Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:18 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,913 times

Advertisements

I encourage everyone to read this story from Fox News with an open mind and see if all of this does not seem fishy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rud...ils-hard-drive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 09:21 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
I encourage everyone to read this story from Fox News with an open mind and see if all of this does not seem fishy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rud...ils-hard-drive
Yes, it seems very fishy.

And that's what the 50 former intelligence officials are saying.

This looks like fishy Russian meddling into our election. To further weaken us and tear us apart, and help Trump win again.

And further weaken a country that was gun metal strong 20 years ago.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
You know, if President Trump would just run on the issues, instead of playing these sideshows, he probably would have the election in the bag.
I agree.

Trump describes his illness 'a blessing from God' ... but actually, if anything, in an ironic twist the entire disease was the blessing ... for him.

Trump was handed the perfect opportunity to be a real leader, and a grateful public would have re-elected him handily.

He could have shown off his leadership skills (if he had any) and gotten the Trumpies on board with common sense measures, he could have coordinated our national response, he could have been at the forefront of addressing the unique problems we have had to tackle (instead of the naysayer and obstacle and foot dragger). He COULD have been our Lincoln, our FDR. He could have been the man who rose to the occasion.

Instead, he chose to game it, thinking that leadership was not what the country needed in a crises, but lies (to prop up the investors). It became a character test, and Trump failed. He fell off of Jacob's ladder.

To illustrate the power of a president's words, let me quote what another poster put up in the last 24 hours: "President Trump says he has a better, greatest, plan to replace ACA. Should we not trust our president?"

The answer, of course, is no. No we should NOT trust our president. But there are always those who do ... even this notorious liar, and if he had been honest about it those people would have followed CDC guidelines like the rest of us and we would NOT have the disgraceful record of 20% of the world's deaths from this disease. It would be closer to 4%.

Trump got a lot of extra people killed with those falsehoods.

Trump lies about the pandemic, and he cooks up lies about his opponent, and he has a penchant for secrecy about himself ... for what? It looks for all the world that this man deeply feels he can not work with Truth, he can not run on Truth.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"7. FBI did nothing"
That tells me all I need to know. If there was evidence of a serious crime the FBI would have moved on it shortly after they got it.

"4. Giuliani is involved"
This also tells me all I need to know. The evidence's chain of custody has been broken and compromised.
Right.

If you read the Fox News link in post #11 a few posts back, the FBI was notified a long time ago about this alleged laptop, emails and explicit pictures of underage girls and we are supposed to believe that the FBI will not act immediately on something as serious as sexual pictures of underage girls regardless of someone's status?

I'm telling you, this maaaaaay be legit but..... it reeks like last weeks fish. I don't see the fire above the treeline but I see the smoke.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:25 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
The laptop is just for stupid people. We have Biden on video dangling a billion $USD to fire the Ukrainian prosecutor. We have Hunter Biden admitting he cashes in on his name. We have Joe Biden golfing with a Burisma board member. The only thing missing is Biden admitting to the arrangement. The laptop connects one dot. Does anyone who is not a drooling moron think Biden never discussed any of this with his son?

Even more damning than the laptop is someone on the email chaining witnessing and testifying to it.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:27 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
More than 50 former intel officials signed a public letter saying they believe the Hunter Biden story has 'all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation'

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/more-than-50-former-intel-officials-signed-a-public-letter-saying-they-believe-the-hunter-biden-story-has-all-the-classic-earmarks-of-a-russian-information-operation/articleshow/78763146.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppst

-Start article excerpts

“Dozens of former intelligence officials signed a public statement Monday expressing doubts about the authenticity of the Hunter Biden Emails published by the New York Post”

“The intelligence officials wrote a public letter Monday saying they were “deeply suspicious” that Russia could be involved with the dubious New York Post stories published recently about Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden.”

“The first of multiple articles from the Post about the emails, headlined “BIDEN’S SECRET E-MAILS,” suggested that Joe Biden used the power of his position as vice president year ago to help his son Hunter, who sat on the board of Ukranian energy company Burisma.”

“Business Insider’s Sonam Sheth wrote about the Biden allegations, saying “there is no evidence that these claims hold merit, and they’ve been debunked by intelligence assessments, news reports, congressional investigations, and witness testimony.”

“Sheth also identified several “red flags” with the initial Post report and spoke with former spies who said the incident had exposed the president and his lawyer as being highly vulnerable to Russian disinformation”

“Such an operation would be consistent with some of the key methods Russia has used in its now multi-year operation to interfere with our democracy – the hacking (via cyber operations) and the dumping of accurate information or the distribution of inaccurate or misinformation.”

“The dozens of former intelligence officials aren’t the only ones to have been skeptical – some journalists at the New York Post also expressed doubts in publishing the emails’ contents. The New York Times reported that at least two writers refused to put they bylines on the story, including one who was mostly responsible for writing it, the Post employees told the Times.”

“Another journalist said the reporting on the stories was “not something that meets my journalistic standards,” adding that the initial Post article “should not have been published.”

- End article experts

Here is my commentary on this:

If there was criminal activity then whoever was involved needs to be prosecuted, whether that be Joe or Hunter or anyone else. However, this story has holes large enough to drive a ship through. It stinks of a setup and worse than last week's fish.

If this is showing to be foreign interference, this interference should concern Republicans, Democrats and independents alike. All American's regardless of political affiliation as our elections and voting practices are fundamental to our democracy and country.
You been on another planet the last few days?

This is old "news". And ham-handed, stupid disinformation.

It's already been proven that the laptop/emails are not Russian disinformation.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:35 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

By who? Professional FBI or the appointed lackeys?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:

This is old "news". And stupid disinformation.

It's already proven it's not Russian disinformation.
Individuals (opposite the over 50 previous intelligence officials previously appointed by both political parties) who have said the alleged info on Hunter's laptop is not Russian disinformation:

Director of National Intelligence - John Ratcliffe
An appointee of President Trump in May of 2020 - appointed a while after the alleged laptop was discovered and sent to the FBI - in which the Texas Tribune stated "Ratcliffe has been a vocal ally for Trump, defending the president during impeachment hearings in 2019."
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/05...xas-confirmed/

Department of Justice head - William Bar
Also an appointee of President Trump who let Michael Flynn off the hook for lying to the FBI and according to one article in August of 2020: "made efforts to undermine voting and has a potential to unleash an October Surprise"
https://theintercept.com/2020/08/29/...ce-department/

Well Surprise City Data!
Here is your October Surprise promised back in August from William Bar, a recent DOJ Trump appointee. A surprise that he and the other recent Trump apointee of course says is legit and has been sitting on for months. A surprise that apparently was not important enough to tell the American people when discovered quite a while ago but just had to wait until a few weeks before a Presidential election. A surprise along with the accusation of sexual pictures of underage girls the FBI did not act on.

It would appear that Trump drained the swamp, only to install his own loyal swamp creatures to not serve the American people, but to serve Donald Trump and Donald Trumps agenda.

I am not saying the Russians were involved here. Maybe they were maybe they were not. Maybe it was someone else. Maybe illegal activity did actually occur by Hunter Biden. I do not know. All I know is that this whole story and timing reeks like fish. That while I can not see the fire above the treeline I can see the smoke.

Last edited by txbullsfan; 10-23-2020 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-23-2020, 09:55 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:

The 50 intelligence agents who signed the letter would disagree with you.

But who knows, maybe you have sources they don't have? And better experience than they do?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:59 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Individuals (opposite the over 50 previous intelligence officials previously appointed by both political parties) who have said the alleged info on Hunter's laptop is not Russian disinformation:

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe
An appointee of President Trump in May of 2020 - appointed a while after the alleged laptop was discovered and sent to the FBI - in which the Texas Tribune stated "Ratcliffe has been a vocal ally for Trump, defending the president during impeachment hearings in 2019."
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/05...xas-confirmed/

Department of Justice head William Bar
Also an appointee of President Trump who let Michael Flynn off the hook for lying to the FBI and according to one article "made efforts to undermine voting and has a potential to unleash an October Surprise"
https://theintercept.com/2020/08/29/...ce-department/

Well, here is your October Surprise from William Bar, a recent Trump appointee City Data. A surprise that he and the other recent Trump apointee of course says is legit and has been sitting on for months. A surprise along with the accusation of sexual pictures of underage girls the FBI did not act on.

I am not saying the Russians were involved here. Maybe they were maybe they were not. Maybe it was someone else. All I know is that this whole story and timing reeks like fish. That while I can not see the fire above the treeline I can see the smoke.
The Bidens aren't denying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies