Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 04:02 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,523,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think the above statements contradict each other.

Thinking people (not just men, btw) already know that the U.S. has NOT shown equality and justice to all, and they don't need to be told that in an ad. And thinking people already know that the best way to have their opinions known is to VOTE, and they don't need to be "energized" to do that.

In my opinion, the only energy this ad will generate is to create more dislike for Biden and the Democrats/liberals.

I agree. Really tone deaf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 04:02 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,046,957 times
Obama hated America too.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 10 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,812,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama hated America too.
Indeed he did, but a lot of people were willing to look the other way because he was really pretty.

Perhaps that rubbed off on ol' SlowJoe. This ad was almost impossibly tone-deaf, but that's Biden for you. The rest of the world has moved on, but he's still blasting "My Sharona" in his basement.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:15 PM

19,598 posts, read 9,139,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va-mainah View Post
It's a country stating otherwise is pure non-sense. Violence from the far right, inciting civil war? Have you been paying attention? Antifa is not far right. Hell the Anti-Facist showed up to a free speech rally to shut it down...let that sync in for a moment. And only fringe morons are rooting on a civil war. But keep burning down people's property, trying to take over sections of cities, defunding the police etc...and well they may get what they want with the facilitation of Democrat Mayors and Governors.
I was thinking about this post, and I am asking the following:

If Biden/Harris wins, then extreme violence (meaning rioting) won't result, right? (Because most Trump voters do not live in the cities, so how and where would they riot? I just can't imagine a bunch of Trumpers rioting and burning stores in their towns like Sheridan, Wyoming, for example.

And if Trump wins and the rioting becomes even more destructive than it has been in recent months, what would prevent Trump from unleashing the military? (I would think there would be plenty of people in the military who would love to seriously injure, or even kill, those who want to destroy the U.S.)

So, in short,I doubt there will be any civil war at all if Biden/Harris wins, and If Trump wins, I would think it would be brought to a very swift end

Old 10-22-2020, 04:19 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,433,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
A realistic approach.
Criticism that we can improve, we can accept out history and work together on
Positive change.
Thank you Biden for keeping it....realistic
You don't have to tell me twice our country made some humdingers of bad choices. And one will be leaving in January . Recess bully time is over on .
The problem with your post is it looks at those times and decisions with today’s lens. Actually, back in the day, the United States was crazy revolutionary. Just the fact that the founders said we have an alienable rights was huge. As far as slavery, America was just doing what everyone else including Africa was doing. Yes it was ugly time for many societies, but we can’t judge past America with today’s lens. If you look at what America has become, it started out and still is the most revolutionary country in the world. Our constitution guarantees rights to the people that no other country in the world does. It spreads central power out unlike any other country. It’s a beautiful thing, and together we can become even greater.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:27 PM

17,196 posts, read 12,060,872 times
What is "Make America Great Again" but a criticism of the current state of America? So both seem on the same page on this.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:48 PM

13,458 posts, read 7,817,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSENGERTOASCHERON View Post
that cannot be for real

My thoughts as well.

The Biden camp didn't put that out.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:10 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,145,513 times
What he was attacking were the recent concerns that so many Americans have expressed with regard to the infiltration of critical race theory into American schools, government agencies, and workplaces.

Don't get me wrong, racism is a serious issue but my goodness, are there no other topics that Dems are concerned about? At the end of the day, it makes the entire party look like a bunch of simpletons.

It's like going out to a restaurant with your friend who buys a new dog. The first 10 minutes is spent listening about the dog. But after awhile, you want to change the topic and your friend interjects, "I only want to talk about my dog."

Next week, you meet up with your friend again for dinner. You start with some small talk and your friend rudely interrupts and says "I only want to talk about my dog."

How would that sound to any of us?

That's what's happening with the racism topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS IMPORTANT, but my goodness, the topic is getting stale fast! People tune out and the message becomes ineffective. Look at reduced tv and sports watching as evidence. When a topic goes from a dialogue to a lecture, your average American stops listening.

Come on Dems, think of the next topic, I know you can do it

Last edited by pete98146; 10-22-2020 at 05:25 PM..

Old 10-22-2020, 05:15 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,452,003 times
You would think they learned a lesson when Obama said our jobs weren't ever coming back and Hillary said she was going to shut down jobs to never come back.

How do you run on pessimism and hate? The Dems truly hate the country and think we are the enemy, that's how.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:16 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,722,230 times
Quote:
America was an idea, an idea
No, Joe, America was a people, a culture, with some good leaders who had good ideas, implemented them and created a great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies