Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 12:55 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Voted against Hillary in 2016. Voted for President Trump in 2020.
Same here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 12:58 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
I know it's hard, but one can hold two thoughts in their head at a time. Maybe take off the MAGA hat and try it again.

I would vote for a Republican only if their opponent were as corrupt, crazy, nasty and wrongheaded as President Trump. Since Trump is all those things, it makes it easy to both vote for my political interest, and against him at the same time.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:03 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Multiple things can be true at the same time, hard as that may be to believe.
I've been very pleased with President Trump's policies and actions. He's done much better than I expected. I am voting for Making America Great Again.

I am also voting against the Insane asylum called the Democratic Party and the entire wokeness, political correctness and cancel culture.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Voting against Trump.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:04 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
I voted against Hillary in 2016. Now I'll vote for Trump in 2020. I could write an essay as to why. Primarily, the current configuration of the Democratic Platform scares the life out of me. I'm not sure the Democrats can agree on what they want and when they march out candidates like Joe Biden/Harris, it tells me they have no idea what they are doing.

Also, to run an entire election campaign based upon 1) Orange Man Bad and 2) Racism, isn't enough to float my boat. Tells me the Democratic Party is an absolute mess right now.

You couple this with unruly "craziness" and I find it difficult how anybody can vote for Biden and the Democrats. But hey, that's just me

Last edited by pete98146; 10-27-2020 at 01:37 PM..

Old 10-27-2020, 01:04 PM

49 posts, read 22,903 times
I feel as if many people are voting for Biden just because they hate trump!

As a sane and decent person, I just do not see how anyone can support the democrats today! They support defunding the police for gods sake, lets not see how that would look!

Old 10-27-2020, 01:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I'm curious about the mind set of voting. I've seen many comments about more people voting against President Trump rather than voting for Joe Biden.

So, what's behind your thinking during this wild election? Are you voting for someone (or something) or are you voting against someone (or something)?
I voted Sanders in the primary, he was my policy candidate. Had to vote Biden in the general as at least no more judgeships will be in R hands for a while if he wins

Old 10-27-2020, 01:43 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman82 View Post
I feel as if many people are voting for Biden just because they hate trump!

As a sane and decent person, I just do not see how anyone can support the democrats today! They support defunding the police for gods sake, lets not see how that would look!

Not to mention they plan on allowing 11MM illegals into the country! Yo kids, if you think jobs are hard to find now? Wait till the cash hungry illegals enter the job market who think they hit the jackpot for that $15 an hour job! Can you say slim pickens in the employment market?

Old 10-27-2020, 01:51 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Not to mention they plan on allowing 11MM illegals into the country! Yo kids, if you think jobs are hard to find now? Wait till the cash hungry illegals enter the job market who think they hit the jackpot for that $15 an hour job! Can you say slim pickens in the employment market?
So you see jobs as a fixed commodity? More people don't mean more jobs?

Old 10-27-2020, 01:56 PM

622 posts, read 410,238 times
I have not met a single person who is voting for Biden ...... and I associate with a lot of liberals including family members. Without exception they are voting against Trump. Quite a few agree that Biden is just not up to the job in terms of his mental acuity, they believe he did assault Tara Reade and did use his influence to help Hunter and his siblings.

They hardly ever cite Covid because they acknowledge that no matter who was president, the probability is that Covid would have been a major problem. It is just that they really detest Trump.

A couple have told me that they would vote for a potted plant if it resulted in Trump being removed from office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies