Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 07:58 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

do these ignorant people who don't know what a coyote is think navy seals are plump, brown water loving mammals with flippers? good grief......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 08:32 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
do these ignorant people who don't know what a coyote is think navy seals are plump, brown water loving mammals with flippers? good grief......
That's why it was so impressive when Seal Team 6 took out Bin Laden. Its hard to fire a gun with flippers.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:33 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Thank you! I was trying to think of animal terms we call certain people in this country. I hope others chime in.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:52 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
That's why it was so impressive when Seal Team 6 took out Bin Laden. Its hard to fire a gun with flippers.
This thread is funnier than any late night show comedian, especially the photos

Old 10-23-2020, 08:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...Georgia State Representative Thinks “Coyotes†Are Actual Dogs…

"How the hell does a coyote bring a whole human across the border?"

https://www.weaselzippers.us/457971-...e-actual-dogs/
There's just.......

:: 10 minutes later ::

There are just no words........

Old 10-23-2020, 09:30 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This thread is funnier than any late night show comedian, especially the photos
Ok...here is a photo of the seal team 6 member that took out bin laden
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...5nEdDOBd68AQKI

Old 10-23-2020, 09:59 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
You know, I'm no fan of him but I gotta applaud Trump, the guy knows how to troll. He knew what he was doing making this statement and like clockwork, the twitter crowd ate it up. Just like calling Covid "China virus". Rinse, lather and repeat.
I'm not sure it was intentional. I don't think even Trump thought Democrats were stupid enough to think that he was talking about a small-ish dog-like predator when talking about "coyotes" in this context.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:03 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, that was (as an NPR listener) one of my beefs in the past. "Today on NPR, we will just talk about a typical illegal immigrant family like Juans. Juan came here 30 years ago, has not taken a day off work since then and his daughter is now a cancer researcher at Johns Hopkins."

Or even better, they'll run stories about LEGAL immigrants and then try to conflate the argument such that opposing illegal immigration is the same thing as opposing ALL immigration. Ugh.
NPR has gotten terrible in terms of bias and slant in the past 10 years. They have always been biased, but they used to pretend to be neutral. 10-15 years ago, they would have 2 people provide input on a topic, one liberal, one conservative. The lib would get the first and last sessions, to set the tone and leave the last impression with the audience, but the audience at least got to hear both sides. Now they don't even pretend, they are just a left-wing propaganda machine. I have no understanding just why we fund them with taxpayer dollars. They should just get all their funding from the DNC.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:58 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, that was (as an NPR listener) one of my beefs in the past. "Today on NPR, we will just talk about a typical illegal immigrant family like Juans. Juan came here 30 years ago, has not taken a day off work since then and his daughter is now a cancer researcher at Johns Hopkins."

Or even better, they'll run stories about LEGAL immigrants and then try to conflate the argument such that opposing illegal immigration is the same thing as opposing ALL immigration. Ugh.
They're legal immigrants, right - the cancer researcher had the merit requirements to obtain legal status in the USA, I'm assuming. She could then sponsor her parents - they weren't in cages?

Trump mentioned merit as a reason for new immigrants to enter, and remain in, the USA. He's following in the footsteps of Canada. North America is not a dumping ground for people who don't want to fix their own countries, who are simply unhappy about life at home and grass seems greener.

Refugees is something different than immigration. People infiltrating borders anywhere in the world illegally is a concern - first safe country needs to be enforced. Syria recently infiltrated Germany and other parts of the EU. Mexico infiltrates the USA illegally. Why is that okay? If it's another country, such as Yemen, it's refugee. If it's Mexico, what persecution are they fleeing?

Old 10-24-2020, 12:12 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Thank you! I was trying to think of animal terms we call certain people in this country. I hope others chime in.
"He's a sly fox", even worse, "she's a stone fox"; "Bob's dating a bear"; "well at least he isn't dating a chicken, like Ralph is"; "Chan's mom is a tiger"; "And his dad's an old goat".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies