Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2020, 02:44 PM

9,850 posts, read 7,559,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Oh gosh the world is coming to end. Glad you have told me.
Just be careful what you wish for. The country will go downhill for sure. Having Biden will not be an improvement but when bad things start happening, remember how you voted.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:44 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,433,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
They know what happened in 2016 with polls being wrong, but everyone that they talk to is saying it's either going to be tight or looks like Biden is way ahead moreso than Hillary was in 2016.

My poor 401K and all the higher prices I'll be paying for gas, goods, etc. The world will loot, riot, defund the police and all the illegals will swarm in. I just can't understand why any person wanting the same things this corrupt senile basement man wants. He can barely form a sentence. Our economy will sink. We'll be at war and he'll undo all the good things Trump has done. Government will run our healthcare. We can't protect ourselves as they will take our guns away. All you can do is accept it. This Biden man is so corrupt.

OMG, this country is going to be in some trouble for sure.

I remember also not long ago, there was a poll in City Data 'Elections' asking who everyone was voting for. Trump was winning by a landslide. Now the poll has Biden winning. I guess they all forgot the rioting, looting and police killings and shootings.

Kamala and Biden keep talking about Covid. Not a thing Biden can do to make anything better. Dems talk like Biden can cure the disease. He can't people. He can't save anymore people. He has NO magic wand.

You want us to shut down and then after 6 months come out and the virus is still there and no one has jobs or money to pay for food? What the heck.
Watch out, the boogeyman is going to get you lolz

Old 10-25-2020, 02:46 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,886,585 times
How dare Fox actually report the facts for once. If they know what's good for them they'll get back to all propaganda, all the time - or else!

Now as you were saying - the oceans will boil; famine will stalk the land; all the fish will leap from the waters; the forests will all burn down to the very last tree; Miami and Houston and every other city on America's shoreline will sink beneath the waves of the sea; and the Four Horsemen will make themselves home on every front porch doorstep in the land...

Old 10-25-2020, 02:47 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,433,408 times
Quote:
Just be careful what you wish for. The country will go downhill for sure. Having Biden will not be an improvement but when bad things start happening, remember how you voted.
I voted for the party that isn't going to keep ramming reich wing judges onto the federal courts, and just might give us a shot (though not holding my breath) at single payer healthcare. And will keep abortion and gay marriage legal. So yeah, I'm proud of how I voted

Old 10-25-2020, 02:49 PM

19,394 posts, read 6,433,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I voted for the party that isn't going to keep ramming reich wing judges onto the federal courts, and just might give us a shot (though not holding my breath) at single payer healthcare. And will keep abortion and gay marriage legal. So yeah, I'm proud of how I voted
^^^ Four posts in and already Godwin’s Law makes a subtle entrance. Oye vey!

Old 10-25-2020, 02:49 PM

30,462 posts, read 17,882,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
How did you arrive at this conclusion, other than personal magical belief?
Nobody in their right mind thinks that Joe Biden, even if he is to win, will win by anything close to what most polls show. Such a ridiculous margin are Ronald Reagan 1980 numbers, when he won 44 states, which crazy Uncle Joe ain't doing But y'all can continue believing such if you want.

Moreover, when you look at things like registration trends in multiple key battleground states, etc., the polling numbers don't seem to reflect the reality on the ground.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:51 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,022,793 times
Quote:
They know what happened in 2016 with polls being wrong, but everyone that they talk to is saying it's either going to be tight or looks like Biden is way ahead moreso than Hillary was in 2016.

My poor 401K and all the higher prices I'll be paying for gas, goods, etc. The world will loot, riot, defund the police and all the illegals will swarm in. I just can't understand why any person wanting the same things this corrupt senile basement man wants. He can barely form a sentence. Our economy will sink. We'll be at war and he'll undo all the good things Trump has done. Government will run our healthcare. We can't protect ourselves as they will take our guns away. All you can do is accept it. This Biden man is so corrupt.

OMG, this country is going to be in some trouble for sure.

I remember also not long ago, there was a poll in City Data 'Elections' asking who everyone was voting for. Trump was winning by a landslide. Now the poll has Biden winning. I guess they all forgot the rioting, looting and police killings and shootings.

Kamala and Biden keep talking about Covid. Not a thing Biden can do to make anything better. Dems talk like Biden can cure the disease. He can't people. He can't save anymore people. He has NO magic wand.

You want us to shut down and then after 6 months come out and the virus is still there and no one has jobs or money to pay for food? What the heck.
I don't watch Fox anymore. I prefer OANN, 1. they are facts based not full of pundits etc, 2. Its straight up news, 3. They show all the Trump rallies etc which even fox doesn't. Fox has become leftist crap.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:53 PM

What is this they say about shy republicans that are afraid to tell people they are voting for Trump? Please tell me there are a ton of millions of them that will vote and they aren't included in the polls. :-)

Old 10-25-2020, 02:54 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,484,790 times
Quote:
They know what happened in 2016 with polls being wrong, but everyone that they talk to is saying it's either going to be tight or looks like Biden is way ahead moreso than Hillary was in 2016
The election results for 2016 were within margin of error for national polls since Clinton won popular vote by 2%. The current 8% that Biden leads now are much larger and not within that margin of error, I can't fathom how you're convincing yourself that they are more off this time.

Obviously it's about EVs and anything can happen, but you sure appear to be speaking from emotion not logic.

Quote:
My poor 401K and all the higher prices I'll be paying for gas, goods, etc. The world will loot, riot, defund the police and all the illegals will swarm in. I just can't understand why any person wanting the same things this corrupt senile basement man wants. He can barely form a sentence. Our economy will sink. We'll be at war and he'll undo all the good things Trump has done. Government will run our healthcare. We can't protect ourselves as they will take our guns away. All you can do is accept it. This Biden man is so corrupt. OMG, this country is going to be in some trouble for sure.
People do this irrational end-of-days thing every election (along with the "he won't leave office" routine), I honestly don't understand how people get so wound up about politics but trust me = no matter who wins, you'll be fine.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
The election results for 2016 were within margin of error for national polls since Clinton won popular vote by 2%. The current 8% that Biden leads now are much larger and not within that margin of error, I can't fathom how you're convincing yourself that they are more off this time.

Obviously it's about EVs and anything can happen, but you sure appear to be speaking from emotion not logic.

People do this irrational end-of-days thing every election (along with the "he won't leave office" routine), I honestly don't understand how people get so wound up about politics but trust me = no matter who wins, you'll be fine.

I feel a lot more 'fine' and 'safe' with Trump. He makes peace. Biden will say the wrong word and start war. He's a crazy corrupt man that we shouldn't reward and make president of the US. I'm not so sure how safe and fine we'll be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.