Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 05:28 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable angry, hateful Democrats who do nothing but lose, have decided to create a "Digital Filibuster" lasting 30 hours long beginning today, Sunday, which then generates to a Digital Rally.

All your loser favorites Schumer and Pelosi will be there..

Senate Dems Plan ‘Digital Filibuster’ to Stop Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court Nomination

The “event” is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 25 and “will post videos from advocates and personal storytellers every hour to tell senators to reject the nomination of Barrett,” according to a press release issued by liberal nonprofit People for the American Way.

Who comes up with this garbage?

https://lawandcrime.com/supreme-cour...rt-nomination/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 06:58 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Well, this will turn quite interesting if the Trump supporters find it and start a heckle fest. Otherwise.... snooze. It will be a predictable litany of the same unsubstantiated pearl clutching we’ve been treated to since she was nominated.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:01 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Well, this will turn quite interesting if the Trump supporters find it and start a heckle fest. Otherwise.... snooze. It will be a predictable litany of the same unsubstantiated pearl clutching we’ve been treated to since she was nominated.
How? I know Democrats and it's a one way system with them... They can lecture you and mute any reply they don't like .. you can't heckle if nobody can see or hear you....

Old 10-25-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
How? I know Democrats and it's a one way system with them... They can lecture you and mute any reply they don't like .. you can't heckle if nobody can see or hear you....
It’s on Facebook - they have a comment section. Based on the live events I’ve seen on there, they either have to leave the chat on or off. I’m pretty sure the chat will be on.

https://fb.me/e/1I6lVSpea

Old 10-25-2020, 07:30 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Chuck Schumer on the floor said doing what we (Democrats) did does not make what you (Republicans) right.

What he was referring is Harry Reid change from major vote to appoint a federal judge to a simple majority. Of course, to the left, when they do it, it was justified. Hypocrites

Old 10-25-2020, 07:50 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Chuck Schumer on the floor said doing what we (Democrats) did does not make what you (Republicans) right.

What he was referring is Harry Reid change from major vote to appoint a federal judge to a simple majority. Of course, to the left, when they do it, it was justified. Hypocrites
I think it was the Democrats who changed the vote ,but I was wrong once in January two years ago

Old 10-25-2020, 07:53 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
This seems like just delaying the inevitable and won't relfect well on them for independents. It's aimed at the Democrat's left flank that expect them to do whatever they can regardless of how ineffectual.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This seems like just delaying the inevitable and won't relfect well on them for independents. It's aimed at the Democrat's left flank that expect them to do whatever they can regardless of how ineffectual.
This

Old 10-25-2020, 08:06 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
This.. is... HILARIOUS.

This serves two purposes, IMO.

First, it gives the dem supporters/cheerleaders the impression that they have some kind of a chance, or at least a voice in the process they worked so hard to remove themselves from (but they did it when they were in power and thought it would never be THEM that was shut out). Basically, it’s to keep the cheerleaders from becoming completely demoralized.

Second, it provides a basis for them to complain. Not a legitimate basis, but a basis just the same.

There’s a segment of the democrat voter base that apparently thinks that protests and last wishes have some kind of legal meaning. “How dare they not respect her dying wish” was the sentiment of the week, a couple weeks ago. As if wishes are laws. These people are insane. But they need them, so they have to cater to them.

The Democrats have gotten themselves into quite a mess, and I’m not sure there’s a way out for them.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:59 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The Democrats are desperate and acting despicable.

Barrett had her hearing, they took a vote that the Democrats boycotted and now they are trying another stunt to block her.

Trump had the Right to appoint her so he did.

The Democrats are playing dirty politics and the public fails to see how they are further dividing America because their media is carrying the propaganda message.

I'm sure if Biden wins we will see an attempt to pack the court in their favor.

The Demoncrat party is becoming the enemy of the People and the greatest threat to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies