Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 10:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Just what black people love. Being lectured by some rich kid who never had to earn anything.
Lmao.. right. I wonder if this also works for all those whites people in rural areas and in the rust belt?

Old 10-26-2020, 10:49 AM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Just what black people love. Being lectured by some rich kid who never had to earn anything.
I always love it when people with inherited wealth named Kushner, Coors , Koch and Devos all are able to come up with solutions for poor blacks.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:49 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,699,244 times
I agree with his statement. It’s pretty obvious. People have to want to improve their lives and not depend on the government to do it.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:50 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I always love it when people with inherited wealth named Kushner, Coors , Koch and Devos all are able to come up with solutions for poor blacks.
Yes, it's so benevolent of them.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:50 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So you're saying that the Trump administration & Kushner shouldn't have met with Ice Cube?
There is a difference in meeting with people to learn the issues vs speaking like an expert. Jared Kushner is not an expert on why Black people aren't more successful and it does not play well to be told by him what a black person should do to be more successful.
Should he tell teens how to dress to be more attractive or should he tell autistic parents how to parent their disabled children, or Catholics how best to honor their God. Of course not.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:51 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,211,031 times
The problem is so many young black guys see the only way out is with sports or rap. If they fail at either dream what do they do?

Obama really failed "his people" by allowing them to wallow in their self pity of perpetual victim hood forever oppressed by the white mans society when he should have served as an example of just how far a smart black man could rise in this country. His story was amazing.

I think the greatest threat to a black persons success is their own community. What happens if a young black guy studies hard and tries to get into a college, his friends view him as a sell out, an uncle Tom etc.. a young black woman tries to achieve a better life for herself she is scolded with "who do you think you are?"

Black people can be just as smart and successful as white people but they do need to shed the idea of perpetual racism and oppression that is holding them back.
They need to get out of their own way and drop the chip that is on so many of their shoulders and they can do amazing things.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:53 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I agree with his statement. It’s pretty obvious. People have to want to improve their lives and not depend on the government to do it.
Well there you go, that is not what the experts say. Everyone, should take advantage of entitlements like healthcare, school, food. You will not be more successful if you are sick or hungry or uneducated.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:03 AM

546 posts, read 242,980 times
Quote:
It’s true for everyone...if you’d rather make one bad choice after another, it’s not going to end in a successful life. And I think you can rely on others for a short time to get you on the successful path.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:05 AM

227 posts, read 97,913 times
Quote:
So why target blacks?

What about all those poor rural whites who leech off welfare and everything else under the sun?

Old 10-26-2020, 11:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Jared Kushner...HE knows why black folks aren’t more successful, huh? Jared Kushner! Born two inches from home plate and swears that he hit a home run! That Jared Kushner? The one who ended up at Harvard, even though it’s well documented that he didn’t have the grades or the test scores to gain admission. That Jared Kushner? The guy whose father gave millions of dollars to Harvard in order to get his son admitted? The Jared Kushner that is running our Middle Eastern policy although he doesn’t have ANY qualifications to do so?

Just imagine the scene: a bunch of gilded WHITE MILLIONAIRES on a lame ass morning show talking about African Americans, as if we can’t hear them or as if THEY know anything about being black in this country from a firsthand perspective.

This is why the overwhelming majority of black folks hate the Republican Party and right wingers in general. But of course, you’ll whine and complain that we hate you for no reason. That you get a bum rap from black folks.

In any case, African Americans have an appointment with the Republican Party on Nov 3rd. And believe me, we’re going to keep that appointment come hell or high water, and you Republicans won’t like what we have to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies