Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2020, 12:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah because the first person I think to turn to on information about the Black community is Jared Kushner -- he's had soooo much experience with that.
Explain why you think being successful and doing the right things is based on skin color? That's what racists do.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Black people have to have examples to know who to be successful. Mentoring is great and good programs to actually give them skills.

There are many successful blacks but other black people don't see a path to success. The programs that Trump proposes are a start. The successful blacks should mentor those stuck in poverty and show that they too have worth to become successful.

Many don't even have a starting point on how to be successful. They have given up. Not just blacks , but all colors need a starting point, a goal, and it come from preparation and drive to believe in oneself. Poverty can be the worst strong hold on a person. They know nothing else. That is why Kushner said what he said. They need a path , a drive , a goal to success and believe in themselves.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:27 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Biden had met with Cube, the first thing you Conservatives would’ve done is dredge up all of Cube’s lyrics...especially the anti Semitic ones.

So stop it.
you can prognosticate all you want. I ask you to take 2 minutes to watch the video at least for context.

I assume you have some knowledge of the CWBA? The whole dustup for about 2 weeks over Ice Cube mere willingness to meet with the POTUS and being a "sellout" vs the reaction of the Biden camp?

Who are the leaders of the Black community that Trump has refused to meet with?

Old 10-26-2020, 12:27 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Appears to me you've made a few leaps in logic, yourself.
Appears to me you don't like reading the news. Here let me help you:
Quote:
Chicago police say six people have been killed and at least 18 others have been hurt in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ekend/2358925/

Those damn Republicans and GOP mayors do it again!

Old 10-26-2020, 12:30 PM

301 posts, read 183,125 times
What is holding back black people? Other black people. When white people read every day about black-on-black violence, or see how blacks live in all/mostly black neighborhoods (i.e. slums), whites overwhelmingly prefer to avoid them. We avoid living near them. Sending our kids to school with them. Working near them. Shopping near them. And the crime stats back it up. There are very valid reasons to avoid them.

No white person in their right mind would move into a predominantly black neighborhood, or send their kids to a mostly black school. Who's fault is that?

Blacks have a serious PR problem of their own making.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I don’t believe that Biden said what you quoted. A quote is a quote always.
And I know for a fact that Biden has met with leaders of the black community to understand the specific issues. Are you saying you know otherwise?
you're right, I should have said "paraphrasing".

The reality is

"Facts: I put out the [Contract With Black America]. Both parties contacted me. Dems said we’ll address the CWBA after the election. Trump campaign made some adjustments to their plan,” rapper says.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
I don't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole, curious how long this thread is allowed to stay up

Old 10-26-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Ice Cube himself said that Biden's camp wouldn't meet with him until after the election.

He's on tape saying as much.
yeah, I just interpreted the message based on 50 years of history.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
In an election year that is witnessing historic levels of Black voter turnout, these types of off-color statements are not what the Trump campaign needs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/polit...rnd/index.html
which is exactly why partisan operatives such as the OP and you are thrilled to promote misleading headlines and articles that help your cause and keep us divided.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:40 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
What is holding back black people? Other black people.

Blacks have a serious PR problem of their own making.
Bingo, no one will respect us blacks until blacks respect blacks.

I'm my own person, but as a whole, we have a lot to learn if we ever want to prosper. First rule, stop the violence. Second rule, graduate high school. Third rule, no kids outside of marriage. It's just baby steps.

We "got off the boat" in America. If there are blacks who rather have gotten off the boat in Brazil, Haiti, or Cuba then goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies