Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 06:21 PM

298 posts, read 116,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a little surprised by the confidence and hubris of the dems who seem assured of a Biden win, like 2016.

The numbers just do not add up and it would appear that Trump is poised to win by a bigger margin than 2016.

Democrats- I wonder if you really believe Joe is going to win, or whether it is just political posturing and hope that is manifesting in these projections?

No one can predict the future- maybe he will. However, Joe's chances seem to be slipping lower every day and the current winds of the Biden scandals (as well as his revelations that he plans to D/C fossil fuels) has not helped. The DNC has persuaded Obama to do a campaign blitz while Biden is hiding out, but it appears too little, too late.

Anyone here really think Biden is going to win?
I'm a registered Republican, who voted for Biden this year.

I'm not sure what numbers you're looking at, but the objective numbers currently available point to a highly probable Biden victory.

Of course, there is still about a 1 in 10 chance that Trump will win (as opposed to his 1 in 3 chance in 2016). So he has a much smaller chance of winning, but it's not impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 06:21 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Bottom line Chucksnee - Trump won with a minority of the popular vote in 2016 and that was with low voter turnout for the Dems.

Independent of nearly every poll available showing Biden leads in nearly all swing states, have you seen the lines at every voter location? This election is setting turnout records. Do you believe (most of) those people are waiting in line to vote for Trump?

What Hillary voter or non voter has Trump won over with his 4 years of national dysfunction ?

Sorry for you and OP, but it really appears that there are many more Biden supporters this go-round than Trump supporters.
Time will tell...……………………………………. in just about a week.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:23 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
I think Pelosi was right all along. If they called off the debates and just kept the guy in his basement, he would have possibly won.

The more the guy talks, the more Americans understand Biden isn't President material. Then he pops off and lets the world know that if he wins, he'll roll out the red carpet for 11,000,000 illegal aliens to enter America. This is the stuff that doesn't sit well with voters!

Old 10-26-2020, 06:24 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
This is purely my anecdotal observation. I live in Indianapolis. Geist to be exact. Last time, I did not see a single Hillary sign. Plenty of Trump signs, though. This time around, Everywhere I look, I see Biden Harris signs.

Take it how you will.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:28 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
A military family who supports communism ??
An adult in a developed country who never learned what communism is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
The more the guy talks, the more Americans understand Biden isn't President material.
This is just wishful thinking, since not reflected in any data we have on what Americans think about Biden.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
This is purely my anecdotal observation. I live in Indianapolis. Geist to be exact. Last time, I did not see a single Hillary sign. Plenty of Trump signs, though. This time around, Everywhere I look, I see Biden Harris signs.

Take it how you will.
Because previous Clinton voters decided to put out Biden signs in desperation?

Old 10-26-2020, 08:15 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
He’ll win but the Trump Court will throw out the results and install their Patron for another term.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:37 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
What does it matter what people believe will happen?

What will be, will be.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:39 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
I am a little surprised by the confidence and hubris of the dems who seem assured of a Biden win, like 2016.

The numbers just do not add up and it would appear that Trump is poised to win by a bigger margin than 2016.

Democrats- I wonder if you really believe Joe is going to win, or whether it is just political posturing and hope that is manifesting in these projections?

No one can predict the future- maybe he will. However, Joe's chances seem to be slipping lower every day and the current winds of the Biden scandals (as well as his revelations that he plans to D/C fossil fuels) has not helped. The DNC has persuaded Obama to do a campaign blitz while Biden is hiding out, but it appears too little, too late.

Anyone here really think Biden is going to win?
Yes, I think Joe is going to win. I’m not overconfident, however. I’m cautiously optimistic.

I base my opinion on the overwhelming edge he has in the polls. On what do you base your belief that Trump will win? Wishful thinking?

Old 10-26-2020, 08:44 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Sure-

95% of republicans support Trump (higher than 2016)

More women, blacks, and Hispanics are voting for Trump than 2016.

There has been a HUGE "walkaway" movement from the dems, due to their shift to the left

No one shows up for Biden rallies- no one

Thousands show up for Trump rallies

Nearly everyone who voted for Trump in 2016 is doing so again, although there are isolated exceptions

Momentum is on Trump's side- Biden continues to fall and Trump rises.

The bribery scandal, ANTIFA and BLM, and revealing that he would kill fossil fuels is costing Biden

No one likes Harris

Trump signs are everywhere. I traveled through Iowa last week, which is 50/50. Trump signs were everywhere and not a Biden sign in sight.

There you have it.
Yard signs don't vote, people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies