Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 02:01 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I'm curious about the mind set of voting. I've seen many comments about more people voting against President Trump rather than voting for Joe Biden.

So, what's behind your thinking during this wild election? Are you voting for someone (or something) or are you voting against someone (or something)?
If you are in a fight, are you fighting to beat someone else down, or to protect yourself? Sometimes the answre is clear, more often it's a little bit of both.

In my case, this year, it's both. I'm mostly fighting FOR America, which is a vote AGAINST Trump. To vote against Trump I choose to vote FOR Biden. I could abstain, or I could vote for a third party, but because my ultimate goal is to vote FOR America, I can't waste half a vote on someone who has no chance of winning.

So, for me, it's both. Mostly a vote against Trump. That motivates me more than voting FOR Biden. I wish I could say otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 02:22 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Well, I do hate to admit it, but I am voting AGAINST the far left. I don't like Trump, but I dislike the far left much more.

If Biden had selected Donnelly, Gabbard or Klobuchar, I would be voting for him, but I will not vote for anyone that could very possibly leave a far-left liberal as leader of the U.S. ALL candidates have stances on issues that I disagree with -- but I think that the chances of ever finding a candidate that I agree with on even 90% of the issues are slim to none.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-27-2020 at 02:32 PM..

Old 10-27-2020, 02:29 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Democrats are voting for more and bigger Government to control our lives. Republicans are voting against that and FOR the spirit and independence of the American citizen.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, I do hate to admit it, but I am voting AGAINST the far left. I don't like Trump, but I dislike the far left much more.

If Biden had selected Donnelly, Gabbard or Klobuchar, I would be voting for him, but I will not vote for anyone that could very possibly leave a far-left liberal as leader of the U.S. ALL candidates have stances on issues that I disagree with -- but I think that the chances of ever finding a candidate that I agree with on even 90% of the issues are slim to none.
I don't get where this Harris is a leftist talk comes from, she was a prosecutor and attorney General. Not the credentials of a leftist.....

Old 10-27-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats are voting for more and bigger Government to control our lives. Republicans are voting against that and FOR the spirit and independence of the American citizen.
Really? You guys want to re-ban gay marriage and abortion. I consider that trying to control peoples lives!

Old 10-27-2020, 03:23 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If you are in a fight, are you fighting to beat someone else down, or to protect yourself? Sometimes the answre is clear, more often it's a little bit of both.

In my case, this year, it's both. I'm mostly fighting FOR America, which is a vote AGAINST Trump. To vote against Trump I choose to vote FOR Biden. I could abstain, or I could vote for a third party, but because my ultimate goal is to vote FOR America, I can't waste half a vote on someone who has no chance of winning.

So, for me, it's both. Mostly a vote against Trump. That motivates me more than voting FOR Biden. I wish I could say otherwise.
Many people are fighting FOR America by voting for Trump and I am one of those people. The policies the Democrats are pushing put America into a downward spiral. I am voting FOR America and against Democratic policy.

I will not vote against a person, but I will vote against their policy. Trump may not be a likeable person but likeability isnt a deciding factor for me. Id rather vote for an a**hole who gets stuff done in the interest of America than someone that pulls the wool over the sheeps eyes to make it appear they care about America when their policy tells a different story.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:31 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I don't get where this Harris is a leftist talk comes from, she was a prosecutor and attorney General. Not the credentials of a leftist.....
The policies she campaigned on when she was running for president and her voting record in the Senate. Even on 60 minutes they pointed out that she was rated the most liberal person in the Senate.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:35 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,969,843 times
At this point,..everybody has dropped anything good in their life for vapid politics that they are so dug in,..

they are voting to save Face is all that's left.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The policies she campaigned on when she was running for president and her voting record in the Senate. Even on 60 minutes they pointed out that she was rated the most liberal person in the Senate.
That was biased questioning, I don't even really like Harris, but it was a loaded segment

Old 10-27-2020, 03:39 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman82 View Post
As a sane and decent person, I just do not see how anyone can support the democrats today! They support defunding the police for gods sake, lets not see how that would look!
As a sane and decent person you should stop listening to nonsense that claims Democrats are going to defund the police. Its a poor choice of words. Many Democrats want to change how their police funds are spent, maybe less police but more community service sorts. Which ironically would result in police being available for more serious issues. Biden has called out this specific bit of nonsense and made clear that he views increased spending on the police as the solution by increasing their training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies