Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 08:24 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times

Advertisements

At Trump's rallies, he has thrown out numerous false claims about what Biden might do if elected, such as to end all private health insurance and to quadruple taxes. It seems this is to elicit jeers from the audiences of his low-information followers. Most of the bogus claims would be quickly recognized by sentient people, but Trump is in a state of desperation. I think its about time to enact regulations by which all candidates, regardless of party, would have to abide, about truthfulness in campaign statements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...WCP?li=BBnb7Kz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 08:29 PM

5,181 posts, read 3,097,864 times
Yeah, Orange Man Bad. Now stomp your feet for effect.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:36 PM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Biden has hidden in his basement for so long, I don’t have any idea what his actual plans are. I heard a couple vague talking points at the debate, but that’s it.

Does he support fundamental change in America by packing the courts, DC and PR statehood, electoral college abolishment, etc? Who knows?

His tax plan? It keeps changing

His support for the oil industry? It keeps changing

His support for the New Green Deal? I don’t know, AOC is sometimes pleased and sometimes not.

His Covid response isn’t really going to change anything. This thing just needs to run its course.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:40 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
What did Trump do? Call Biden a racist? Claim he colluded with Russia? Promote a lie that Biden called veterans "losers" weeks after it had been proven a lie? Call him a clown on national TV? Threaten to impeach him?

Or maybe he just told the truth about Biden's disastrous policies, which are far worse than anything Trump could say about him.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:41 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
He just lies constantly almost nonstop.

It's pathetic.

That anyone wants this kind of verbal diarrhea chucked out daily from the bully pulpit for the next 4 years is a puzzle to me.

How can you not be sick of it?

Old 10-28-2020, 08:42 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
At Trump's rallies, he has thrown out numerous false claims about what Biden might do if elected, such as to end all private health insurance and to quadruple taxes. It seems this is to elicit jeers from the audiences of his low-information followers. Most of the bogus claims would be quickly recognized by sentient people, but Trump is in a state of desperation. I think its about time to enact regulations by which all candidates, regardless of party, would have to abide, about truthfulness in campaign statements.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...WCP?li=BBnb7Kz
That would immediately end the Biden campaign. He couldn't lie about "Russian collusion", calling vets losers, call Trump a racist, claim he doesn't denounce white supremacists, etc, etc. In fact, Biden would have to run on his own policies-which would destroy him. The only people he appeals to are the severely TDS afflicted.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:55 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

It's pathetic.

That anyone wants this kind of verbal diarrhea chucked out daily from the bully pulpit for the next 4 years is a puzzle to me.

his blathering is NOTHING compared to the liberal media i cant even watch because its so sickening. and all the crybaby feelgood dems that made 4 years of absolute hell, rioted, plan after plan to impeach him. dear lord.

and hearing people on here say things like this, the ignorance is 100x more annoying than anything trump could utter in a lifetime.

the democrats have divided, and caused this shatshow all on their own.

calm down, youll get your way soon. maybe go crab a blanket and take your nap until the election.

maybe have a doctor present incase trump wins, you will need immediate medical attention for your relaps of TDS, and of course you will need to be sedated and put into therapy stat.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:51 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Political campaigns lie or exaggerate the truth to make their opponents look bad and hopefully make themselves look better. It’s common practice for many decades if not longer. Difference is today we have a majority of the press willing to promote one candidate over another more openly than ever before.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:06 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

It's pathetic.

Somehow I doubt you’re watching Trump rallies. So maybe take a break from the verbal diarrhea chucked out from whatever you’re watching.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:10 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
No worries... after Biden gets defeated his so called “plans” won’t be worth the paper he forgot to write them on.
This is going to be HRC 2.0.... Biden is running on disparaging Trump, promising to get rid of thousands of jobs ( HRC and the coal industry) and raising taxes. ( and if you believe he will stop at those only making 400k ..... don’t wake up, I’ve got a bet on you). As soon as they run out of their tax dollars, they’re gonna come for the middle class.

Last edited by Sydney123; 10-28-2020 at 10:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies