change it unless society becomes mute ( like Portland / Seattle) and let's the small percentage have their way.

I'm prolife but feel there are certain instances where abortion is warranted - a woman should not have to bear a rapist's child, not all people can deal with a child that has severe disabilities - I'd rather see a fetus aborted than be thrown in the dumpster but there in raises another problem. I do not feel abortion should be used as birth control.

And yes - prolifers most certainly do care about the unborn. I don't think they are stupid enough to think that sex before marriage will change. I'm sure they hope people learn to take more responsibility for their actions and use the birth controls that we have now mitigate unwanted pregnancies.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:25 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Does the fact that a "fetus" is not capable of living outside the womb make it any less human?
By that same logic, an infant or toddler not capable of self-support and utterly dependent on someone else for food, clothing, shelter, etc., isn't a human. So why can't they also be killed at will if their mothers deem them an inconvenience?

Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
By that same logic, an infant or toddler not capable of self-support and utterly dependent on someone else for food, clothing, shelter, etc., isn't a human. So why can't they also be killed at will if their mothers deem them an inconvenience?
No one is going to answer a question this stupid^

Old 10-22-2020, 07:27 AM
sub

Quote:
That makes two of you^

Any others willing to admit the truth of their real intentions?
Seriously?
I have no intentions other than warn people that if they engage in certain activity they might get pregnant.
That's a pretty big deal and a huge responsibility.
Even if they decide to go for an abortion, they should know there might be hefty emotional baggage to carry around with them for the rest of their life.
It's all about educating people, because apparently we as a society are doing a very poor job of that.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I have no idea where some of you come from and how y7our brains work.

Abortion will not be banned - we don't live in the 1600's. It's like racism - we are not living in the 1800's. Society as a whole has advanced so much and while there will always be a small % of people who will disagree with certain aspects of society - there is no way they can change it unless society becomes mute ( like Portland / Seattle) and let's the small percentage have their way.

I'm prolife but feel there are certain instances where abortion is warranted - a woman should not have to bear a rapist's child, not all people can deal with a child that has severe disabilities - I'd rather see a fetus aborted than be thrown in the dumpster but there in raises another problem. I do not feel abortion should be used as birth control.

And yes - prolifers most certainly do care about the unborn. I don't think they are stupid enough to think that sex before marriage will change. I'm sure they hope people learn to take more responsibility for their actions and use the birth controls that we have now mitigate unwanted pregnancies.
Re read post #21

Old 10-22-2020, 07:29 AM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This argument makes them mad, but it's a very valid one to make.

Notice the non-response you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies