Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2020, 11:20 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think you hate the term because it really hits home with you. This is the irrationality I am talking about. You dont know the first thing about me, yet you attack me on a professional level? I'm pretty sure all the people who's lives I have saved over the years, would disagree with you. Someone without TDS would have been rational enough to have thought of that before making a statement like this. You are so blinded by your hatred for Trump, that you are attacking someone who helps people for a living, just because he supports him.
I did not mention your name or attack you as a professional. Just saying that I am highly skeptical of any medical professional who bandies about such non-sense. There are plenty of medical professionals who don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 11:20 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Aww poor widdle Ivanka and Jarwed got their fee-fees hurt. It must be nappy time for the Twump snowflakes.
You are one of the reasons why this place has become unbearable the past few weeks.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:22 AM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Kushner's quote from Vanity Fair Magazine, “Cuomo didn’t pound the phones hard enough to get PPE for his state-his people are going to suffer & that’s their problem.”

Old 10-25-2020, 11:23 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The left has no decency...they’re nothing more than smear merchants!

https://nypost.com/2020/10/23/jared-...oject-nyc-ads/
I'm sure the Lincoln Project is very happy for this free publicity. NYC has no tourists and Times Square is pretty dead. These billboards wouldn't have had the reach it did if Ivanka and Jared didn't sue. LOL

Old 10-25-2020, 11:25 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
What if to me, TDS is a charming little phrase spoken by a group of people?
The problem with that, is to have language work, we all have to know what phrases mean, and their nuances. It doesn't really work if you don't know the nuances of a phrase, because it'll get you into a lot of trouble.

Like, for example, congratulating a coworker about his knocked up wife.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:28 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
What if to me, TDS is a charming little phrase spoken by a group of people?
There are widely recognized slurs that are considered “charming little phrases” by “a group of people”. For example, racial slurs may be considered “charming little phrases” by white supremacists, but it doesn’t make these phrases any less heinous.

That a widely recognized slur is considered a “charming little phrase” by you and your ilk does not make it any less of a slur. The irony here is that you truly believe you are rational, when a very simple logic entirely escapes you. Sad.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:29 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The problem with that, is to have language work, we all have to know what phrases mean, and their nuances. It doesn't really work if you don't know the nuances of a phrase, because it'll get you into a lot of trouble.

Like, for example, congratulating a coworker about his knocked up wife.
So few people have an understanding of language and usage. I appreciate the clear and detailed explanations because even I sometimes get confused.
Bravo.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:38 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
So few people have an understanding of language and usage. I appreciate the clear and detailed explanations because even I sometimes get confused.
Bravo.
A wonderful explanation as usual, but it is also satisfying to watch someone defend a slur by being both obtuse and ignorant of the definition of a slur. It is an incredible feat that deserves special mention.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:42 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
You are one of the reasons why this place has become unbearable the past few weeks.
Aw, do you need a safe space? Maybe you should sue me like your heroes Ivanka and Jared!

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 10-25-2020 at 11:59 AM..

Old 10-25-2020, 11:43 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
A wonderful explanation as usual, but it is also satisfying to watch someone defend a slur by being both obtuse and ignorant of the definition of a slur. It is an incredible feat that deserves special mention.
Usually they just give up and quite responding. It takes a special something to keep defending an obviously and factually wrong position. Very entertaining and one of the reasons I love this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies