Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 10:53 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The covid is highly contagious but catching it still comes down to common sense.

Would you ride in a car with someone that is suffering from the flu?
Would you hang out with someone that has a fever or is coughing sneezing and sputtering all over the place?

Would you go out in public, touching door handles, banisters etc and then stick you hand in your mouth, fingers up your nose or rub your eyes before washing your filthy hands?

What was that disease about a decade ago that was inflicting cruise ships? It was being spread because people are filthy animals.

The thing is the covid and our response to it is still developing on a daily basis but the Left tells us it is all Trumps fault.
I would ride in a car with someone suffering from the flu

I would hang out with someone coughing and sneezing

I would go out in public, touch door handles, banisters and though I wouldnt put my hands in my mouth or up my nose (even after washing) I have no issue rubbing my eyes before washing my hands.

I know plenty of people that constantly wash their hands, use sanitizer, use their shirt to open a public door etc..and ironically they seem to be the ones that are always sick. My family is never sick...ever. We are clean, wash our hands after using the bathroom and such but have no issue getting some germs on us, we feel it just helps boost the immune system. Much like Covid, we have no concern whether or not we get it and really dont take much precaution in avoiding it honestly. If you are going to get it, you are going to get it. As far as the blame, thats not even a thought. Its here, just need to deal with it.

You are right though, people are filthy animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 11:28 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I would ride in a car with someone suffering from the flu

I would hang out with someone coughing and sneezing

I would go out in public, touch door handles, banisters and though I wouldnt put my hands in my mouth or up my nose (even after washing) I have no issue rubbing my eyes before washing my hands.

I know plenty of people that constantly wash their hands, use sanitizer, use their shirt to open a public door etc..and ironically they seem to be the ones that are always sick. My family is never sick...ever. We are clean, wash our hands after using the bathroom and such but have no issue getting some germs on us, we feel it just helps boost the immune system. Much like Covid, we have no concern whether or not we get it and really dont take much precaution in avoiding it honestly. If you are going to get it, you are going to get it. As far as the blame, thats not even a thought. Its here, just need to deal with it.

You are right though, people are filthy animals.
I found the following from MIT that addresses the above to some degree. In short, there is some truth to the fact that too much social distancing can make someone more prone to getting COVID because stress weakens the immune system, and that too much isolation can be very stressful.

https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...-immune-system

P.S. I personally would not purposely expose myself to someone with the flu or anyone else who shows symptoms of having a contagious illness. However, I almost completely agree with what I bolded for COVID or any contagious illness, (The only exception would be those who have NO other human contact EVER, except for others who have quarantined, and that is not possible for probably 99% of people.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies