Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2020, 07:33 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
This argument makes them mad, but it's a very valid one to make.

Notice the non-response you get.
No response because it's stupid and off topic

Old 10-22-2020, 07:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Democrats aren't self supportive and are dependent on other people... Can we end them?

Yes, please.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Was she forced into this relationship? Did she not choose to be with this person? Consequences.
She shouldn't have had to "pay" for that. Your suggestion is evil. I believe in second chances, she's used hers wisely. She got her life together, and got a college education. None of that would have happened if things had gone as you would of wanted

Old 10-22-2020, 07:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_go_hawks View Post
It’s obvious you don’t actually know or interact with any pro-life women... The entire movement is literally about protecting unborn babies, and to say they do not care about the already born children is extremely ignorant.

They might disagree with the idea that the government should use tax increases to fund welfare, but in terms of actually volunteering their own time and money there isn’t a demographic that does more for children.
From my perspective just as a citizen, mother, grand, I have seen a failed system. Those that propose to be protectors of children. From corrupt and dysfunctional orphanages/adoptions/fostering to child protections services, child support agencies, to all the organized pedophilia and sex trafficking that is coming to light.
IMO if pro lifers are sincere about life and children they should focus their attention on what is happening and not happening within the very government agencies that are in place to protect those children suffering and neglected in situations most likely due to unplanned pregnancies and being born into dysfunctional and abusive situations instead of on abortion itself.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:38 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact, it does
God created humans and their stages of development does not diminish the value of their lives.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're wrong. There is no legal distinction whatsoever between some fetuses and others in regards to which are considered a person and to which homicide laws apply, and which aren't considered a person.
Actually they do, the Supreme Court (as of right now anyways) has affirmed that, hence abortion is NOT fetal homicide and is still legal

Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,764,256 times
Quote:
My fiancee had an abortion 14 years ago, still doesn't regret it and if she had it to do again, wouldn't do it any different.

She was 19, and her boyfriend at the time was unemployed by choice and physically abused her constantly. She shouldn't have had to "take responsibility" for that and have a constant reminder of the guy who regularly beat her and cheated on her

And yes, she broke up with him afterwards. It was her wake up call
Not to disrespect your fiancé (congrats), but I have to wonder if she'd go back and.... not sleep with the abusive guy to begin with.
I understand youth and hormones and all that, but still, young people need to be instilled with the ability to make good and proper choices before such things happen.
There are reasons people are (or were) encouraged to date, wait, get to know, discern, then make a lifetime commitment to someone they'd bring a child up with.
We don't live in a perfect world, I totally understand that, but that doesn't mean we should be so flippant to just say "do what you want and we'll deal with the consequences later". That's where society seems to be now and it's downright reckless.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
God created humans and their stages of development does not diminish the value of their lives.
A fetus is not a person, the sooner you realize that, the better

Old 10-22-2020, 07:41 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Pro lifers (a misnomer if I ever heard one) will tell you it's about protecting unborn fetuses, but that is not true, as they don't give two farts what happens to the unwanted children after they're born.

I posit that the real end game is using fascist means to reverse the sexual revolution of the 60s&70s, to put an end to extramarital recreational intercourse, as they most likely believe that if pregnancies can no longer be legally terminated, that women will wait until they're married to engage in intercourse.

I'd be interested to hear any rebuttals of my hypothesis...
Wow. You should check out Qanon or whatever it's called.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Not to disrespect your fiancé (congrats), but I have to wonder if she'd go back and.... not sleep with the abusive guy to begin with.
I understand youth and hormones and all that, but still, young people need to be instilled with the ability to make good and proper choices before such things happen.
There are reasons people are (or were) encouraged to date, wait, get to know, discern, then make a lifetime commitment to someone they'd bring a child up with.
We don't live in a perfect world, I totally understand that, but that doesn't mean we should be so flippant to just say "do what you want and deal with the consequences later". That's where society seems to be now and it's downright reckless.
Let me ask you this, were you prepared to marry every person you ever slept with? (It's very relevant to your post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.